We’ve run through the fantasy basketball rankings for each position … well, you ran through them. I sprinted for a bit, got a cramp ’cause of all the knockwurst I ate prior to the list and then puked on my slacks. I don’t know why I wore slacks to a sprint. I made sure to wear bicycling shorts to today’s 2010 Roto Fantasy Basketball top 100, because we’re going to be here a while. Roto players need only this list to get them started down a path of fantasy glory. So print this list up and lay your money down! Printin! Lovin’! She’s just a woman!
Oh, and stop gnawing on your fist H2Hers, your top 100 is just around the corner. And as a special reward for your patience, I sprinkled it with fist-flavoring.
UPDATE! In an attempt to keep you current with the twists and turns of the preseason, we’ll be updating both top 100 lists according to where they should be today instead of last week or last month. The number in parenthesis signifies the position they were in originally.
UPDATE2: Click here for the final updated spreadsheet of the Roto Top 100 before the start of the season (October 16).
And now here’s your top 100 for roto hoops:
1. Kevin Durant – As Kevins go, I’m more confident in this No.1 pick than I was with Garnett in ’04.
Season Projections: .482/.889/1.5 3pt/29 pts/7 rbd/3.5 ast/1 stl/1 blk/3 tov
3. LeBron James – It’s weird how natural it felt to put the two-time reigning league MVP third on this list. Almost as weird as Shawn Marion being the top fantasy option, for, like three years in the mid-2000s.
Season Projections: .512/.785/1 3ptm/28 pts/6 rbd/6 ast/1.5 stl/1 blk/2.5 tov
4. Dirk Nowitzki –Here he is, your obvious fourth pick that makes you wish you had the 12th pick.
Season Projections: .477/.885/1 3ptm/24.5 pts/8 rbd/3 ast/0.5 stl/1 blk/2 tov
5. Danny Granger – I haven’t been this hopeful for a knee and ankle to hold up since my ballet recital at fifth grade fat camp.
Season Projections: .455/.860/2.5 3pt/25.5 pts/6 rbd/2.5 ast/1.5 stl/1 blk/2 tov
6. Kobe Bryant – Wouldn’t shock me if he ended the season in the top 3 … or outside of the top 20. Mamba’s are tricky creatures.
Season Projections: .453/.839/1.5 3ptm/26 pts/5.5 rbd/5.5 ast/1.5 stl/0.5 blk/3.5 tov
8. Dwyane Wade –What would you think if Wade played out of step? Would you stand up and walk out on him? I wouldn’t worry about it. He’ll get by with a little help from his friends.
Season Projections: .490/.770/0.5 3pt/23 pts/5 rbd/5 ast/2 stl/1 blk/2.5 tov
9. Deron Williams – Anyone willing to gaurantee Deron doesn’t come out of this season with the best stats of any PG in the league? Yeah, I didn’t think anyone would be (D-)willing.
Season Projections: .474/.807/1.5 3ptm/18 pts/3.5 rbd/11 ast/1 stl/0 blk/3 tov
10. Brook Lopez – He’s Pau with fewer passing options. You didn’t blink at Gasol ranked seventh, don’t blink with Brook here.
Season Projections: .525/.810/0 3ptm/19.5 pts/9 rbd/2.5 ast/0.5 stl/2 blk/2.5 tov
11. Josh Smith – Shot 59 percent from the line in ’08, 62 percent from the line last season, but has hit 71 and 72 percent in previous years. He gets close to that this season along with everything else, he’s a top six pick.
Season Projections: .515/.640/0 3ptm/17 pts/9 rbd/5 ast/1.5 stl/2 blk/2.5 tov
12. (13) David Lee – There’s going to be some fantasy team out there with David Lee, Joe Johnson and George Hill and it’s going to be the guys-with-names-that-sound-like-they-came-out-of-the-Witness Protection Program team.
