Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+

It’s hard to believe – it seems like just yesterday Kyrie hit that coldblooded killer jumper in Cali – but the season is finally here tomorrow!  FINALLY!  Starting next week, in our first full week of the season, we’ll be going into the weekly schedule laid out below.  I’ll be carrying the torch on all the Daily Notes through the first week, starting on Wednesday morning!  Man, I can’t wait for real NBA action to get goin’!

And with the year about to start, it’s time to make our 2016-17 predictions!  Find all of the Razzball Basketball staff’s picks below.

I also want to remind you all in Razzball Nation that we still have a few RCL spots open!  Check out the remaining leagues on our signup post, and don’t miss this last chance to get in on the action!

Here’s our 2016-17 Razzball Basketball schedule and staff picks:

Craig Bozic – Dynasty Deep Dive

SUNDAY

515

M@ – The 7 Ahead

Razzball Basketball

2016-2017 Razzball Basketball Staff Picks

Sleeper Bust Value Deep League Target Fantasy MVP East Champ West Champ NBA Champ NBA MVP
JB Chandler Parsons Thaddeus Young Jeremy Lin Jerami Grant Giannis Antetokounmpo Cleveland Cavaliers San Antonio Spurs Cleveland Cavaliers Kawhi Leonard
Slim Josh Richardson Nikola Jokic Gary Harris Trevor Booker Hassan Whiteside Super Team Knicks Golden State Warriors Golden State Warriors Russell Westbrook
Dan A Jae Crowder John Wall Gorgui Dieng Joakim Noah Russell Westbrook Cleveland Cavaliers Golden State Warriors Golden State Warriors Stephen Curry
Peter Kap Eric Gordon Kenneth Faried Pau Gasol Seth Curry Giannis Antetokounmpo Cleveland Cavaliers Golden State Warriors Golden State Warriors Russell Westbrook
Adam Eric Gordon Klay Thompson Jeremy Lin JaMychal Green James Harden Cleveland Cavaliers San Antonio Spurs San Antonio Spurs Russell Westbrook
Wheyen3 Blake Griffin Jimmy Butler Rodney Hood Malcolm Brogdon Giannis Antetokounmpo Boston Celtics Golden State Warriors Boston Celtics Russell Westbrook
Craig Bozic Dante Exum Zach LaVine Jared Sullinger Jusuf Nurkic James Harden Indiana Pacers Golden State Warriors Golden State Warriors Stephen Curry
M@ Rodney Hood Rajon Rondo Jusuf Nurkic Solomon Hill James Harden Cleveland Cavaliers Golden State Warriors Golden State Warriors Kawhi Leonard

1. hamtime says:

Hi JB,

Thoughts on my team? 14m/9cat. Took some risks but seemed to have gotten good value based on your ranks. FA pool opens when the season starts, so appreciate your input on cats the I should build on/punt:

1. (9) Hassan Whiteside
    2. (20) Kyle Lowry
    3. (37) Eric Bledsoe – should i trade for gobert?
    4. (48) Gorgui Dieng
    5. (65) Jae Crowder
    6. (76) Enes Kanter
    7. (93) Kent Bazemore
    8. (104) Robert Covington
    9. (121) Bismack Biyombo
    10. (132) Ish Smith
    11. (149) Trevor Booker – ehhhh was unsure about this but figured help w rebs/fgs?
    12. (160) Luol Deng

@hamtime: Looks pretty good! Love the value of Crowder .Def holding Bledsoe, you need the PG depth. Even so, AST are a little low. Scoring might not be elite, but I’m not sure I see too many other issues!

2. MAC says:

RAZZUP?!!!

agree with the first 3 with slim, sleeper gonna be jrich, bust is jokic and harris for value. got harris in both of my leagues at 120 and 127. got jrich as my last pick in 1 while got sniped 2 picks b4 my last pick in the other. rather have nurkic in the 80-100 range than jokic top 40.
    fantasy mvp curry/paul. (co mvps)

east champ CAVS
    west champ GSW
    nba champ CAVS
    league mvp LBJ
    finals mvp LBJ

now on to the season!!!

