(Yep, I just find that pic funny, and yup, I was amused that Tony Parker made it into any of my content. Don’t hate.)
Howdy RazzNation! I’m going to use the format from last week to keep a running list of current pickups for each category, new additions will have an asterisk (*) beside them, so you can keep up to date on the latest hot adds. I will also remove players who stop being productive, or move over that 50% ownership mark. Ownership percentages will be updated as well! Let me know what you think of this idea! Basically, I ran into the problem of the same guys being good pickups every week. I figure it’d be better for everyone to keep a running list, so that the pickups are all in one place, instead of having to look at previous editions of RazzWired. I’d love comments, criticisms, or advice on what to add! That being said, here we go!
Swishers – These are the guys that should be picked up if you need 3s. They’re all definite buys in the short term, but they could have upside for minutes down the road as well. I’m gonna make this easy and list them from most upside to least.
- Patrick Patterson – His rebounding is decent, but he’s staying in the shooters section.
- Allen Crabbe
- Marco Belinelli
- Wayne Ellington – Lower end Thragnof with Josh Richardson back, but still some value there.
- Terrence Ross – A bit of a roller-coaster, but definite upside.
- * Joe Ingles * – Keep an eye on him if Hood or Hayward go down again. He has clearly passed Joe Johnson on the depth chart, so he may get decent minutes regardless.
The only player on that list owned in over 40% of leagues is Troy Daniels, the rest are closer to that 20% range. I may just add this list in every column, so I don’t have to repeat guys that are just streamers to win a category or two.
Dishers – These are the guys who are gonna help out your assists. In my opinion, this is one of the harder categories to get off the wire.
- Sergio Rodriguez – 36% – Over 7 assists per, in his last 5 games. This hasn’t changed, since he was out for a bit. Definitely a must own if you need some PG help as long as Bayless is out.
- Matthew Dellavedova – 35% – Nothing fancy, but chips in a couple 3s, a steal, and 5-7 assists. No upside, but very little downside. He’s been in a slump lately, but the assists and 3s are still there.
- Andrew Harrison – 14% – Worth a stream if you need some assists, but he will drop off this list shortly – especially with Mike Conley coming back soon.
- Patty Mills – 46% – 16 points, 4 treys, 4 assists, and 3 steals against the Nets. Oh, and it was in 16 minutes… Dude is a beast. Almost put him under Thragnof, but he’s having a career contract year. He gets you 2 treys, 49% from the field, and 94% at the line. Plus, his TOs hover around 1. Low end production, but all of the percentages are great! He’s a must own this year in all standard leagues.
- * Tony Parker * – 22% – It’s ironic seeing him lower than Mills. Add him for assists and not much else.
- * Brandon Jennings * – 21% – He’s hottttt! Grab him now, but drop him as soon as he cools off for two games.
*Deep League Special*
- Malcolm Brogdon – SG – 4% – About 4 assists per game this week, and he’s creeping his way up into 14 team relevance. He has solid all around upside. Keep an eye on him! Better grab him quick, cause his ownership doubled this week! Still a work in progress.
Boards and Blocks
- Lucas Nogueira – 12% – He’s back on the radar. Some blocks, some boards, and a whole lotta potential.
- Jon Leuer – 37% – He’s slowed down a bit, but definitely still worth a look.
- John Henson – 46% – Lots of blocks, and he’s a must own, in my humble opinion. Lots of upside here, and yeah, we’ve been saying that for years.
- * Dorian Finney-Smith * – 13% – He’s producing in blocks, boards, threes, and steals, so I wasn’t sure what category to put him in. Definitely worth a look, especially since he’s been getting over 30 minutes per.
Thieves – Self explanatory
- Tony Allen – 27% – He’s back! Lower end production, but he should be a consistent source of boards and steals while healthy.
- Thabo Sefolosha – Top 100 on the season, he has put up a sneaky good line. Good percentages, over 2 steals per game, some boards, some assists, a trey, and low TO rate. He’s a must own in my opinion. Thabo is the perfect kind of guy to have as a back end producer, who will help you in multiple categories.
- * Andre Roberson * – 16% – 1.5 steals, and 1.5 blocks this past week, so I’m sticking him here, but I definitely recommend his low volume line. Oh, he also puts 1 in from deep per game. Not a must own, but a must consider I suppose.