Season Projections: .540/.795/0 3ptm/22 pts/12 rbd/4 ast/1 stl/0.5 blk/2.5 tov
13. (12) Stephen Curry – The kid can play, but Nellie’s your handcuff. If Nellie goes, so goes this kid’s first-round stat line.
Season Projections: .450/.880/2.5 3ptm/22 pts/4 rbd/4 ast/2 stl/0 blk/2.5 tov
14. Carmelo Anthony – ‘Melo be mellow, but we just don’t know what’s going to happen to him. There’s too much in flux here. When the status of a player or the circumstances surrounding a player are questionable enough that it hurts his potential worth, that’s exceeding the flux capacity.
Season Projections: .460/.825/1 3ptm/29 pts/6 rbd/3.5 ast/1 stl/0.5 blk/3 tov
15. Amar’e Stoudemire – Not sure why all of Earth thinks the fast-paced, Steve Nash-led Suns were holding Amar’e back all these years.
Season Projections: .530/.780/0 3pt/24 pts/9 rbd/2.5 ast/0.5 stl/1 blk/3 tov
16. Steve Nash – … Maybe the league can split these two apart, but this list will ensure they forever stay together.
Season Projections: .490/.915/2 3pt/19.5 pts/3 rbd/8.5 ast/o.5 stl/0 blk/4 tov
17. Gerald Wallace – I like “Crash,” but I’m really hoping his “Multiplicity” nickname catches on this season.
Season Projections: .480/.740/0.5 3ptm/17 pts/8.5 rbd/2.5 ast/1.5 stl/1 blk/2 tov
18. Al Horford – Everything that Dwight Howard does well, he does a tad worse. Everything that Dwight does poorly, he does a tad better. He’s the Dwight you get if you only eat the vanilla third of your Neopolitan ice cream.
Season Projections: .540/.777/0 3pt/17 pts/11 rbd/3 ast/0.5 stl/1.5 blk/2.5 tov
19. Rajon Rondo – He’ll never admit it, but you just know Rondo’s getting a wee bit annoyed with all the broken-down geriatrics the Celtics keep throwing his way. Which O’Neal did we pick up? Both of ’em?! Okay, but I ain’t feedin’ nobody pudding again.
Season Projections: .495/.669/0 3pt/15 pts/5 rbd/9.5 ast/2 stl/0 blk/2.5 tov
20. Dwight Howard – You’ll never get this far into a draft without someone taking Howard. And that’s fine. You’ll be able to make up for the blocks and boards you don’t get from him, you may never recover from those free throws through.
Season Projections: .600/.594/0 3pt/18.5 pts/13.5 rbd/2.5 ast/1 stl/3 blk/3 tov
21. Al Jefferson – Pat yourself on the back, young fella. You just got yourself Al Jefferson 21 picks into the draft. I’m right proud of you!
Season Projections: .515/.724/0 3pt/22 pts/10 rbd/2.5 ast/1 stl/1.5 blk/2 tov
22. Chris Bosh – The only way Bosh gets more respect from me than a No.22 ranking is if he absolutely kills this year, outdoes both LeBron and Wade in every way and tweets that he was toying with Miami’s emotions about accepting a role as the third wheel. You wanted to prove your place in the league, Bosh? Become the man on this team.
Season Projections: .620/.770/0 3pt/18.5 pts/9 rbd/2 ast/1 stl/1 blk/2 tov
23. Andre Iguodala – Iguodala = Kobe – 7 pts, .100 FT%.
Season Projections: .451/.735/1 3pt/18.5 pts/5.5 rbd/5.5 ast/1.5 stl/0.5 blk/3.0 tov
24. Tyreke Evans – It’s scary to think that after the rookie year Evans had, there remains the possibility of huge improvements with this kid (driving the speed limit for starters). But because I prefer to compartmentalize my scary thoughts, I’m just going to predict a slight improvement this season.
Season Projections: .473/.779/1 3pt/22 pts/4.5 rbd/6.5 ast/2 stl/0.5 blk/2.5 tov
25. Andrea Bargnani – The exchange rate of being “the man” in Toronto is being 96.6 percent of “the man” on any U.S. team.