@MAC: 100% agree with the value on Nurk vs. Jokic. Seeing Jokic go top 30 in a lot of drafts! Hah big on LeBron this year, huh!? Ha

• MAC says:

@JB Gilpin: man thats absurd. top 30? r u jokic me?
        reality wise, this is lebrons best chance to get another mvp. with kd curry playing together, westbrooks and hardens team wud be hard pressed to get top seedings.

• MAC says:

@JB Gilpin: man, jokic hype is in full swing this season. basically drafting him for his ceiling.

cavs doesnt necesarily need to destroy em, but just getting that top seed. right now, its actually kawhi who might be in the convo. spurs shud be there atleast top 3 in the west. yeah, i think seedings matter a whole lot especially with the media votes. and, its not like lebron is still not the best player in the league right now.

@MAC: 100% agree. Kawhi was my pick! Wooooo!

3. Fenris-77 says:

Oh, me too, me too!

Sleeper – Elfrid Payton
    Bust – Kyrie Irving
    Value – Gorgui Dieng
    Deep – Lou Williams
    MVP – James Harden
    East – Cavs
    West – Warriors
    NBA Champ – Warriors
    Finals MVP – Durant

@Fenris-77: Nice! Love the Lou Williams call!

4. Melo says:

What do you think about Patterson (I know you hate him!)? Sully is injured, and the Raptors don’t really have any depth at that 4-5 spot. Is he a viable option in 12 team league? My cut candidates are Deng and Korver, maybe Winslow if he continues to play like shit 😀

@Melo: Hahahaha that’s more a Slim joke, I think Pit-Pat is OK… I think Siakam will surprise for some minutes too. I’d hold your guys

• Slim

@Melo: Hate is such a strong word… He’s just useless that’s all. I’m sure he’s a lovely human being and all but he’s just plain useless as far as stat production goes.

5. Foreign Affairs says:

Oh I got to get in on this and see how badly I do at seasons end lol.
    Sleeper : Steven Adams small sample size alert but he it looks like he’s primed to make a leap and will be given more minutes and he might make a passable 68% from the line.
    Bust: Victor Oladipo, Adams putting up numbers closer to Vucevic, Westbrook instead of Elfrid how is he supposed to put up better numbers then last year, especially to justify the top 30 pick he keeps getting.
    Value: Rudy Gay….uhh I hate the Kings but he was 47th last year you guys are right about his assists only going down with ballhog Rondo and he’s generally going in the 70-90 range, thats just value.
    Deep League Target: Derrick Williams, this is the deep league hill I’ve chosen to die on this year, I believe in you D-Will don’t let Luke Babbitt win.
    Fantasy MVP: Karl Anthony Towns, that MVP season we kept expecting from Davis if he wasn’t matchstick man, yeah were about to get that.
    East Champ: Toronto Raptors wishful homer thinking that a Cavs team with less motivation loses to my Raptors
    West Champ and NBA Champ: Golden State Warriors, I don’t see how this team can be stopped, Bogut routinely sat or was hurt for the important part of games the last two years, Zaza is more then enough of a replacement and you’ve upgraded from Barnes to Durant..and if thats not an upgrade just ask Mark Cuban who is already trying to reign in expectations after Barnes terrible pre-season.
    NBA MVP: I say Towns, I think they make the playoffs this year and thats because of Towns with credit to Thibs who I think gets Coach of the Year. Though Thibs getting that will probably take away votes from Towns and with the way the media tends votes it’s likely to be Harden or Westbrook if they have a better record especially because they both have more high profile stories for writers(if you know you ignore the whole Harden mailing it in last year is the reason it’s a comeback story in the first place)

@Foreign Affairs: Well not as in love with Adams obviously, but I agree Dipo is getting a little overdrafted. Got Gay 96 I think in an RCL? Was surprising. Don’t forget James Johnson! Just added him in REL, pretty happy about it. I know I went bold going Spurs, but Gasol and Aldridge is a tough front line. Put Kawhi on Durant or Curry. If anyone could do it, I think they could. Obviously love Towns, but I think MVP discussion is still maybe a year away, bc I think the Wolves are still an 8-10 seed, and MVP can get biased with record

• Foreign Affairs says:

@JB Gilpin: Getting Gay that late was really surprising, I think the Kings stench has chased off alot of people, Cousins and Collison can even get drafted lower then they should sometimes. We’re championing opposing heat players this year I’m curious which one will come out ahead in the end, my only certainty is it won’t be Babbitt. It’s a good pick with the Spurs, there the only team I think can beat the Warriors for the reasons you’ve listed and if Green rebounds after whatever last year was he can guard Curry, Klay or Iggy as well. MVP is very biased towards record I think they might actually make enough of a jump to be a 5-7 seed and in a crowded field the point system could go in his favor, Kawhi’s next for me though because the Spurs are his now without Duncan which is weird to think of.

