It’s Uncle Drew’s world and we’re just living in it! Kyrie Irving remains on fire after his big outing on Christmas. 32 points and 12 assists on only 17 shots. That kind of efficiency will keep the Cavs ahead of the pack, when it comes to championship odds. The Cavaliers managed to edge the Celtics 124 – 118 on the first game of the TNT double header. Lebron James also had a big line with 23/8/11/1/3, while Kevin Love put up 30 and 15 boards as well. The big 3 clearly are meshing well, and Cleveland is certainly the team to beat.
- Josh Richardson – 20 points, 3 treys, and a steal and a block. Still a THRAGNOF that may get you a steal and a block here and there. Meh.
- Tyler Johnson – Burst off the bench for 18/7/5/2/1. A great line to be sure, but I doubt he repeats, with the inconsistent minutes he’s getting.
- Kemba Walker – A solid 22/7/4/1/0 with 4 treys in the win. Nothing new to see here.
- Nicholas Batum – He’s rounding into form with the rainbow line tonight. 16/13/8/3/1 – No threes, but he can be forgiven for the night.
- Marvin Williams – 13 points, with not much else. He’s very tough to own right now.
- Cavaliers Players – See above!
- Isaiah Thomas – Lit it up with 31 and 9 assists on 13 shots. That is mind blowingly efficient… Unfortunately, they lost, but not because of the little guy.
- Avery Bradley – 23 points, 4 steals – typical for him, but the other stats were lacking tonight.
- Jonas Jerebko – 12 and 7 with 2 steals. Ignore him.
- Russell Westbrook – He came crashing down to earth with 21 points on 6 – 19 shooting. 5 rebounds, 2 steals, 6 turnovers, and a goose egg in the assist department. Oh, and he got ejected in the middle of the 3rd quarter… No need to worry – the Griz are just good at D.
- Every other Thunder player – Sucked worse.
- Marc Gasol – 25/8/2/1/5 – Soooooo looks like we underestimated him this year.. yeah…..
- Chandler Parsons – Sucks. 2 points in 15 minutes.
- Zach Randolph – 21/8/2/0/0 Typical good Z-Bo line.
- Troy Daniels – I don’t know what to make of him, but he had 22 points tonight with 6 threes. Dude can shoot.
- Cory Joseph – 15 points, 6 boards – He’s a better real life player than fantasy player.
- Eric Bledsoe – Rocked out this game with 22/5/10/3/2. Unfortunately he had 8 turnovers, but man that is a sexy line…
- Devin Booker – 19/5/5/1/0 – Still not efficient, but the volume is great.
- Rodney Hood – Muh boy scored 20 points, on 11 shots, with 4 treys! The peripherals weren’t good, but he has shown signs of improvement as he matures.
- George Hill – Even more efficient with a 21/8/6/3/1 line. I have no idea how he is so good this year. Keep rolling with him though!
- Ersan Illyasova – The only line of note with 16 points, 12 boards, and 2 treys.
- Nerlens Noel – Played fine with Joel Embiid out. 14 points, 6 boards, and a steal in 22 minutes. I really hope he gets traded.
Sorry Razzers, but I’m not staying up for the last game. It’s Lakers/Mavs anyway, so I doubt I’m missing much! I have a long day tomorrow, so I won’t get around to answering questions til towards the evening (EST). Anyway, just a heads up!
Have a happy new year everyone!