Season Projections: .449/.789/2 3pt/20.5 pts/7 rbd/1.5 ast/0.5 stl/1.5 blk/2.5 tov
26. Joe Johnson – Here’s to hoping a bloated contract translates to bloated statistics. *clink*
Season Projections: .440/.810/1.5 3pt/22 pts/4.5 rbd/4.5 ast/1 stl/0 blk/2 tov
27. Jason Richardson – He’ll be sneaky-hot this season, like Rashida Jones.
Season Projections: .444/.700/2.5 3pt/23 pts/5.5 rbd/3 ast/1 stl/0.5 blk/2.5 tov
28. Stephen Jackson – He annually feels like a player who belongs somewhere in the 50s. He also annually has stretches where he plays like a top 10 guy. No. 28 feels appropriate.
Season Projections: .419/.800/1.5 3pt/22 pts/5 rbd/4.5 ast/1.5 stl/0.5 blk/3 tov
29. Carlos Boozer – Please be satisfied in Chicago. Please be satisfied in Chicago. Please be satisfied in Chicago …
Season Projections: .526/.729/0 3pt/19 pts/10 rbd/2.5 ast/1 stl/1 blk/2.5 tov
30. Brandon Roy – I won’t own Roy in any leagues this year because most fantasy owners confuse outstanding real basketball with outstanding roto basketball.
Season Projections: .469/.790/1 3ptm/22.5 pts/4 rbd/5.5 ast/1 stl/0 blk/2 tov
31. Joakim Noah – I estimated conservatively on Noah’s projections. This could be a big, big year for an ugly, ugly man.
Season Projections: .512/.735/0 3pt/12 pts/11 rbd/2.5 ast/1 stl/1.5 blk/2 tov
32. Tim Duncan – I love watching someone age gracefully. Like Helen Mirren or Robert Duvall. Although I’m not convinced Duvall was ever not old.
Season Projections: .521/.731/0 3pt/16 pts/9.5 rbd/3.5 ast/0.5 stl/1.5 blk/2.5 tov
33. Marc Gasol – I can’t imagine I’d ever own Gasol on any of my teams with Noah and Love’s upside lingering around so close to this guy, but maybe your draft will be different.
Season Projections: .555/.690/0 3pt/16.5 pts/10 rbd/2.5 ast/1 stl/1.5 blk/2 tov
34. David West – I like the prospects of West as a third option on the Hornets. He’s an efficient player that gets overly sloppy the more he’s leaned on. With Paul healthy and Trevor Ariza on board, we might see one of his quietest and best seasons.
Season Projections: .488/.861/0 3pt/20 pts/8 rbd/3 ast/1 stl/1 blk/2 tov
35. Manu Ginobili – The Spurs, like Christina Hendricks, are just too stacked not to get in its own way. Both Hill and Blair will develop appropriately, Jefferson can’t be more disappointing this year than last and then there’s the addition of Tiago Splitter. For those reasons, I’m hedging my bets on every fantasy option this team. There will be surprises and disappointments on this team, it’s just impossible to know who will be what at this point. Let someone else reach to find out.
Season Projections: .444/.865/2 3pt/15.5 pts/4.5 rbd/4.5 ast/1.5 stl/0.5 blk/2.5 tov
36. Kevin Martin – I think Speed Racer’s disappointing season was a blip. As far as blips go, it really wasn’t that bad. Right, Blake Griffin? Nevertheless, that blip is going to cost him a round in most drafts. Third round is too soon. Lucky you if you grab him in round 4.
Season Projections: .425/.857/2.5 3pt/26 pts/4.5 rbd/2.5 ast/2 stl/0 blk/1.5 tov
37. Russell Westbrook – Want a fun game that lasts for years? Watch the development of Westbrook as compared to Derrick Rose. After two seasons, Westbrook has the edge in FT%, 3pt, rbd, ast, and stls. Rose has a huge edge in FG%, pts and tovs. Both block the same amount. I have a feeling this is going to be a rivalry (that neither player is aware of) for a long, long time.
