1617-rcl-logo

Want to hear something crazy?  We’re 3.5 weeks in, and that’s about 17.5% of the fantasy regular season!  In terms like that, sound the panic alarms!  My crappy teams are toast!

As I mentioned on the Pod this morning, I have some RCL anger this week.  Too much Goose.  Goose on the loose!  Ugh.  But there’s still like, 82.5% of the season left, so everyone going against Goose can turn it around!

Check out how your teams stacked up after week 3 in the 2016-17 RCL Master Standings Table table, and here’s some notable takeaways from the 3rd regular season week across our 23 RCL Leagues:

Take on the Jay – The fearless RCL leader is like a drug in a weird train movie (hope you get it), Cronos’s!  Who is that a picture of?!  Quickly dispensed of The Superemes in a 7-2 victory, and moved to 22-4-1.  Two 7-2 wins and an 8-0-1 victory…  My teams are so bad, I could snort from Chrono right now!

JB’s RCL 3: “RCL Harder”Our only 9-0 victory this week came from the merciless hands of Eric’s Team, taking out the Bearsloths in a flawless victory.  YOUR SOUL IS MINE!  Narrow wins by 4 treys, 1 AST and 1 BLK had this one go to the absolute wire!  We also had ImpOSHible Mission win 6-3, moving them to 22-5 and second in the RCL standings.  My 20-7 team is up against them, and not hanging tough.  Being a Brow owner is already killing me!

JB vs. Slim Year 3In the JB v Slim league, Big Baby’s Lovechild has taken over the Civil War with a 21-6 record – good for 3rd in the RCL standings – thanks to a 7-2 win over the awesomely named EMBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID.  I can’t even get mad if I lose to EMBIIIIIIIIIID, it’s too funny!

Slim’s LeagueBig week in wk 3 for Stuck in Saigon, going 8-1 over… and I swear I didn’t do this intentionally, I just saw an 8-1 score…  Slim – Razzball.  Don’t worry Slim, my RCL teams have been mostly sluggish too!  I think I stream too much and miss the hot pickups…  Anyway, Saigon moves to 20-7 on the year in a big deadlock at 7th.

The Semi Mediocre LeagueWith an absolutely awesome league logo, Walk 500 Myles got inspired to walk all over the Early Risers 8-1, and move into the 7th place deadlock as well, at 20-7.  I love the team name too, go Myles Turner!  Turning into one of my fav RCLs…

I hope everyone is looking forward to a nice holiday weekend, and we’ll catch you at the end of next week, RCL Nation!

1617-rcl-logo

1. Bye Felica says:

Queen James is getting trounced this week 2-7

@Bye Felica: My “Queen ANNthony Davis” team is getting torched too

2. Adam

Adam says:

Thanks for the props on the team name and league logo! Myles will lead me to greatness! To think I was debating between Turner and Ibaka…

@Adam: Hah well, Turner is looking great, but had a few bleh games too. That’s more about IBaka not gelling

3. Juan says:

12 team h2h standard league.

trade Embiid for Jrue holiday?
    i lack assists and 3 pointers.

@Juan: Definitely would take Holiday!

4. Joe says:

In 1st place in a 10 team roto league, 8 cat

Should I keep Chandler Parsons at this point or pick up Marcus Smart, Vinsanity, or Mo Harkless?

Here my squad

Jimmy Butler
    Gortat
    Elfrid Payton

@Joe: Def keep Parsons!

5. Quintero says:

JB,
    Appreciate if you can share some insight here on two players you don’t like, Henson and Waiters.

Henson isn’t blocking as much as he used to so far and Waiters is currently contributing across the counting stats…REL bias aside what u think about them? Thanks!

