Happy Festivus everyone! The Aluminum pole is shining in the warm winter sun, and it is officially time to air grievances. There is definitely a lot to talk about, people! First of all, I have problems with many coaches so far this season.
- Scott Skiles is a perennial member of this list, and his infuriating rotations will keep him on this list for years to come!
- Recently, Fred Hoiberg has managed to move way up the list. With the recent set of wacky rotations, the playing time of Portis, and the fact that Mirotic has playing time still, he certainly has lost my respect, and the respect of his own team.
- There are a few more names I could choose from, but a list of coaching grievances would not be complete without mentioning Jason Kidd. I certainly don’t need to spell out why he is mentioned here.
Next up, I also has a major problem with the eyelid of Terrence Jones, the attitude of Markief Morris, and the fact that Rondo is good this year.
With that out of the way, I’d just like to say that I’m looking forward to the Christmas day slate of games! Especially the game where the Cavaliers are going to smash Curry’s hopes and dreams.
Here are my waiver gifts to you!
- Omri Casspi – SF/PF – 42% – He shouldn’t be available in any leagues, as he is taking full advantage of the heavy minutes he’s been given. If he’s out there in your standard leagues, please pick him up!
- Stanley Johnson – SF – 34% – He’s been getting minutes lately, and has looked fairly promising. Unfortunately, Jennings and Meeks are looming, so this is more of a notice to possibly stream him for a couple games. He’s definitely worth keeping an eye on though, if he can keep playing well.
- Ian Mahimi – C – 24% – Boring low end option, but provides solid late round boards. If you need those, then give him a look.
- Bobby Portis – PF – 23% – Frankly, the percentage owned is absurdly high. I don’t recommend a pickup yet, but keep an eye on the rotations in Chicago.
- Patrick Patterson – Just Kidding – Why is he owned in 17% of leagues again???
- Rodney Stuckey – PG/SG – 10% – Solid point output while not hurting percentages, and possibly kicking in a few counting stats. Low end option, but worth streaming depending on schedule.
- Shane Larkin – PG – 3% – Larkin was playing quite well before his concussion, and provides solid low-end PG stats. His percentage owned is ridiculously low, and he’s been a hidden gem so far this season. Plus there is significant upside, since he will take on a very large role if Jack is moved at the deadline.
Note: Garrett Temple and Lance Thomas could be worth spot starting. Problem is, they just aren’t very good…
Have an awesome holiday everybody, and don’t forget to follow me on Twitter at @RazzWired for updates between Thursdays!
Would you drop Cody Zeller for either Stanley Johnson, Amir Johnson or Kelly Olynyk. I want 3’s mostly, but boards and blocks always help… in a 12 team 9 cat.
@chris: I’d probably drop for Kelly right now, and then Amir once he gets back to being the starter. Kelly is the fill-in guy at the moment.
What to do with Dipo………
Someone offered my PG + Dragic for my Porzingis + Dipo in a keeper league
what you think?
@Xmas Eve: That’s tough… I may be insane, but I think I’d take the Porzingis side. The kid is for real, and I think it’s way too early to give up on Dipo. PG is extremely good, but the upside on the Poison Goose is just too tantalizing. Dragic is just a boring option at this point. Go with your gut though, it’s a fair offer, so it really depends more on who you want to own.
I just traded Wiggins for Ryan Anderson. I am in a 16 team league, and I am first in points (all that Wiggins provides), and near the middle in threes and rebounds, currently in 4th place. Good trade?
Just worried about his dud recently, 3 points in 21 minutes…[email protected]Yager:
@Yager: Ouch! I get the reasoning, but you definitely took a hit in value. I think Ryan turns it around some, but I moved him in the leagues I had him. Wiggins is definitely better.
Also have two other trade offers, thoughts?
I give: Milsap, Duncan
I get: Draymond Green, Dieng
I give: MIlsap, Duncan
I get: Cousins, Noel
@Yager: I’d probably go with the first… Just with how bad Noel has looked this year. Dieng has started to show some positive signs as well. I may be a little biased towards Dray, but he is a beast lol.
would you think punting stats at this time is still viable? im thinkin of punting FT% since i have gobert, jordan and possibly points..
my roster right now
@Juan: FT% I can see, but points doesn’t seem wise since you have Bledsoe and Kawhi. I’d say punt FT% and move Rubio for a guard that scores more, since you have plenty of PGs and you don’t want his bad FG% and good FT%.
