Austin Rivers is finally busting out, and showing the ability that we all knew he had. It appears that biggest factors in this breakout are minutes and confidence. Rivers is playing with swagger now, and the numbers bear that out. Over the last two weeks he’s averaging a slash line of 17.2/2.3/4.3/0.5/0.3 with 2.2 treys, 48% FG and 80% from the stripe. He’s a must-own while CP3 is out, and frankly, he should be a solid part of the Clippers future from here on out. Unfortunately he’s now just over 50% owned in most leagues, so this is the last call on Rivers. Please go get him…
Secondly, I would just like to point out what a miserable team the Sacramento Kings are. Rudy Gay is out now, yet nobody gained any value. How is that even possible??? Gay’s injury opened up 34 minutes per game of playing time, and the result is negligible! Come on man!
Anywaysssssss, here are the updated wire recommendations for the week:
*New additions are noted with Asterisks*
Swishers – These are the guys that should be picked up if you need 3s. They’re all definite buys in the short term, but they could have upside for minutes down the road as well.
- Tim Hardaway Jr. – Grab him everywhere now that Kyle Korver is gone.
- Buddy Hield
- Austin Rivers – He gets a lot of buckets when he plays over 20 mins a game. He’s leaving the list next week if his ownership doesn’t decrease.
- Marco Belinelli
- Allen Crabbe
- Terrence Ross – A bit of a roller-coaster, but definite upside.
- C.J. Miles
- *Iman Shumpert* – I debated which category to put him in, but he has been nailing treys lately. Definitely worth owning while this hot.
- Patty Mills
Dishers – These are the guys who are gonna help out your assists. In my opinion, this is one of the harder categories to get off the wire.
- T.J. McConnell – Ironically, the better assist PG on the Sixers. He is what he is, but the assists are nice.
- Matthew Dellavedova – Nothing fancy, but chips in a couple 3s, a steal, and 5-7 assists. No upside, but very little downside. He’s been in a slump lately, but the assists and 3s are still there.
- Tony Parker – Injured at the moment – should be fine in a couple games though.
- Brandon Jennings – He’s turned into a dime specialist, and it’s probably the best thing for his career. Grab him for consistent assists, and the occasional shooting outburst. *Grab him now while Rose is having issues.”
- Dion Waiters – Almost made the headliner this week with back to back 33 point games. He is the man on the Heat. There’s going to be percentage issues and inconsistency, but he’s a must add everywhere.
- Malcolm Delaney – He doesn’t have the job yet, but keep an eye on this kid. He’s not a pickup at the moment, just on the deep league radar.
- *Ty Lawson* – He’s the PG to own in SacTown for now. Who knows how long that is true for though. Pick up at your own peril.
Boards and Blocks
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist – 11 board average over the past 7 days.
- Willie Reed – He’s must own when Hassan Whiteside is out, and he gets some boards as the backup.
- Lucas Nogueira – He’s slowed down again, but he’s still going to get some blocks. Barely holdable in 12ers.
- Jon Leuer – Solid scoring and board guy, with the occasional block. Good for metrics, but not much volume.
- John Henson – Slowed down a lot, but still good for blocks.
- Jerami Grant – He’s gettin’ blocks! Not much value here, but the defensive stats are there.
- Kelly Olynyk – Debated him as a swisher, but he puts up decent points, boards, and 3s, so keep him in mind!
- *JaMychal Green* – Low end, but he is a decent rebounder.
- *David Lee* – Points and boards, that’s it.
Thieves – Self explanatory
- Tony Allen – He’s back! Lower end production, but he should be a consistent source of boards and steals while healthy. Borderline must own at the moment.
- Thabo Sefolosha – Barely ownable, but the across the board production is still good.
- Andre Roberson
- P.J. Tucker – He’s getting minutes, and he’s getting steals, with the occasional outburst. At only 10% ownership, he’s a viable streaming option.
- *Joe Ingles* – A viable 3s in steals option until Hood returns.
Ask all your waiver questions below! Make sure to include the format and size of your league.
That’s it for this update – Stay Razzy!