Season Projections: .440/.785/0.5 3pt/17 pts/5 rbd/7.5 ast/1.5 stl/0.5 blk/3 tov
38. Paul Pierce – Truthfully (eh? eh?), I wanted to drop Pierce lower than this, but even a sub-par season from him is worth a fourth-round pick.
Season Projections: .460/.845/1.5 3pt/19 pts/4 rbd/3 ast/1 stl/0.5 blk/2.5 tov
39. Derrick Rose – Rose has been working on his three-point shooting. Practicing every day during the Worlds. They say practice makes perfect. I’d settle for practice makes 33 percent.
Season Projections: .480/.797/0.5 3pt/21.5 pts/3 rbd/7 ast/1 stl/0 blk/3 tov
40. Darren Collison – Larry Bird, “Hey, who’s that little guy?” That’s Darren Collison. We traded away Troy to get him. “No. No, we traded for the big white guy who played for the Sonics. Collison.” You’re thinking of Nick Collison, Larry. Darren’s much better. “Yeah, okay. But we’re down to, like, five white guys.” Yep. Should I expect that raise at the end of this month or next?
Season Projections: .460/.845/1.5 3pt/17 pts/4 rbd/8 ast/2 stl/0 blk/3 tov
41. (43) Troy Murphy – Murphy is Love with better threes and turnovers, but worse rebounds.
Season Projections: .481/.783/1.5 3pt/15 pts/9.5 rbd/2.5 ast/1 stl/0.5 blk/1.5 tov
42. (41) Danilo Gallinari – Dude attempted six threes per game last season and helped absolutely wreck this team’s chances of winning certain games. You think he listened to “Sabotage” to pump himself up before each game? So, so, so, so listen up ’cause you can’t say nothin’!
Season Projections: .440/.830/2.5 3pt/16.5 pts/5 rbd/2 ast/1 stl/1 blk/1.5 tov
43. (42) Kevin Love – Anyone else curious as to why Kevin McHale, Kurt Rambis and now Mike Krzyzewski all refuse to give Love appropriate minutes?
Season Projections: .455/.804/0.5 3pt/16.5 pts/13 rbd/2.5 ast/1 stl/0.5 blk/3 tov
44. Jason Kidd – He could be as good as any PG in the league this season, but would you bet on it?
Season Projections: .435/.815/1.5 3pt/8 pts/5 rbd/8.5 ast/1.5 stl/0 blk/2 tov
45. Baron Davis – It’s cool, Boom-Dizzle, Boris Diaw agreed to be the player that enters training camp 30 lbs. heavier than he should be. As you were.
Season Projections: .409/.795/1 3pt/20 pts/3 rbd/8.5 ast/2 stl/0.5 blk/3 tov
46. LaMarcus Aldridge – You know what you’re getting with Aldridge. It’s like going to a Jessica Alba movie. It’s not going to change your life or anything, but you didn’t choose it for that, you chose it for a chance to see LMA in his underwear. Or something.
Season Projections: .500/.770/0 3pt/18 pts/7.5 rbd/2 ast/1 stl/1 blk/1.5 tov
47. Chauncey Billups – Remember Aykroyd’s face when he saw the Stay Puft’s head lumbering over the rooftops in “Ghostbusters?” Yeah, that’s the look Chauncey has had all summer when he thinks about this Nuggets team.
Season Projections: .425/.901/1.5 3pt/17 pts/3 rbd/5 ast/1 stl/0 blk/2 tov
48. Luis Scola – If you’ve got a couple guards that rate above-average in blocks, I wouldn’t scoff at owning Scola even earlier than this. I also wouldn’t scoff because I have no idea how to do that.
