Wazzup Razzball nation! Nope, I’m not going to lead off the article with the title, so you’re just going to have to keep reading! Before I get to my favorite dude with 3 names, I’d like to address the situation in the desert. Archie Goodwin, Devin Booker, P.J. Tucker, Markieff Morris, and Alex Len all need to be owned. Odds are, many of them aren’t on the wire in your league, but they should all be getting plenty of run down the stretch. The best of those would definitely be Kieff and Booker. Both players will be heavily featured on the rebuilding Suns. I have a feeling that Kieff is going to stick around in Phoenix for a while. He seems to have a solid relationship with Watson, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that was part of the reason why the front office fired Hornacek mid-season. Phoenix has a lot of incentive to make it work with Kieff, and he’s now getting the run to prove himself again. He’s going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder, so look out!
Ok! Now, on to my main man!
- Bryce Dejean-Jones! – PG/SG – 2% – (Yes, his name has an exclamation point! No, please don’t fact check that!) Now, I may have some REL bias going on here, but I was pretty hyped about him when he got his first start. BDJ is a very talented player, who had a very rough road in college. Feel free to look up the story on why his stock fell. No character problems, just some bad luck, and missed opportunities. Regardless, he’s a fighter who hasn’t stop working towards his dream, and it’s finally paying off. While he’s fighting for a contract, he’s playing like an experienced pro. He’s not playing outside of himself, and he’s putting up very solid stats without needing the ball to do it. For now, look for mostly 3s, steals, and a few boards out of him. The main reason he’s going to stick in NO though, is that they have tons of players that dominate the ball, and they desperately need players who can be productive off ball. Right now, BDJ is that guy, and the Pels have been winning with him in the lineup, so I highly doubt that’s going to change any time soon. Okay, I’m done ranting! Keep an eye on him in standard leagues, and I’d look to pick him up in 14 team and deeper, just based on the minutes.
- Jeff Green – SG/SF – 55% – PSA: I normally don’t like pointing out the obvious, but Green really needs to be owned everywhere, while he’s this hot. That is all.
- Gary Harris – SG – 21% – Boring, but consistent. He’s getting over 30 minutes a game, and he’s in the top 100 for this year. He doesn’t really hurt in any category, and he’s the ultimate 3 and D kinda guy. Over a steal and 3 a game, with occasional scoring bursts. He’s a very solid player to round out your bench. One more thing. He also has a fairly high ceiling, since Denver wants him in their future. He could see an expanded role, as the season progresses.
- Norris Cole – PG/SG – 28% – Another player that has benefited from the incompetence of the Pelicans medical staff. While Tyreke is out, Cole should be fairly productive.
- I recommended Jokic last week, so hopefully you scooped him up before his outburst the other night!
That’s all for now! Have a great Superbowl weekend everyone! Go Broncos [editor’s note – ummmm, what?]! My Bucs will make it one day… Hopefully within the next decade or two…