So this isn’t a basketball intro, but it was probably the biggest news of the night! In a game where the Thunder were playing the terrible Mavs squad, Kanter managed to work himself up enough to punch the bench chair… Unfortunately, he’s now out for 6 weeks. Kanter had been putting up 4th round value recently, so this is a big blow to fantasy owners and the Thunder.
Anywayssssss – Here’s what happened last night!
Mavericks at Thunder (8:00 pm EST on TNT) – Final Score: 98 – 109 Thunder Win
- Harrison Barnes – 31/2/2/1/0 – An empty line with only 2 threes. I really am not a fan… He’s a good scorer though.
- Justin Anderson – A solid 17/5/1/0/0 – Isn’t it sad that these are the best two lines from the Mavs side??
- Russell Westbrook – 45/8/3/2/0 – He had his shot going tonight, and just didn’t dish it much. He even shot 4-8 from deep! Don’t count on that repeating soon…
- Enes Kanter – Fractured his forearm from punching a chair… This doesn’t need a punchline…
Pacers at Timberwolves (8:00 pm EST) – Final Score: 109 – 103 Pacers Win
- Paul George – Had a very Paul Georgian game against the Wolves. 32/4/5/1/0 with 3 treys. The scoring is nice, but the peripherals are just ok. It is what it is!
- Jeff Teague – 20/8/13/1/1 – I would be raving about this line, but the 6 TOs are a bit tough to swallow…
- Thaddeus Young – 9/5/1/3/0 The steals are nice, but man he’s tough to own. It’s just a permanent roller-coaster with Thad.
- Zach Lavine – Unfortunately, he’s not in the dunk contest this year… He did show up tonight though with a solid 23 point line with a steal and a block thrown in. The 5 assists were also nice coming from the shooting guard.
- Karl-Anthony Towns – KAT is a basketball god. It’s that simple. 33/10/4/2/0 and this was a somewhat tame line. Oh yeah, he also drilled 4-6 from downtown. Come on man!
- Ricky Rubio – A low key great line tonight. 4/2/12/4/0 The 4 steals and 12 assists are fantasy gold! Gold I say!
Suns at Nuggets (9:00 pm EST) – Final Score: 120 – 127 Nuggets Win
- Devin Booker – Did his usual scoring with some assists, and a lot of turnovers. 24/0/6/1/0 with 5 TOs. He makes the blurbs a lot, just so I can say how much I dislike these lines.
- T.J. Warren – 21/8/0/0/1 – I really dislike these Suns lines….
- Brandon Knight – Had a good day off the bench with 17 points, but he only got 11 shots. I don’t see how he’s rosterable in standard leagues at this point.
- Nikola Jokic – Paced the Nugs with 29/14/8/1/2. Sooooooo he’s pretty good… Plus, he shot 12-21 from the field. That’s tough to beat.
- Gary Harris – Put up a dud with 8/1/1/1/2. At least it was a multi-cat dud with 2 triples though. Once he rounds into form, he will be a fantasy monster.
Lakers at Jazz (10:30 pm EST on TNT) – Halftime Score: 41 – 44 Jazz Lead
Nothing really stood out in this game at halftime, outside of the fact that it’s pretty low scoring. I would’ve assumed a little more fireworks, given the Lakers’ bad defense, but that doesn’t seem to be in the cards.