Season Projections: .506/.771/0 3pt/17.5 pts/9.5 rbd/2.5 ast/1 stl/0.5 blk/2 tov
49. Zach Randolph – The projections below are Randolph’s floor. So there’s that. I also think we’re absolutely going to see his floor this season. So there’s that also.
Season Projections: .479/.771/0 3pt/20 pts/10.5 rbd/1.5 ast/1 stl/0 blk/2.5 tov
50. Antawn Jamison – Cleveland Jamison + mess of a PG + nothin’ else = D.C. Jamison + mess of a PG + nothin’ else.
Season Projections: .458/.709/1 3pt/22 pts/8.5 rbd/2 ast/1 stl/0.5 blk/2 tov
51. (54) Luol Deng – Could be a career-year for Luol – incidentally, the best Luol since Captain Albano.
Season Projections: .461/.770/0.5 3pt/15 pts/6.5 rbd/2 ast/1 stl/0.5 blk/1.5 tov
52. (53) Paul Millsap – I’ve said it before, but I’m not totally convinced Millsap will be starting all season and for seasons to come. I should probably have held onto this opinion until after my membership to the Paul Millsap Fanclub had been processed.
Season Projections: .522/.704/0 3pt/15 pts/9 rbd/2 ast/1 stl/1.5 blk/2 tov
53. (56) Aaron Brooks – This is where Brooks was ranked at the end of last season. Now imagine Ariza gone and Brooks with a more reliable outlet pass in a non-slumping Kevin Martin. Okay, now picture a winged horse. Now picture Brooks on that horse eating ice cream. I know, right!
Season Projections: .455/.840/2 3pt/18.5 pts/3 rbd/6 ast/1 stl/0 blk/2.5 tov
54. (51) Monta Ellis – Hate it or love it, his game don’t stop. Envy him.
Season Projections: .458/.770/0.5 3pt/21 pts/4.5 rbd/4 ast/2 stl/0 blk/ 3 tov
55. Mo Williams – Two-and-a-half threes, over 20 points and nearly seven assists comin’ in ’10, and yet … meh.
Season Projections: .439/.880/2.5 3pt/21 pts/3 rbd/6.5 ast/1 stl/0.5 blk/3 tov
56. (60) Nene Hilario – Nene is one of the sturdier centers in the league. But if you’re gonna own him, you better match him with flashier players if you want your team rising any higher than third. Nene is the sensible belt you wrap around the assless chaps that make up the rest of your team.
Season Projections: .564/.698/0 3pt/14 pts/8 rbd/2 ast/1 stl/1 blk/1.5 tov
57. (58) Gilbert Arenas – I don’t want to live in a world where Gilbert Arenas is an irrelevant basketball player.
Season Prediction: .425/.745/2.5 3ptm/19 pts/5 rbd/4.5 ast/1 stl/0 blk/2.5 tov
58. (59) Eric Gordon – Both Yahoo! and ESPN rank Gordon at 72. Then again, that’s also about where they ranked Rashard Lewis, so it’s clear they don’t know zits from zeros.
Season Projections: .450/.800/2 3pt/19 pts/2.5 rbd/3.5 ast/1 stl/0.5 blk/2.5 tov
59. (57) Kevin Garnett – His health was in much worse shape at the start of 2009 and he still went 15 picks before this. I doubt he’ll be around when I’m ready to draft him. I’m cagey on KG.
Season Projections: .490/.811/0 3pt/14.5 pts/7.5 rbd/3.5 ast/1 stl/1 blk/2 tov
60. (61) Rudy Gay – Blah percentages and only one-and-a-half assists? You may have fooled the Grizzlies this summer, Rudy Gay, but you can’t fool me.
Season Projections: .460/.750/0.5 3pt/18 pts/5.5 rbd/1.5 ast/1.5 stl/0.5 blk/2 tov
61. (62) Blake Griffin – Remember when Griffin snapped his knee in a preseason game last summer? Yeah, that pain ain’t nothing compared to participating on a team coached by Vinny Del Negro.