@Foreign Affairs: 100% agree. And even if he’s dealt, I can’t see his value changing all that much. Hah poor Babbitt, although his 3pt % is still pretty good.

Yeah will be weird to watch the Spurs with no Duncan, but if they can stay up with the Warriors in the standings and Kawhi take even a baby step forward and stay healthy most of the year, his defense will put him in the running.

6. RePete says:

Just drafted in a deep 16-Team H2H Standard League:

G – Westbrook, Rondo, Elfrid, Mudiay, Evan Turner, Shabazz
    F – Griffin, Jabari, Mason Plumlee
    C – Jordan, Capela, Chandler, Henson

Punting FT% and most likely 3PT. Obviously lacking at SG, who do you feel I should consider moving to find an upgrade at SG that fits my mold?

Hoping DeAndre and Griffin can offset Westbrook FG% but Elfrid and Mudiay may do more harm than good as well. I’m kinda hoping Mudiay has a hot start so I can trade him since it looks like I have too many PGs and Assists.

FA’s: Casspi, Zaza, Moore, Beasley, Joe Johnson (any adds?)

@RePete: Yeah you’re no question punting 3s too. Could use a little more scoring too. DeRozan maybe? I think Elfrid isn’t that bad, Mudiay is rough at FG%. Mudiay + something small for DeRozan and maybe get lucky? Only move I think I’d make is to nab Johnson I think for Bazz. It’s a short-term play while Hayward is hurt, but minutes should be there.

7. v00dr00 says:

Yoooo, would you scoop up Mozgov based on my team here? I’m pretty pleased with this team as I really tried to limit the FG% drain that Boogie/Wall sometimes brings to the table.

PG John Wall, Wsh PG [Breaking News] Draft
    Bench Josh Richardson*, Mia SG O [Breaking News] Draft
    Bench Willie Cauley-Stein, Sac C [Recent News] Draft
    Bench Terrence Jones, Nor PF [Recent News] Free Agency
    IR Jrue Holiday*, Nor PG O Draft

Oh and:

Sleeper – Nurkic
    Bust – Wiggins (according to what the world has set out for him in real & fantasy)
    Value – Gorgui
    Deep – Lyles
    MVP – Harden
    East – Cavs
    West – Warriors
    NBA Champ – Cavs
    Finals MVP – Kyrie

@v00dr00: Yeah I think you did pretty well! Def will look dirty once Jrue is back. Yeah a big makes sense, mozgov works! Cavs/Warriors seem to be the ones to pick, I decided to go a little off the grain with mine 🙂

• v00dr00 says:

@JB Gilpin: Bye bye WCS I’m guessing? That blank UTIL spot is deceptive, 15 player team here.

• v00dr00 says:

@v00dr00: There’s also a Pit Pat lingering on the wire, as well as the bane of everyone’s existence, Roy Hibbert, and Amir Johnson. Are any of them worth more than Mozgov, let alone WCS? I’m just not bullish or excited about WCS, who was my only panic pick of my draft haha

@v00dr00: Ohhhhh OK, I thought that spot was open. Ummmm, yeah I’ll go Mozgov over him for the more assured PT outta the gate. Hah nah those other guys can sit out there 🙂

8. hamtime says:

Hi JB,

I own westbrook in my 16m 11cat. Would you do either of the following?

AD + brandon knight for my westbrook + markieff
    or
    AD + gary harris for westbrook (prob drop henson)

Here is my team, but is brittle AD a better fit?

(2) Russell Westbrook

• NYFantaC says:

@hamtime: AD= DTD. No thank you! RW=MVP

• Hamtime says:

@NYFantaC: DTD?

