Shawn Marion scored 18 points and grabbed 17 rebounds last night, and I was going to make him a Buy except that he is already at 64% ownership. If he’s available in your league, you should buy anyway. His month of January had him with 12 points, 9 rebounds, 2.5 assists and a steal. He’s a very solid option in 12 team leagues or deeper, or if your league has an insane in the membrane bench. My lead buy is actually going to be someone else (fooled you!). Thanks to major shakeups in Memphis, Jerryd Bayless has been hot, averaging 17 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds, and a steal. Last night, he nailed 23 points, including 2 of 5 from downtown, plus 3 rebounds, 6 assists and a steal. You and I both know he won’t be averaging 37 minutes moving forward, but he will continue to have an increased role, and a line of 14/3/5 per night is not out of the question. Here’s a few other morsels from last night, then the Buy/Sell:
Andrew Bogut – Produced 8 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist and 3 blocks in 25 minutes. He did not play on the 29th, following his performance on the 28th of 12/8/2 with 4 blocks and a steal. Keep an eye on him. He hasn’t played more than 70 games since 2007-2008, and his ’10-’11 line of 13/11 was good, but not enough to warrant the Rubio-esque hype that has been surrounding him. Someone in one of my leagues dropped Bogut for Ed Davis (January: 14/8/2 with a block). Is Bogut going to be that much better than Davis? Do we all secretly want Bogut to be last year’s Bynum? It’s too early to call him a sell, but I bet you can oversell Bogut if you wanted to.
David Lee – Last night, he had 15 points, 20 rebounds, 9 assists and a steal. This guy is so friggin’ good. I wish the Knicks still had him instead of avoiding Lee’s contract to get Amar’e Stoudemire (no offense, big guy, but Lee has been better than you). Yeah, Lee doesn’t block, but that’s not enough to shy away from him. In the preseason, I wrote, “If he could go at least 20/10, that would be perfect. I want 20/10 so we’ll all close our eyes and wish it to happen. And…it’s gonna happen. We did it. Congratulations, everyone. Wishes do come true, particularly if you have a terminal childhood disease.” Right now he’s at 19.5/11 on the season. So good! I wish I drafted him instead of Pau Gasol.
Earl Clark – The Shituation in L.A. is perplexing and sad, but Clark has been the beneficiary, averaging 11 points (2 threes), 7.5 boards and 1.5 dimes during that time. He is a FT% killer, but most forwards seem to be. Great option in deep leagues, especially 20,000 leagues under the sea.
Nate Robinson – Still at 28% ownership, despite repeatedly pleas to Buy him and a week’s worth of stats that average 20 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, a block and 2 threes. That’s it. Why can’t I play in the other 72% of Yahoo leagues? Of course, I probably would have LeBron, Carmelo and Kobe on my team (almost had a “tea” typo, which would be a very weird group for a spot of afternoon tea).
Aaron Gray – He had 2 starts this week and produced 15/10 during those games. If you need a streamer for this weekend, I would run with him. He has no long term potential, and I’m not even sure he retains his minutes into next week.
Eric Bledsoe – He has been roaring in Chris Paul‘s absence to a tune of 10 points, 6 boards, 7 assists, 3 steals and a block during the past week. His value will decrease when Paul returns in a week or two. If you can move him for a piece you need, now is a great time.
Jason Kidd – Kidd was my favorite fantasy pick up all year. He has been immensely helpful. He was the guard equivalent of forwards that don’t score but still give you 11 rebounds and 3 blocks. He is returning to action tonight after missing time for his back (you could say he’s…back from his back). Kidd will see reduced time moving forward, both because of Ray Felton and Iman Shumpert (<- dude really loves the 90s, look it up) back on active duty, and also because the Knicks want to preserve Kidd for the second half. You may be able to move him, but I dumped him a week ago for Bradley Beal (you won’t be able to do that in your league, but Beal hurt his wrist so it’s not like I won, either).
Alonzo Gee – As my esteemed self wrote, “He’s averaged 29 minutes over the last 5 games and only managed 5/5/2 during that time, which makes me wonder what he’s doing out there.” He’s only 19% owned now, but this is to the remaining 19% of you that aren’t either in a coma or a fake account.