Season Projection: .560/.656/0 3pt/17 pts/8.5 rbd/2 ast/1.5 stl/1 blk/2.5 tov
62. (63) Chris Kaman – Oh, here’s where I left all my Clippers. I was wondering where they all went.
Season Projections: .494/.722/0 3pt/14 pts/9 rbd/1.5 ast/0.5 stl/1.5 blk/2.5 tov
63. (65) Ben Gordon – Comeback player of the year? “I sure hope not.” – Tracy McGrady
Season Projections: .434/.880/2 3pt/18.5 pts/3 rbd/3 ast/1 stl/0 blk/2 tov
64. (67) Andray Blatche – If his stats shine as brightly as his braces, we may have a steal at No. 67. Either that or his play might hurt as bad as nighttime headgear.
Season Projections: .477/.740/0 3pt/17 pts/7 rbd/1.5 ast/1 stl/1 blk/3 tov
65. (68) Ray Allen – The good news is that Allen’s game is so low-impact that injury probably won’t be a problem for him. The bad news is that there’s no other news.
Season Projections: .465/.920/2 3pt/15 pts/3.5 rbd/3.5 ast/0.5 stl/0 blk/1.5 tov
66. (71) Roy Hibbert – Let’s just hope Hibbert’s desire to improve trumps his frustration at having to do it in Indiana.
Season Projections: .525/.759/0 3ptm/14.5 pts/7 rbd/2.5 ast/0.5 stl/2 blk/2 tov
67. (72) Jameer Nelson – Jammer’s become somewhat forgotten amid the hubbub of other guards. That’s a mistake. Fair warning. Unfair warning: yelling “Fore!” seconds before your ball dents the roof of a nearby group’s golf cart.
Season Projections: .450/.850/1.5 3pt/14.5 pts/3 rbd/6 ast/1.5 stl/0 blk/2.5 tov
68. (74) John Wall – His FG% and turnovers could sink him this season, then again he might control it and set the league on fire. Then the league would suspend him for the second half of the season for committing arson.
Season Prediction: .454/.777/1 3ptm/16 pts/4.5 rbd/6 ast/1 stl/0.5 blk/3.5 tov
69. (85) Anthony Randolph – Is a sleeper still a sleeper if everyone and their hairdresser has him ranked in the top 70?
Season Projections: .440/.813/0 3pt/16.5 pts/8.5 rbd/2 ast/1 stl/2 blk/2 tov
70. (75) JaVale McGee – The next four players all level out to be the same amount of risk versus reward. Playing time versus talent. Development versus option in team’s offense. Choose to taste.
Season Projections: .499/.680/0 3pt/15 pts/9.5 rbd/0.5 ast/0.5 stl/3 blk/2.5 tov
71. (98) Marcus Camby – Um, ditto, but with a horrific free throw percentage. Or is it “an horrific” free throw percentage? The h is tricky.
Season Projections: .489/.550/0 3pt/7 pts/10 rbd/1.5 ast/1 stl/2 blk/1 tov
72. (73) Channing Frye – How many other bigs are going to average 2.5 treys a game?
Season Projections: .441/.799/2.5 3pt/13 pts/6.5 rbd/1.5 ast/1 stl/1 blk/2 tov
73. (66) Corey Maggette – Between Maggette and Delfino, it’s good of the Bucks to fortify its SF position with two guys that sound like they’re Italian but aren’t.
Season Projections: .490/.830/0 3pt/23 pts/5 rbd/2 ast/1 stl/0 blk/3 tov
74. (69) Andrew Bogut – Bogut is still expected to miss the first month of the season with a mysterious elbow/hand injury. How mysterious? Mysterious enough that they’re still not sure how his hand was so effected by his elbow whipping around like a tetherball. If he’s 100 percent healthy on your draft day, move him up 25 spots.
Season Projections: .509/.591/0 3pt/13.5 pts/11.5 rbd/2.5 ast/0.5 stl/2.5 blk/2.5 tov
75. (76) Emeka Okafor – He’s the fifth option on a team that might not make the playoffs. On the plus side, his forehead his huge.