• v00dr00 says:

@Hamtime: Day to Day

@hamtime: @NYFantaC: @v00dr00: Hah yeah he’s saying Brow’s injury history makes him rough to own. I finally own Brow for the first time this year in one of my RCLs. If he stays healthy, I should be able to take all the credit 🙂

And yeah, i wouldn’t take either of those deals

9. Kawhi did I do it ? says:

So I had my draft last night with every expectation of drafting CP or Giannis with the 6th pick. Last minute change of heart I’m drafting Kawhi then Whiteside falls to pick 15. I think there’s lots of great PG’s left I’ll just grab Lowry, Wall or Kemba. Then go after player like Teague, Scorder, Russell… at the ranking I have them no problem. After by Rubio pick every single PG I put in my queue got sniped so hard I think Im pretty much punting AST. Please let me know what you think of my current team.

10 Team/ H2H/ 9 Cats

1. (6) Kawhi Leonard (SA – SG,SF)
    2. (15) Hassan Whiteside (Mia – C)
    3. (26) Kristaps Porzingis (NY – PF,C)
    4. (35) Eric Bledsoe (Pho – PG,SG)
    5. (46) Ricky Rubio (Min – PG)
    6. (55) Tobias Harris (Det – SF,PF)
    7. (66) Nikola Vucevic (Orl – PF,C)
    8. (75) Darren Collison (Sac – PG)
    9. (86) Avery Bradley (Bos – PG,SG)
    10. (95) Robert Covington (Phi – SF,PF)
    11. (106) Luol Deng (LAL – SF,PF)
    12. (115) Markieff Morris (Was – PF,C)

Should I trade Rubio or should I try and boost my assist with one of these PG’s left on the wire Jrue Hoilday, Delly, Ish, D.Will, Parker, J.Murry.

@Kawhi did I do it ?: Whoaaaaaaaaaa, what a pair! Yeah that’s the struggle with skipping on PG, is they go on runs really hard. Hmmm I actually think your AST is still playable! E Bled, Rubio, Colly then maybe a little from Bradley isn’t too bad. Then would 100% nab Ish for Kieff and your AST is fine! So you have IL spots? If so I would drop Kieff for Jrue, stash him, then nab Ish. Team overall looks pretty good, especially if you can nab Ish!

• Footloose says:

Theres no IL spot…. Does that mean I drop Keiff for Ish?

@Footloose: Gotcha, yeah I would do that move. Tough to stash Jrue in a 10er with no IL

10. Joe says:

JB – Are you a Panthers fan? If so, can non Carolina people be Panthers fans (but I guess, why would they want to be?) I’m asking for a…uh….friend. A friend without a team.

Not a basketball question but may as well keep it semi interesting on a slow day!

@Joe:Go Panthers! Hahaha, yeah of course anyone can be Panthers fans! I can get why a lot of “outsiders” find us annoying due to Cam and some swagger, but it’s a good/fun team. Rough start this year though. Lost a game on missed FG, and lost 2 of the others on last sec field goals. Not as bad as the record.

• Joe says:

Ok. So it wasn’t for a friend. It’s just me. I’ve never really held a football team near and dear since I grew up on an island where football isn’t a major sport for viewing. I’m a DC Washingtonian presently, but I can’t get behind Washington because full disclosure, I hate the team name. (I’m just stating that as a factual reason for not being behind them, not to inspire debate). It’d be nice to root for a fun, unpretentious franchise.

So as lame as basically “choosing” a team sounds, that’s what I’m basically left to do. However, I *can* say that any time I’ve opted to root for since age 10, I’m still rooting for, so I am loyal, if initially commitment shy.

@Joe: Well come join the Panthers man! Keep Pounding! Our slogan is for battling cancer, nothing much better than that. You’ll have a QB that is arguably the most fun to watch in the NFL, the best middle linebacker, all we need is our corners to develop a little better. Plus we can talk Panthers in the comments the next few months!

11. dom says:

gonna be a great year?

what do you think of this team for 9 cat 12 team league? who is cuttable for streaming?

