Do you wanna play a game? Of course, you do! Unlike a certain puppet game show host, I won’t penalize you with torture and pain if you don’t get the answer right. Interested? Read on.
As you may know, I have 32 teams and counting this year, so I make a lot of deals in my leagues. Here is your mission, should you choose to accept it. I want you to look at the deals below and guess which players I received, and tell me which side won the deal.
I’d love to hear your unbiased opinion, and some logic and reasoning too if you feel so inclined. I give a lot of feedback on people’s trades, so I think it’d be fun to turn the table a bit. I have a lot of fun poking holes in people’s teams, so here is your chance to get me back!
Feel free to throw in your own deals for comments too if you want. Just for context, all my leagues are 12-team 9 cat H2H on Yahoo. Here we go!
1. Bradley Beal for DeAndre Ayton and Kelly Oubre Jr: We’ll start it off with a blockbuster! This was in one of my late $500 pro leagues that drafted yesterday. Deandre and Oubre are struggling big time while Beal is ballin’. If Ayton and Oubre both do what they’re supposed to do, then no question that is the winning side. But that’s a big if. What do you think?
2. Zach Lavine and Keldon Johnson for Collin Sexton and Kelly Oubre Jr: This one was done with our very own SugarShane in one of the leagues that we are in together. I actually forgot I made this offer and was a bit sad when he accepted it. Which side wins? Hoping you say my side so I feel better!
3. Kelly Oubre and Tyrese Haliburton for Darius Garland and Keldon Johnson: Yet another deal made with SugarShane in another league, and I couldn’t accept this one fast enough when it was sent! What do you think? This one is a no-brainer with a clear winner right? RIGHT???
4. Shai, Fournier, FVV, and Roco for Trae, Hayward, Slomo, and Levert: This one was such a huge blockbuster that I had to use name abbreviations to make it fit! I think I like this deal? It’s too much to comprehend. There’s more talent here than a Harlem Globetrotters game. Pick a side!
5. John Collins and Buddy Hield for Bradley Beal and DeMarcus Cousins: Will Collins be a bust? Can Beal keep it up? Are the Wizards going to win 20 games? Did Luke Walton just realize that they gave Hield a max contract? So many questions in this deal, but the most important one is: who won?
6. Khris Middleton for Christian Wood: This one is hot off the press and actually just got done as I was writing this! Both players are red hot and returning first-round value. The question is who can keep it up. Which one of these studs would you prefer?
Well, there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. These were some of the deals that I made this past week and I’d love to hear what you think. Remember, I want you to guess which players I received and tell me which side won. I’ve even numbered them for your reading convenience. The person who makes the most correct guesses will receive endless amounts of respect and admiration, and a nice warm glass of milk (Happy Gilmore reference, look it up!).
As always, feel free to comment with your own trades too. Let’s see those guesses!