Season Projections: .540/.601/0 3pt/12.5 pts/10 rbd/1 ast/1 stl/1.5 blk/1.5 tov
76. (77) Robin Lopez – In honor of the football season in full swing yesterday, I will compare Fro-pez to “Any Given Sunday.” Two QBs hit the skids and Al Pacino only had Jamie Foxx to which to turn. Robin is Willie Beaman. So yeah, let’s hope Jason Richardson chops Lopez’s SUV in half with a chainsaw.
Season Projections: .570/.720/0 3pt/15 pts/8 rbd/0.5 ast/0.5 stl/2 blk/2 tov
77. (91) Jrue Holiday – Somehow, someway – even if I have to reach a round or two farther than I should – I’m going to own Holiday on one of my teams.
Season Projections: .440/.765/1 3pt/13 pts/3 rbd/6 ast/1.5 stl/0.5 blk/3 tov
78. (79) Jamal Crawford – In a fair world, Crawford would get a day’s extension on his contract for every point he scores this season. Also, is it possible the Hawks thought they already extended Crawford’s contract but just got him mixed up with one of the other nine Crawfords Atlanta is employing these days?
Season Projections: .437/.850/2 3pt/19 pts/2.5 rbd/3 ast/1 stl/0 blk/2 tov
79. (86) Raymond Felton – Never trust a Raymond who doesn’t go by a nickname. Also, never trust Jeffrey’s who spell their name “Geoffrey.” Unless they are a giraffe. Then you should not trust them because they are a giraffe.
Season Projections: .440/.775/1 3pt/13 pts/3.5 rbd/6.5 ast/1.5 stl/0 blk/2.5 tov
80. (78) Carl Landry – I don’t love Landry’s role on the Kings. It’s a role fit for a starter on the Viscounts or Barons.
Season Projections: .522/.811/0 3pt/15 pts/6.5 rbd/1 ast/1 stl/0.5 blk/1.5 tov
81. Brandon Jennings – Jennings has been taken off the board as early as the fifth round. That’s just nuts. Don’t be nuts.
Season Projections: .420/.804/1.5 3pt/16.5 pts/3 rbd/6.5 ast/1.5 stl/0 blk/2.5 tov
82. Devin Harris – He was slightly overrated last year, then he pooped the bed. Now he’s underrated. Now’s when you swoop in. Poop = swoop.
Season Projections: .450/.805/1 3pt/18 pts/3 rbd/6.5 ast/1.5 stl/0 blk/3 tov
83. Marcus Thornton – It’s not really a question whether Thornton will contribute, it’s more a question how much he’ll contribute. Is he the no. 2 guy? The no. 3? No. 4?
Season Prediction: .462/.819/2 3pt/16.5 pts/3.5 rbd/2 ast/1 stl/o blk/1 tov
84. (86) O.J. Mayo – Everyone is so up-in-arms that USC alum Reggie Bush got his Heisman taken away. Then they add that if Heisman can take away Reggie’s trophy, they should take away O.J.’s. Sheesh, you guys! O.J. went to USC, but he never played football! Some people are daft.
Season Projections: .445/.895/1.5 3pt/17 pts/4 rbd/3 ast/1.5 stl/0 blk/2.5 tov
85. (88) Andrei Kirilenko – If I was a grandmother, I’d pinch the cheeks of these projections. They’re just so adorable. It’s nice when they visit.
Season Projections: .495/.755/0.5 3pt/13.5 pts/5 rbd/3.5 ast/1.5 stl/1.5 blk/1.5 tov
86. (84) Lamar Odom – Am I the only one who thinks Khloe Kardashian isn’t THAT bad? I mean, Odom’s no Blair Underwood.
Season Projections: .475/.710/0.5 3pt/11 pts/9 rbd/3.5 ast/1 stl/1 blk/2 tov
87. (89) Tony Parker – See my post on Manu Ginobili, but this time think of Tony Parker while you read it. It’ll be familiar but somehow different, like showering drunk.