PG Curry
    SG A Bradley
    SF Crowder
    PF Favors
    C D Jordan
    U Horford

Bench
    Schroder
    E Payton
    L Deng
    R Covington
    M Barnes
    Capela

The only guy on my roster who qualifies at SG at the moment is Bradley so I’m a bit light there. Your thoughts? Thanks

@dom: Hah yeah I hope so! Going for some FT punt it looks like. I might look to move Horford to be honest, since your big man stats are pretty solid. I like pretty much everything else though! Barnes is your clear first cut, even though I like him

12. Nate says:

Thanks for any feedback on my team! 12-team H2H, 9-cat, punting FG% and FT%, auction draft with $200 budget

Draymond Green SF/PF, $42
    John Wall PG, $42
    Trevor Ariza SG/SF, $30
    DeAndre Jordan C, $21
    Andre Drummond PF/C, $17
    D’Angelo Russell PG, $17
    Clint Capela PF/C, $12
    Dwight Howard PF/C, $8
    Monta Ellis PG/SG, $3
    Emmanuel Mudiay PG, $3
    Kentavious Caldwell-Pope SG, $2
    J.R. Smith SG/SF, $2
    Marcus Morris SF/PF, $1

I missed out on Elfrid Payton and Rajon Rondo, but otherwise felt pretty happy – suggestions for trade targets or improvements are much appreciated!

@Nate: Glad to help! Good thing you got Wall then! But yeah your AST are pretty solid with Wall/Green. Some sexy FT punting you did there, got the 4 main guys really haha. Def thinl you need to improve on scoring, it’s the peril of FT punting. Dray hurts that too. Could also use a few more 3s, although JR helps. I think your STL are great, I might try to shop Monta for a little better scorer with bad FT, maybe take the risk on Parsons if he went for cheap?

• Nate says:

@JB Gilpin: Nice call, just put the trade offer out and will see if it happens 🙂

@Nate: Awesome, hope he takes it!

13. Joe says:

But in all seriousness, would you deal Knight for Wiggins straight up, or Knight and Parsons for Crowder (I would add Covington or Harris most likely)?

Team: Lowry, Conley, Collison, Knight, Beal, Batum, Parsons, Millsap, Zingis, Gobert, RoLo

@Joe: Hah, ummmmm, nah I think I’ll hold off on both deals. Really big on Parsons this yr still

• Joe says:

Good times. I just REALLY need an SF and Knight’s the only guy I can envision trading at the moment.

@Joe: Yeah I’m not seeing a great offer, maybe I’d try Knight for like Hayward?

14. bahraspower says:

Just wanna comment my own picks for the above table,to come back and see them at the end of the year and laugh!
    Sleeper:Markieff Morris
    Bust:Westbrook
    Value:Gobert
    Deep League Target:Terrence Jones
    Fantasy MVP:Leonard
    East Champ:Cavaliers
    West Champ:Warriors
    NBA Champ:Warriors
    NBA MVP:Leonard

@bahraspower: Hah yeah I hear you! Reviewing these is always funny for the final podcast. Wowwwwww Westbrook a bust huh?! And hell yeah, let’s do this Kawhi!

15. Johnny Red says:

Hey JB, thanks for all the stuff. Love it.
    There is a chance you can take a look at my roster?
    it’s 8 teams 9-cat league.
    thanks allot.

CP3
    Dragic
    Shroder
    D. Russel
    holiday (IR)
    Booker
    Hood
    Batum
    AD
    LMA
    Drummond
    Kanter
    Capela

Didnt plan on a FT% punt but Drummond droped so late i had to get him. Now i’m stuck in between, dont i? I’m thinking about shipping LMA to get another decent FT% punt big guy. But maybe i should try to trade Drummond and Capela?
    Thanks again

@Johnny Red: Appreciate that man, thanks for dropping by! Yeah it’s crazy how far down the FT punt guys have been falling. Def a little loaded up front, I indeed think Aldridge is the right guy to shop. Don’t even really need a big either, could be anyone. I think I would look for a low-TO 3pt shooter, Klay would fit pretty welll

• Johnny Red says:

Thank you. Cant get klay, what do you think about Crowder?

@Johnny Red: Mehhh, I would like to get a little more scoring, but at second look, you could use some STL too. I’d actually be good with that one, and maybe you can try to get a sweetener back too

16. Adam says:

Thoughts on team? 10 team, yahoo, h2h, 3 keeper, 9cat, 150 man deep (12 start 3 bench)
    Keepers are sick- hard to screw up too bad. Interested in your thoughts.