If you have to punt 2 stats to keep Jordan, then just move him.
Jeremy Lin or Jared Dudley? 9 cat h2h
@Martin: ROS, I’d have to go Lin with the more permanent role.
Thoughts on a Wall + Duncan for Tyreke + Favors trade?
Wall is my only actual pg that somehow gets me close in assists every week but I’d rather punt them and focus on my other cats. It’s a 9 cat league and I love the way Tyreke is playing right now plus Favors is a beast when Gobert is on the floor so that’s my rationale.
@Eddie Rooskie: If you want to punt assists, then the move makes sense. I love Duncan, but he will be benched down the stretch. Not a huge fan of Tyreke, with his bad FG% and TOs, but Favors is one of the best. Personally, I’d look for another player in the trade instead of Reke, but if that’s a guy you really like, then I’d say go for it.
Hey. Thanks very much, had fun reading.
Would you trade PG13 for Griffin and Rubio\Holiday?
it’s a small points league.
thanks! and have a merry one.
@KevinOG: I’d take the Blake/Rubio side of that all day! Blake and PG13 are fairly close already.
@Adam: Thanks! and you will take rubio intead of jrue? both scares me.
Thanks again man
@KevinOG: Yep, Rubio has been dominant this year, and looks to have toughened up some. Jrue just doesn’t have a stable role.
What do you think about Ish Smith now that he is in Philly?
I’m in a League with Pts, 3, Rbs, Ast, Stl, Blk, DD
Do you think he’s worth a pick up?
I also have Emanuel Mudiay on my IR. Mudiay hasn’t been hitting my expectations, do you think he’ll get better over the season for my league cats? If not, I was thinking about dropping him for Ish.
@Benjamin: I’d still lean Mudiay a touch when he gets back… Ish didn’t do a whole lot with a shot in Philly before, and they still have Marshall and TJ at the point. It’s really impossible to predict Sixers ball lol.
Would you rather own Marcus Smart or Danny Green? Hmmmm..
@Fella: Definitely Smart, he’s on a minutes limit to start, but Green just can’t seem to find a rhythm on either end.
Would you trade Horford for Favors? (8 team, H2H, 8-cat.)
@Kees: Favors, unless you’re absolutely desperate for that 3 a game that Horford gives. In a vacuum, definitely Favors.
merry christmas! would you rather own Terrence Jones or Trevor Booker?
@dom: Same to you! Gotta go T-Jones, I know he’s frustrating, but he’s still outplaying Booker, and there’s so much potential for more.
Beal was dropped in my league. Should I use a waiver on him? Who among bogdanovic, marcus smart, pbev should I drop?
@DJ: I’d drop Bogdan for him, and see what happens
@Adam: I’ll try that. Thanks a lot!
Hey. Thanks very much,for your previous advice, but I still have a few questions
8 team, H2H, 8-cat
Would you trade Rose for Covington?
Would you drop George Hill for Evan Fournier?
@Kees: Yeah, I could see that, if you need 3s and steals.
I’d hold Hill. Fournier’s rotation spot just keeps fluctuating too much.
what you think of devin booker after eric bledsoe injury
@Michael Pan: Sorry man, you got stuck in the spam filter. I’d definitely give him a look. Bledsoe could be out for quite a while.
Hey, Adam! Would you trade Jordan Hill and Bazemore for Redick and Valancunias? Thanks and enjoy the rest of the weekend!
@Jerry: Hey! I’d definitely do that. J-Val will be back soon, and Jordan Hill should take a bit of a hit when Turner returns.
I understand markeiff morris has an attitude problem, but I just picked him off waivers, what do you think of the potential of him going forward with Bledsoe out? Also, what do you think Brandon Jennings will be like?
@Michael: If you can hold him, I probably would. Kieff’s talent level is just too high.
Jennings really isn’t ownable in any standard leagues.