Sun Tzu, the Chinese general, military strategist, philosopher, and author of the Art of War wrote: “what enables the wise sovereign and the good general to strike and conquer, and achieve things beyond the reach of ordinary men, is foreknowledge.” Before undertaking any endeavor in life, knowing and understanding the landscape provides a tremendous advantage for those who put in the time to obtain the information. Every fantasy basketball site has its own rankings and projections. As a result, there will be opportunities to exploit depending on which draft room you are situated in. If you know the landscape before entering the fray, you will have an advantage come draft day. Below, I’ve made a Google sheet that compares my projections to those at ESPN, Yahoo, and Fantrax. This should give a basic lay of the fantasy landscape.

To best utilize the sheet, press CTRL-F, then click up or down to see the highlighted player for each site.

For insight into how I derived my projections and rankings, click HERE.

If you want to sort the sheet and/or search for players easier, click HERE to make a copy of the sheet.

THESE ARE MY PROJECTIONS; NOT MY RANKINGS. The order I have players is based on my projections and overall value for category leagues. Where I’d draft a player depends on ADP, categorical need, and roster construction. Keep that in mind when going through all my Top X pieces and when choosing who to draft in your leagues. The FG and FT numbers are weighted for volume.

Want the best tools and projections to help dominate your league? Check out the Stocktonator, the byproduct of Rudy and machine making love. Click HERE for a FREE 3-day trial.

1. Ed Mazur says:

Thanks Son. This is an interesting and very useful tool. Which disparities are most surprising to you?

• Son

Son says:

Nurkic not being in ESPN. Michael Porter. PJ Washington. Aron Baynes.

• Kostas

Kostas says:

Jaren Jackson seems comically low in ESPN, as well as Brook Lopez in Yahoo…

• Son

Son says:

agreed

• Zac says:

Everybody knows he doesn’t even have a timetable to return right?

• Son

Son says:

Yup

2. Ralph says:

This is awesome! Thank you!

• Son

Son says:

Cool! Glad it’s helpful

3. HK Rules says:

Which ranking of ESPN is this? According pre-draft strategy list, Nurkic is ranked 62. He doesn’t have projection yet. John Wall doesn’thave any projection either, but he is ranked 56 in the pre-draft ranking

• Son

Son says:

I’m not in any ESPN leagues, so this was from the sortable projection list they have. Do you have the pre-draft list? If so, send it over and I’ll update

4. PB

Eric says:

Does the Westbrook trade change your opinion/ranking of Thomas Bryant at all?

• Son

Son says:

He could get fazed out or collect all the bricks!!! I kid. I think he will be fine since he’s not a high usage player to begin with

5. fantasy-sleeper says:

Whats up, nice comparison, will definitely use that. Maybe u don’t mind answering one loooong question?
    I did multiple mock draft and came up to a strategy on how to draft this year:
    R1: KAT (feel that AD will get rested too much )
    R2: PG
    R3: Shai (usually there are Irving or RW, but for some reason i think Shai would have better year then they do)
    R4: Nurk
    R5: Covington but not sure. thinking about Lavine or Vanvleet to add higher scoring ability with high stl
    R6-7: hayward, mpj, oubre, which two are left
    R8: Turner, JJJ, Wood or Brolo
    R9: Smart
    R10-14: pretty much try to load fliers with high D stats, points and 3pm thats fit my team,

What u think about squad core like that? 9cat 10t, punt – AST build?

• Son

Son says:

Looks good

6. kb says:

NAW at 181 sticks out!

• Son

Son says:

Yeah, I noticed that too. He was 202nd last year in only 22 mpg. I have him down for 28 so he should improve but the percentages really ding him and the more minutes increase the turnovers

7. I Just Wanna Kawhi says:

What’s up my g! How would you rank these dudes:

Zubac
    Gafford
    WCJ
    Mo Bamba

Thinking of swapping one for Bamba

9C/10T

Curry
    Adebayo
    FVV
    Fox
    JJJ
    Anunoby
    DeRozan
    Rozier
    KPJ
    NAW
    WCJ
    Gafford
    Zubac

I have zero idea how reliable my last three centers are going to be. Lol I’ve a thought of prolly just trading DeRozan away for a better center to pair up with Bam.

• Son

Son says:

sup! it’s been a long time.

that’s tough because they all bring something different to the table.
      zubac will provide points, fg%, and his ft% is the best.
      gafford provides the most blocks and fg$ but his ft% is the worst
      gafford and wcj provide the steals
      bamba and wcj are similar and they could split minutes but bamba has been getting a ton of hype. and there’s potential there. situation is uncertain though.

comes down to your personal philosophy and what you want

• I Just Wanna Kawhi says:

This is insightful, thanks my g! I guess it comes down to whoever is the worst FT shooter! And you said it’s Gafford so maybe I will swap him for Bamba.

• Son