Guards:

Winslow
    JaMychal Green

Centers:
    BLopez
    Howard
    Capela

@Adam: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?! You have the top 3 players as keepers?! Unfair haha. Only thing I don’t love is you ended up with 2 FT punt C, with your FT so elite, I don’t love ruining it. I might shop both Howard and Capela for upgrades there. But rest looks pretty phenomenal!

17. Dusty says:

Count me in for some homer picking.
    Sleeper: RHJ
    Bust: Porzingis
    Value: Will Barton
    Deep League Target: Pascal Siakam
    Fantasy MVP: KA Towns
    East Champ: Raptors
    West Champ: Rockets
    NBA Champ: Raptors
    NBA MVP: Harden

@Dusty: Porzingis a bust?! Get outta here! Haha jk. Raptors fan huh?!

• Dusty says:

@JB Gilpin: 2nd round I want a player that can carry multiple categories, I don’t see that for Porzingis. I like the Raps but more than that I don’t like Cleveland.

• Slim

@Dusty: Which cats does Goose not cover? FG% is on the rise big time, FT% is high, points are high. 3s are high, boards are above avg, assists are ok for a big, steals are good for a big, blocks are elite, TOs aren’t out of hand. All the cats he hits is one my favorite things about him. We shall see.

• Dusty says:

@Slim: I don’t see a guy that shot 42% from the field and 33% from deep adding .5 threes to his total AND bumping his FG% up 2.4%. Only the blocks are elite, among top 40 players 17 points and 8 boards doesn’t stand out to me.
            Knicks are probably going to be blowing out teams too en route to 116 wins, so there will be 4th quarter resting.
            I’m seeing better value and a comparable line from Ibaka a round or 2 later if I want blocks and to salvage FT%

@Slim: @Dusty: Yeah I think Slim is getting a little too Goose-colored glasses for FG%. Hahahahaha that is an incredible reference to their wins good sir 🙂

18. Don Majikowski says:

Thoughts on my draft last nigh, any weak spots you would try to improve?
    10 team 10 cat (Double Doubles & TO’s are 9th & 10th cats)
    Thanks!!

(92) G Hill
    (109) Nurkic
    (112) DeMarre Carroll
    (129) Marv Williams
    (132) Capela
    (149) Markieff

@Don Majikowski: Nice 3s, good scoring… Mannnn Nurk at 109?! Geez. I know it was a value pick, but def would shop Capela before his FT hurt you too bad. CP3 falling to 12 is crazy too. Maybe your AST are a tad low even with Paul? But looking pretty good!

19. OldMilwaukeePounders says:

JB,

Dope content as always, bro. Who do you like better as a stream for opening day?

Lyles @ Portland
    Harkless vs UTH
    Kyle Anderson @ GS
    C. Lee @ CLE

I’m leaning towards Lyles or Anderson since he looks to be on track to get some extra minutes with Green out.

Thanks dude!

@OldMilwaukeePounders: Thanks man, really appreciate it! It’s between Lee and Anderson for me. I’ll go Anderson, I kinda have a feeling Favors is gonna play tomorrow, albeit in limited minutes. Any time!

• Woo says:

What do you think about Harkless? 1-1-1 (stl-blk-3pt), with 6.5 rbs, and 8 points?

@Woo: Mehhhhh, I’ll go under on almost all of that. Maybe he sneaks in enough pts to make that, but I’m not a big Harkless guy and think Turner plays more

20. Jane Doe says:

Hi JB,

Thoughts on my team? H2H 14m/9cat. Took some risks on certain reaches but I think it was necessary in a deep league to get guys I was confident in regardless of their rank on the ESPN draft room. I am concerned at my lack of Center but i did try to build a punt where i am really good in
    FT% / 3PM / AST / STL / PTS

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks.

4 Kevin Durant, GS SF
    25 Victor Oladipo, OKC SG
    32 D’Angelo Russell, LAL PG
    53 Dennis Schroder, Atl PG
    60 Jeff Teague, Ind PG
    81 Darren Collison*, Sac PG
    88 Aaron Gordon, Orl PF
    109 Jrue Holiday*, Nor PG
    116 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Det SG
    137 Nikola Mirotic, Chi PF
    144 Jamal Murray, Den SG
    165 Roy Hibbert, Cha C

@Jane Doe: Whoa, yeah C only with your last pick, interesting… Def bad in BLK REB. No one can tough your PG depth though. I think I might try to piece together blocks to at least be competitive there, but still be good at FT. Like Robin Lopez for KCP or something.

