Sorry for not posting last week everyone! I’ve been a bit under the weather lately. Before we kick off the updated list, we have some basketball to talk about!
As many of you may have heard, Yogi Ferrell had an absolutely epic scoring performance against the Blazers, and now his ownership is up to 50% already. If you got him, I’d hold til he cools off, but if you didn’t, I wouldn’t worry too much. He puts way too much leg into his jumper to maintain accuracy, and that’s partially because he’s undersized. On top of that, he has a bit of a hitch as well. I think he’ll end up being a solid bench spark in the league, but it wouldn’t be surprise me if this was the only time in his career that he’s 10 team relevant. He probably will flirt with 12er relevance with injuries, but that’s not a must add.
At any rate, lets dive in!
*New additions are noted with Asterisks*
Swishers – These are the guys that should be picked up if you need 3s. They’re all definite buys in the short term, but they could have upside for minutes down the road as well.
- Tim Hardaway Jr. – Grab him everywhere now that Kyle Korver is gone.
- Buddy Hield
- Marco Belinelli
- Allen Crabbe
- Terrence Ross – A bit of a roller-coaster, but definite upside.
- C.J. Miles
- Patty Mills
- *Channing Frye* – He could cool down, but right now he’s red hot, even with limited minutes.
- *Joe Johnson* – Hood is out, we know the story here.
Dishers – These are the guys who are gonna help out your assists. In my opinion, this is one of the harder categories to get off the wire.
- T.J. McConnell – Ironically, the better assist PG on the Sixers. He is what he is, but the assists are nice.
- Matthew Dellavedova – Nothing fancy, but chips in a couple 3s, a steal, and 5-7 assists. No upside, but very little downside. He’s been in a slump lately, but the assists and 3s are still there.
- Tony Parker
- Brandon Jennings – He’s turned into a dime specialist, and it’s probably the best thing for his career. Grab him for consistent assists, and the occasional shooting outburst.
- Ty Lawson – He’s the PG to own in SacTown for now. Still flying under the radar – He’s a solid add.
- *Ish Smith* – He’s sneaking back onto the radar with some solid assist games over the last few.
- *Tyus Jones* – With LaVine out for the year, Tyus could very well be the beneficiary – I’d give him a look if you have the space.
Boards and Blocks
- Willie Reed – He’s must own when Hassan Whiteside is out – Not ownable as a backup, but with his upside, you have to keep an eye on him.
- Lucas Nogueira – He’s slowed down again, but he’s still going to get some blocks. Barely holdable in 12ers.
- Jon Leuer – Solid scoring and board guy, with the occasional block. Good for metrics, but not much volume.
- John Henson – His minutes are up. Grab him.
- Jerami Grant – He’s very up and down, but 5 blocks the other day.
- JaMychal Green – Low end, but he is a decent rebounder.
- *Willy Hernangomez* – He’s made the list before, but he looks truly ready for a breakout now.
Thieves – Self explanatory
- Tony Allen – He’s back! Lower end production, but he should be a consistent source of boards and steals while healthy. Borderline must own at the moment.
- Thabo Sefolosha – Still out, not worth grabbing til he’s healthy.
- Andre Roberson
- P.J. Tucker – He’s getting minutes, and he’s getting steals, with the occasional outburst.
- *Joe Ingles* – A viable 3s in steals option while he’s getting minutes.
- *Larry Nance Jr.* – 3 steals a piece in the last 3 games. He can definitely rack up the defensive stats.
Ask all your waiver questions below! Make sure to include the format and size of your league.
That’s it for this update – Stay Razzy!