James Johnson is the man of the hour in terms of waiver pickups. Over the past week he has a 16/4.8/3.3/1.5/1 slash line with 2.3 treys and is shooting 48% from the field. He’s 37% owned, so you’ll need to run quickly to the wire, but he should be viable for at least as long as Justise Winslow is out, and possibly after that as well!
Swishers – These are the guys that should be picked up if you need 3s. They’re all definite buys in the short term, but they could have upside for minutes down the road as well.
- Buddy Hield – His ownership is down to 32%, which seems to be an over reaction. He can still drain em from Deep. THRAGNOF away!
- Marco Belinelli – Injured right now, but still a great shooter when healthy. Pick him up when he’s back.
- Allen Crabbe
- Terrence Ross – A bit of a roller-coaster, but definite upside.
- *Wayne Ellington* – An elite shooting option while the Heat are beaten up.
- Troy Daniels – Trying to fight his way back to relevancy – I don’t trust him or his role yet, but if you’re feeling lucky, then give him a shot!
- *Jodie Meeks* – Short term flier, but he’s hot right now!
- *Matt Barnes* – Omri Casspi seems to have fallen out of flavor, and it looks like Barnes is the beneficiary.
Dishers – These are the guys who are gonna help out your assists. In my opinion, this is one of the harder categories to get off the wire.
- T.J. McConnell – Ironically, the better assist PG on the Sixers. He is what he is, but the assists are nice.
- Matthew Dellavedova – Nothing fancy, but chips in a couple 3s, a steal, and 5-7 assists. No upside, but very little downside. He’s been in a slump lately, but the assists and 3s are still there.
- Patty Mills – Almost put him under Thragnof, but he’s having a career contract year. He gets you 2 treys, 48% from the field, and 93% at the line. Plus, his TOs hover around 1. Low end production, but all of the percentages are great! He’s a must own this year in all standard leagues.
- Tony Parker – It’s ironic seeing him lower than Mills. Add him for assists and not much else.
- Brandon Jennings – He’s turned into a dime specialist, and it’s probably the best thing for his career. Grab him for consistent assists, and the occasional shooting outburst.
- *Raymond Felton* – Worth a look while CP3 is down.
*Deep League Special*
- Malcolm Brogdon – His ownership has shot up, and he’s certainly a good assist source, but for me, he’s still borderline in 12ers. The outbursts are nice though.
Boards and Blocks
- Lucas Nogueira – He’s slowed down again, but he’s still going to get some blocks. Barely holdable in 12ers.
- Jon Leuer – Solid scoring and board guy, with the occasional block. Good for metrics, but not much volume.
- John Henson – Slowed down a lot, but still good for blocks.
- Jerami Grant – He’s gettin’ blocks! Not much value here, but the defensive stats are there.
Thieves – Self explanatory
- Tony Allen – He’s back! Lower end production, but he should be a consistent source of boards and steals while healthy. Borderline must own at the moment.
- Thabo Sefolosha – Top 100 on the season, he has put up a sneaky good line. Good percentages, over 2 steals per game, some boards, some assists, a trey, and low TO rate. He’s a must own in my opinion. Thabo is the perfect kind of guy to have as a back end producer, who will help you in multiple categories.
- Andre Roberson – 1.2 steals this past week and 1.0 blocks, so I’m sticking him here, but I definitely recommend his low volume line. Oh, he also puts in the occasional trey. Not a must own, but a must consider I suppose.
- P.J. Tucker – He’s getting minutes, and he’s getting steals, with the occasional outburst. At only 10% ownership, he’s a viable streaming option.
That’s it for now everybody.