21. Jake says:

Would you trade batum and aminu for tobias and j. lin? H2H 9 Cat

@Jake: Yup, 100% Batum a tiny bit better than Tobias for me, Lin is ridiculously more valuable than Aminu though.

22. Jake Smith says:

Hey JB,

Would you do this trade? standard 9 cat, H2H league. I have an excess in assists and steals.

My Ricky Rubio & Brook Lopez for his Jimmy Butler & Marc Gasol.

thanks!

@Jake Smith: Whewwwwwww. I like the idea, but I’m gonna lean holding off. You’re bringing in sooooooo much risk with Butler and Gasol for injuries and DNPs…

• Slim

@Jake Smith: I think I take that. Marc Gasol looks fine in the preseason and should be full go late in the year. And of course Butler much greater than Rubio considering your needs. Take it.

23. gary says:

Not sure what you guys mean by “Fantasy MVP”…is it like your dark horse to finish #1?

@gary: Beauty of doing picks, all open to interpretation. I mean, I have Curry ranked #1, so obviously I think he’s the “best in fantasy”. But relative to value, I think Giannis could end up being a top 3 guy in a perfect world, upside is there

24. Kevin says:

Hey JB,

Just finished a draft on Yahoo standard 9-cat with an IL with 12 team.

Steph curry, Conley, Goran Dragic, Jeremy Lin, lou Wiliiams, Kris Dunn, Ish Smith, Tyreke Evans.

Porzingis, Aldridge, Marvin Williams, Nikola Mirotic, Jusuf Nurkic, Joel Embiid.

1) Do you think Josh Richardson is a better stash than Tyreke Evans on the IL?

2) I feel I’m good on guard stats. Is it worth it to drop Ish Smith/Kris Dunn to pick up either Bogut, Marqese Chriss, Sabonis, Jeff Green, Solomon Hill or Cody Zeller?

Thanks in advance!

• Slim

@Kevin: Nice draft. PGs and Bigs till the day I die!

1. Yes, Tyreke sounds a long ways off. Richardson is right around the corner.
      2.Hold Ish, Dunn eh, if you want more immediate production I guess it’s either Bogut or Hill. But Dunn could very well (will almost certainly) pass them later in the year.

• Kevin says:

@Slim: Thanks for the reply, Slim. I was thinking i could drop sweet lou instead for bogut/solomon hill? I don’t know how the Lakers minutes will pan out in the back court. Lou over 25 minutes?

• Slim

@Kevin: Over for now. But yeah you don’t really need his good volume FT% and points. I really want to know how many minutes
          Chriss is going to get. Hill vs Lou. Gimme Lou. Do you need Boguts blocks? Not like NEED need I guess. I’m a bit torn. I’d just stick with Lou or if you felt like some risk you could add Chriss and see how many minutes he plays, if it isn’t enough then move on quickly, or stick with Lou, or Bogut… It’s probably Lou.

25. #flytheW says:

I’m in a 12 team h2h daily league. I have zack Randolph and jaMichael green who I drafted last. I’ve never been in a daily league before always weekly leagues. Would it be smart to drop green and use that spot as a daily streamer spot? Or drop him and pick up nerls noel and try to find someone else to stream I guess? Thx for the help !!

• #flytheW says:

@#flytheW: btw it is a 9 cat league we don’t use TO we use FG%instead

@#flytheW: So is there a limit to how many moves a week you can make? If not, you’re def streaming the hell out of that spot starting tonight, especially with no TO. I stream sooooo hard in non-limit leagues. Probably would pass on noel too

26. Bourito says:

Hello JB,

Can you please take a look at my roster? This is 8 keeper, 14-team, 9-cat standard, daily h2h.
    I decided to go full youth and ended up with this team (auction draft):

PG: Ricky Rubio
    Util: Tim Frazier
    BN: Emmanuel Mudiay
    BN: Kyle Anderson
    BN: Justin Anderson
    IR: Jrue Holiday
    IR: Khris Middleton

Thanks for your time and all the help you provide us

@Bourito: Hey man! Def need Mudiay to pan out to have AST be competitive (until Jrue back), I think a little weak there.Hah the Nurk/Joke combo, love it! Could use one more pure big as well I think, I might shop a wing who starts mad hot for one more big/blocker. Glad to help, any time!

