Lady and Gentlemen, finally, we have reached the final half of the final week of the fantasy finals. Yes, I had too much fun writing that sentence… Moving on! Since there are only 3 days left for pickups this week, I’m going to focus primarily on players that are going on Saturday the 2nd. This is going to be the critical day, since Friday and Sunday both have full slates. One player stands out above the rest, and if he isn’t already owned in your leagues, then I’ll be very disappointed…
- Josh Richardson – SG/SF – 36% – The man has dominated down the stretch… He’s done everything he possibly can… Yet that percentage is still way under 50%! What more is it going to take?? With a juicy matchup against the Kings on Friday, and a game against the Trailblazers on Saturday, he’s a must own.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
(Everyone else is a contingency plan if J-Rich is unavailable)
- Willie Cauley-Stein – PF/C – While we’re on the kings… WCS may be the first Kang I’ve recommended since the season started… I don’t want to break that record, but with a game Saturday against the lackluster front-court of the Nuggets, WCS looks like a very solid pickup. Solid boost in FG%, Points, Boards, and Blocks. Plus he hasn’t been murdering free throws lately. Looks like another must-own for Saturday!
- Maurice Harkless – SF – 4% – He’s been coming on lately, but he’s still not really worth a pickup. I will recommend him as a filler for Saturday though. He’s been producing, getting minutes, and has that matchup against the Kangs. If there aren’t any other options available, then give him a look!
- Kyle Anderson – SF – 1% – Yep, you guessed it! He plays Saturday! I’d definitely play him on the condition that Kawhi gets the day off. He’s nothing spectacular, but the solid production is very consistent.
- Hollis Thompson – SG/SF – 21% – The Sixers are banged up for the rest of the year, so Thompson should be getting 30+ minutes the rest of the way. The production has been consistent, and I’d say he’s a must own with his back-to-back on Friday and Saturday.
- Ian Mahinmi – C – 40% – I’d hope he’s owned already, but if he’s not, PICK HIM UP! B2B on Saturday and Sunday! Do dat!
- Patrick Patterson… – PF/C – 17% – Yes there is a (…) after his name… I hate his guts, but he’s been getting some run, and he does play Saturday. He isn’t good for much besides 3s, but I’m sure there are one or two players that are worse… So yeah! I wouldn’t pick him up, but it’s totally up to you! THRAGNOF!
- Norman Powell – SG – 2% – Yes we’re dragging the bottom of the barrel now, but he’s actually been good while Ross is out. Again, he plays Saturday, and there aren’t that many great options.
That does it for the season! I hope you all enjoyed the series this season! I’ll be taking a little break now, til we start churning out that off-season content. Please let me know if you have any ideas for pre-season content. Love the input!
Best of luck to everyone in the finals. If you aren’t fortunate enough to be there, then good luck with baseball! Have a great off-season everyone. Peace out Razzballians!