*Pickup of the Week!*
Fantasy owners, do you have a need for solid multi-cat production off the wire? Would you like to win your league this year? Would you like a player with the most obvious movie pun ever? Then do I have a player for you! Garrett Temple! Owned in only 13% of leagues – He’s been on fire lately with splits of 14/4.3/5/1.3/0.7 with 3 treys per game. This is good for 56th overall this past week. Run to the wire now and then read the rest of this column! The Kings gave the veteran a very solid contract, so it only makes sense that he’d have a good role – especially with Rudy Gay and Omri Casspi struggling to stay on the court.
Asterisks denote new additions!
Swishers – These are the guys that should be picked up if you need 3s. They’re all definite buys in the short term, but they could have upside for minutes down the road as well. I’m gonna make this easy and list them from most upside to least.
- * Buddy Hield * – His ownership is down to 33%, which seems to be an over reaction. He can still drain em from Deep.
- Marco Belinelli
- Patrick Patterson – His rebounding is decent, but he’s staying in the shooters section.
- Allen Crabbe
- Terrence Ross – A bit of a roller-coaster, but definite upside.
Dishers – These are the guys who are gonna help out your assists. In my opinion, this is one of the harder categories to get off the wire.
- * T.J. McConnell * – Ironically, the better assist PG on the Sixers. He is what he is, but the assists are nice.
- Matthew Dellavedova – Nothing fancy, but chips in a couple 3s, a steal, and 5-7 assists. No upside, but very little downside. He’s been in a slump lately, but the assists and 3s are still there.
- Patty Mills – Almost put him under Thragnof, but he’s having a career contract year. He gets you 2 treys, 49% from the field, and 94% at the line. Plus, his TOs hover around 1. Low end production, but all of the percentages are great! He’s a must own this year in all standard leagues.
- Tony Parker – It’s ironic seeing him lower than Mills. Add him for assists and not much else.
- Brandon Jennings – He’s hottttt! Grab him now, but drop him as soon as he cools off for two games.
*Deep League Special*
- Malcolm Brogdon – Over 3 assists per game this week, and he’s creeping his way up into 14 team relevance. He has solid all around upside. Keep an eye on him! I wouldn’t recommend an add quite yet, but he looks like a promising player for future years.
Boards and Blocks
- Lucas Nogueira – He’s slowed down again, but he’s still going to get some blocks. Barely holdable in 12ers.
- Jon Leuer – Red hot again in the scoring department – Looks like a good pickup again.
- John Henson – Lots of blocks, and he’s a must own, in my humble opinion. Lots of upside here, and yeah, we’ve been saying that for years.
- Dorian Finney-Smith – He’s producing in blocks, boards, threes, and steals, so I wasn’t sure what category to put him in. Definitely worth a look, especially since he’s been getting over 30 minutes per.
- * Willy Hernangomez * – A deep league add at the moment, but if he keeps up this pace, he’ll be 12er relevant. Dub dubs in his last two games.
- * Kosta Koufos * – He’s gonna get some blocks and boards while Rudy Gay is sidelined. Solid stream option against bigger matchups.
Thieves – Self explanatory
- Tony Allen – He’s back! Lower end production, but he should be a consistent source of boards and steals while healthy. Borderline must own at the moment.
- Thabo Sefolosha – Top 100 on the season, he has put up a sneaky good line. Good percentages, over 2 steals per game, some boards, some assists, a trey, and low TO rate. He’s a must own in my opinion. Thabo is the perfect kind of guy to have as a back end producer, who will help you in multiple categories.
- Andre Roberson – 1.5 steals this past week, so I’m sticking him here, but I definitely recommend his low volume line. Oh, he also puts 1 in from deep per game. Not a must own, but a must consider I suppose.
- * P.J. Tucker * – He’s getting minutes, and he’s getting steals, with the occasional outburst. At only 8% ownership, he’s a very viable streaming option.
That’s it for today! See you all in my recap on Friday morning!