Hi y’all, after another week of COVID-stricken life in the NBA (one of the players on the below list has been affected by it), here’s a few players you should consider adding to your fantasy team. Which one you choose depends on the cats you need a boost in, so you should analyze your time before making a pickup. I don’t have much else to say so let’s get into the list!
Shake Milton – 25% Owned in Yahoo! Leagues
Shake Milton has missed the last three games due to the NBA’s health and safety protocols, but when he gets back he should be at the top of the priority list for the waiver wire. So far this season Milton is averaging 14.1 PPG, 3.3 AST, and 1 STL on 45/28/82 shooting splits. He is currently providing great value in points, assists, steals, and FT%, and I believe Milton still has some untapped upside left even in a season where he is putting up career numbers. Milton is a career 38% shooter from behind the arc, and assuming his 28% mark from this season experiences some positive regression his 3PM made should increase to around 1.5-1.7 per game if he continues taking 4.4 attempts per game. Add him if you need a boost in scoring, shooting, and steals.
Royce O’Neale – 24% Owned in Yahoo! Leagues
Royce O’Neale has thrived so far this season in a 3-and-D role at the 4, with career highs in MIN, PTS, 3PM, REB, and FG%. Over the last week, he has put up top 75 value with averages of 7.7 PTS, 2.3 3PM, 6.7 REB, 4.7 AST, and 1.7 STL. He’s a very solid well-rounded player, as he doesn’t completely tank any categories including FT% and FG%. Additionally, based on what he has shown over the past two seasons and his contract he should have a stable role in the Jazz’s rotation. This means that he’ll be someone you can pick up and not worry about having to drop later on in the season. I wouldn’t pick him up if you need scoring (get Shake for that), but he provides great value in STL, REB, and 3PM in particular.
Hamidou Diallo – 43% Owned in Yahoo! Leagues
Over the last week, Hamidou Diallo has been a major beneficiary of the Thunder’s emphasis on young talent and development, with a usage rate of 23.3% this season up from 18.4% last season. Diallo has always had incredible athletic gifts, with a 2019 Dunk Contest crown to his name, but until now that hasn’t translated to in-game production. However, this season Diallo is proving to be a force on the offensive and defensive ends in large part due to that incredible athleticism. Over the last week, he’s averaging 18.3 PPG, 5.8 REB, and 1.3 STL, shooting an incredible 64.3% from the field during that time. His efficiency will obviously fall back down to Earth at some point, but the trends of more usage and minutes are here to stay. Pick him up if you need a boost in STL and PTS, and he also provides very solid rebounding for a wing.
Have Diallo, Huerter, and Burks on my list. Given my team below, rank them please (9 cat, h2h)
Harden, Bledsoe, Paul
Ayton, JV, Holmes, B Lopez
For your team I’d rank them:
1. Huerter. He wasn’t on this list because he’s owned in more than 50% of leagues but he gives you a boost in 3s and steals, which is what your team is lacking most.
2. Diallo. Besides those cats your team is very strong across the board, I just prefer Diallo over Burks for now due to the uncertainty with Thibs’ rotations.
3. Burks. See what I said above with Diallo.
Would you consider a curry for booker plus someone else trade, who would it have to be to make you go through with it?
I’d definitely consider a Curry for Booker+1 trade, who it would be depends on your respective teams and the cats you’re lacking in. I would probably try for another top 50 player based on Booker’s slow start, but if they aren’t willing to do that I wouldn’t settle for anyone outside top 75.
Deep League Dynasty Waiver. H2H 9 Cat.
Rank in order of preference:
2) Onyeka Okongwu
3) Killian Hayes
4) Nicolas Claxton
5) Isaiah Roby
For Dynasty I’d go:
1. Hayes. He didn’t look great, but those were 7 games and he’s still in a great situation.
2. Onyeka. If the Hawks do decide to move on from Collins, I think he’s going to provide great big man stats in the future.
3. Achiuwa. Heat are great at developing young players, and he’s looked great in the early going. The minutes will come in time.
4. Roby. He’s going to get plenty of run with OKC and minutes is great for fantasy.
5. Claxton. With the Harden trade the Nets are in win-now mode, I’d probably move him up to 4 if he were to get traded. I just don’t see him making much of an impact with this Nets team.
Great post man. Yea I agree with all these picks.