Season Projections: .510/.730/0 3pt/19 pts/3.5 rbd/6 ast/1 stl/0 blk/3 tov
88. (90) Andre Miller – Dude hasn’t missed a game since junior high, so you know that you’re gonna get these projections over the course of 82 games. Note: Jinx!
Season Projections: .435/.825/0 3pt/15.5 pts/3.5 rbd/6 ast/1.5 stl/0 blk/2.5 tov
89. (92) Caron Butler – At this point in the draft, this is your safe pick, if you’re into safe picks.
Season Projections: .433/.836/0.5 3pt/15 pts/5 rbd/2 ast/1.5 stl/0.5 blk/2 tov
90. (93) Nicolas Batum – … If you’re into upside, however, you go this way.
Season Projections: .505/.855/2 3pt/12 pts/4.5 rbd/1.5 ast/1 stl/1 blk/1 tov
91. (94) Trevor Ariza – Not enough minutes in L.A., too many minutes in Houston. For once, New Orleans might be the place that disallows further disaster from happening.
Season Projections: .449/.690/1.5 3pt/14 pts/5 rbd/3.5 ast/2 stl/0.5 blk/1.5 tov
92. (70) Yao Ming – It’s simple, right? If he stays healthy, he’s worth drafting. If not, he’s not.
Season Projections: .531/.840/0 3pt/17.5 pts/8 rbd/2 ast/0 stl/2 blk/3 tov
93. (52) Andrew Bynum – I’ve never had Bynum play on any of my fantasy teams. But considering Bynum has only played on the fantasy teams that DID own him half the time, I’m confident he can’t be put any higher than this.
Season Projections: .565/.737/0 3pt/16 pts/9 rbd/1.5 ast/0.5 stl/1.5 blk/2 tov
94. (95) John Salmons – Wait! Double-check and make sure Batum wasn’t taken yet. He was? You sure? Check one more time, you’ve still got 90 seconds left on your draft clock. He’s gone, huh? Okay, Salmons it is.
Season Projections: .460/.815/1 3pt/16 pts/3 rbd/3 ast/1 stl/0 blk/2 tov
95. (80) Rodrigue Beaubois – Beaubois can be rearranged to become Abuse Bio. Dude’s gonna be punishing folks this season.
Season Projections: .490/.810/2 3ptm/17 pts/3.5 rbd/3.5 ast/1.5 stl/0.5 blk/2.5 tov
96. DeMarcus Cousins – Same deal as with Batum: huge upside, limited risk. The only difference here is that the media thinks this guy chews heads off bats and is seconds away from exploding like a pinata.
Season Prediction: .540/.645/0 3pt/15 pts/7 rbd/1 ast/1 stl/2 blk/2.5 tov
97. Samuel Dalembert – Steady contributor at a weak position.
Season Projections: .519/.715/0 3pt/8 pts/9 rbd/0.5 ast/0.5 stl/2 blk/1.5 tov
98. Jose Calderon – This time last season, we were all pretty sure Joey Kettle was on his way to being a top 10 PG in this league. Perhaps it was a slow-roasting kettle and 2010 is dinner time. Season Projections: .490/.860/1 3pt/11.5 pts/3 rbd/6 ast/1 stl/0 blk/2.5 tov
99. (100) George Hill – You know who this slot is for? It’s for the guy who should probably be ranked three or four spots lower than this, but whom I like better than Rashard Lewis. Suck on that, Rashard Lewis.
Season Projections: .465/.769/1 3pt/15 pts/3 rbd/4.5 ast/1 stl /0.5 blk /1.5 tov
100. (64) Greg Oden – Last chance Oden. My belief in you has long been er’oden. Another lost season is strictly verb’oden.
Season Projections: .560/.715/0 3pt/14 pts/9 rbd/1 ast/0.5 stl/2.5 blk/2 tov