27. Ryan says:

I read that Whiteside shot something like 54% this preseason. Do you think the 73% projection will hold up? Meanwhile.. Gobert shot 78% this preseason and claims to be hitting 90% in practice!? Wtf is going on here?

I managed to nab Gobert at 39 and feel pretty great about it.

28. Fenris-77 says:

I tend to treat practice free throw stories the same way as “best shape of my life” training camp stories. I’ll believe it when I see it. Maybe a little cautious upside if there’s a ton of corroboration, but mostly I tend not predict huge upticks in FT%. I’ll take it if it happens though.

29. Mak says:

Someone dropped jrue in my 10 team. 9cat h2h. I have an IL spot. But not sure who to drop to pick him up. Droppable candidates are: Winslow, ish.
    Waiver also has: ty Lawson, Seth curry, Tony Parker, Marcus Morris.
    What do you suggest?

30. Rob says:

Hey JB, can I get your thoughts on my team? 10 teams, H2H 9 cats with IR slot. I had the 9th pick! Thanks
    -Anthony Davis
    -Hassan Whiteside
    -Goran Dragic
    -D’Angelo Russell (I had to reach cuz everyone wanted him in my league)
    -Chandler Parsons
    -Mike Conley
    -Jusuf Nurkic
    -Avery Bradley
    -Robert Covington
    -George Hill
    -Jabari Parker
    -EMBIIIIIID
    -Ben Simmons

I will have Ben Simmons on IR and picking up Tim Frazier

31. COURT-VISION says:

Long time reader first time commenter! Curious for impressions of my sleeper-heavy team in 12-team 9-cat. Anyone cuttable for streamin?. Nick Young seems like the first cut (only interesting player on my wire at the moment is Seth Curry) but im kind of curious to see how the pre-season hype pans out on him…

PG: GREEK FREAK
    U: ERIC GORDON
    B: ISH SMITH
    B: TERRENCE JONES
    B: NICK YOUNG
    B: JAMYCHAL GREEN
    IL: GORDON HAYWARD

Missed out on some of my top picks (DEVIN BOOKER, AARON GODON, DENNIS SCHRODER) but felt like what i ended up with was pretty well rounded…thoughts appreciated! Would you trade Harris for Booker if i could swing the trade (they went 55 and 57 in my draft!)?

@COURT-VISION: Welcome to the comments, thanks for dropping by! Yup, very young team, but lots of upside! Def can lose Nick Young in a heartbeat, but you can ride it out past the opener to see what happens. Nah I would hold Harris, he does a lot more, Booker at 57 is a little overdrafted. I really like this team! I think you’ll likely be streaming for a few extra boards

• COURT-VISION says:

Thanks JB! Nice to be acquainted. With the help of this site and the #1 pick, winning my league last year was Steffortless, so thanks much! I look forward to being an active commentator this year.

@COURT-VISION: Hah awesome, nice work! Look forward to seeing you around, appreciate it!

32. Ben says:

Hey JB, can I get your thoughts on my team? 12 teams, H2H 9 cats with IR slot, we can lineup only 6 players per dat. I had the 2nd pick! Thanks
    -Kevin Durant
    -Draymond Green
    -Pau Gasol
    -Jeff Teague
    -Mike Conley
    -Enes Kanter
    -Brandon Knight
    -Jusuf Nurkic
    -Deron Williams
    -Robert Covington
    -Kyle Korver (used my last two picks for schedule rotation)
    -Trey Lyles used my last two picks for schedule rotation)

@Ben: Sure thing! FG% definitely looks like a rough spot, but you’ll be winning 3s a lot. Might help with one more blocker too, so a FG/BLK source I think would be the first thing you look for as a hold off the wire/in a trade. Like the team though!

• Ben says:

@JB Gilpin: hey man, thanks for the replay.
        my plan is to take off trey lyles after the game today and get – Marquese Chriss/Terrence Jones/Tyson Chandler/Jaylen Brown. what do you think?
        of course i have planned to switch korver also after this week.
        do you think i am missing any points?

@Ben: Slim scoffs when I mention his name, but I think I would go Chandler, but keep an eye on how many minutes Chriss gets. Nah I think your scoring is pretty good!