No headline player this week, but we do have a fancy graphic that I threw together in a couple minutes… I would not be averse to someone making me a cool graphic to headline this series *hint hint.* Anyway, lets dive in! The big change this week revolves around the hawks. Their wings certainly gain some value with Kyle Korver packing his bags and moving out. I’d say Tim Hardaway Jr. is borderline must-own, at least, until we see how Mike Dunleavy factors in.
That being said, lets dive in!
*New additions are noted with Asterisks*
Swishers – These are the guys that should be picked up if you need 3s. They’re all definite buys in the short term, but they could have upside for minutes down the road as well.
- *Tim Hardaway Jr.* – He’s nailing tres at at a 3.7 per game clip over the past week. Grab him everywhere now that Kyle Korver is gone.
- Buddy Hield – His ownership is ownership is finally up to 46% and he’ll be leaving this list shortly.
- *Austin Rivers* – He gets a lot of buckets when he plays over 20 mins a game. He only has a couple games this week though.
- Marco Belinelli – A slow start off the injury, but he’ll find his groove.
- Allen Crabbe
- Terrence Ross – A bit of a roller-coaster, but definite upside.
- Troy Daniels – Sometimes he makes a lot, and sometimes it’s just a couple on bad percentages. Bleh.
- Matt Barnes – Omri Casspi seems to have fallen out of favor, and it looks like Barnes is the beneficiary. Still a meh option though.
Dishers – These are the guys who are gonna help out your assists. In my opinion, this is one of the harder categories to get off the wire.
- T.J. McConnell – Ironically, the better assist PG on the Sixers. He is what he is, but the assists are nice.
- Matthew Dellavedova – Nothing fancy, but chips in a couple 3s, a steal, and 5-7 assists. No upside, but very little downside. He’s been in a slump lately, but the assists and 3s are still there.
- Patty Mills – Almost put him under Thragnof, but he’s having a career contract year. He gets you 2 treys, 48% from the field, and 93% at the line. Plus, his TOs hover around 1. Low end production, but all of the percentages are great! He’s a must own this year in all standard leagues.
- Tony Parker – Add him for assists and not much else.
- Brandon Jennings – He’s turned into a dime specialist, and it’s probably the best thing for his career. Grab him for consistent assists, and the occasional shooting outburst. *Grab him now while Rose is having issues.”
Boards and Blocks
- *Tyson Chandler* – He’s 58% owned, but he led the league in boards this past week, so he’s definitely worth grabbing if he’s on your wire.
- *Michael Kidd-Gilchrist* – 11 board average over the past 7 days.
- *Willie Reed* – I missed the boat on this one, but he’s must own when Hassan Whiteside is out.
- Lucas Nogueira – He’s slowed down again, but he’s still going to get some blocks. Barely holdable in 12ers.
- Jon Leuer – Solid scoring and board guy, with the occasional block. Good for metrics, but not much volume.
- John Henson – Slowed down a lot, but still good for blocks.
- Jerami Grant – He’s gettin’ blocks! Not much value here, but the defensive stats are there.
Thieves – Self explanatory
- Tony Allen – He’s back! Lower end production, but he should be a consistent source of boards and steals while healthy. Borderline must own at the moment.
- Thabo Sefolosha – Top 100 on the season, he has put up a sneaky good line. Good percentages, over 2 steals per game, some boards, some assists, a trey, and low TO rate. He’s a must own in my opinion. Thabo is the perfect kind of guy to have as a back end producer, who will help you in multiple categories.
- Andre Roberson
- P.J. Tucker – He’s getting minutes, and he’s getting steals, with the occasional outburst. At only 10% ownership, he’s a viable streaming option.
Ask all your waiver questions below! Make sure to include the format and size of your league.
Have an awesome day and stay razzy!