@Quintero: Ummm, it’s not that I don’t like them, it’s just I don’t trust their roles. Nice BLK thur from Henson though. And I own Henson in REL! In a vacuum I would take Waiters since he’s doing more, but both are worth temporary spots in 12ers I think

• Quintero says:

@JB Gilpin: ha, thanks mate! And I know you have Henson in REL, it’s just this REL bias really show up across are the razzball bastetball writers, sometimes it’s in the form of endowment effect, and sometimes it’s the opposite of it. It’s just mad fun reading it.

@Quintero: Hah it’s a real phenomenon!

6. spo says:

Should I drop Marcus Morris for Cody Zeller? 9 Cat H2h

@spo: Yeah Morris has really cooled off. ROS I think they’ll be close, but Zeller is hot while Morris cold, I’m OK with the swap

Is Kieff for TJones in my 14 cat roto a feasable drop? Kieff has been fine so far, but those explosions of Jones’ makes it all so damn tempting. Cant drop the red-hot Capela for him.. btw, Ithink Capela is gonna be a solid ROS guy. His ft shot is actually quite decent, and he’s fairly low volume because he basically never has the ball in his hands, except on lobs.

@Lasandro: Man he was good last night. Agree on Capela, why I ranked him fairly well. Ummm, yeah you’re a shallower league, I’m good going upside of Tjones > Kieff

8. Nishinga says:

H2H 12-Team 9-Cat.
    Should I drop Kilpatrick for RHJ or Matt Barnes? Should I start consider about dropping Nurkic as well?

@Nishinga: Hmmmm. I would debate the two Nets. Barnes is off a good game, but kinda inconsistent. I’d try to hold Nurk. Gun to my head, I think I would hold KIlpatrick

9. Drez1 says:

Hey, do you guys like Terry Rozier or Wade Baldwin better in a dynasty? Trying to decide who to stash between the two. Thanks!

@Drez1: Good one… I’ll lean Rozier since Conley is signed on that massive deal, IT2/3 is FA in 18-19

10. NameNotFound says:

Hey JB! Who do you like best ROS – RoLo, Kanter, Leuer, Saric, MBarnes(looks like he may start)? Or maybe you like PBev than all of them?

Thanks!

• NameNotFound says:

@NameNotFound: Add AGordon there, he was just dropped.

@NameNotFound: Mannnnn. A Gordon for overall upside, I like Rolo for any need for a big man, especially if youre not a FT punt

11. Everybody Loves Draymond says:

JB, 12 team H2H

When I posted my lineup after draft you thought I was way low on points and had plenty of assists. Advised that I should look to trade for a scoring big man. I’ve made a few add/drops but here’s the roster:

PG- Paul, Wall, Beverley, Sergio Rodriguez
    SG- Josh Richardson, Lou Williams
    SF- Chandler Parsons
    PF- Draymond, Millsap, Taj
    C- Len, Henson, Bismack, Noel

Roster goes PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, UTIL

Question is, would you trade Draymond for Boogie?

• Everybody Loves Draymond says:

Also, CJ Miles was dropped, use waiver to grab him instead of any of the above?

@Everybody Loves Draymond: Interesting, I like the way your PG have come together. Scoring still looks low, you need Chandler fully deployed ASAP. For your roster comp, I would def do that deal. Your FT will be a little iffy, your TO don’t take a huge hit since Dray is iffy there too. And nah, the knee injury looked bad from what I saw, I’d leave CJ out there

12. Tyler says:

Mannn starting to regret tradig capela and hood for myles turner. Please tell me i did the right move.

@Tyler: When it’s all said and done, you’re gonna love that deal. Capela is just on a hot streak

• Lasandro says:

@Tyler: Agree that Turner is the best in that deal but BOOOOO you thinkin that Capela is on some kinda hot streak! He’s not a 20pt scorer, if that’s all you’re saying. But absolutely no reason he can’t continue a 12/8 with 2blks kinda role ROS. He is THE roll-man on those picks with Harden, and is a good offensive rebounder.

• Doctor G says:

@Tyler: lol i wish someone in my league would give me Turner for Capela and Hood

@Lasandro: @Doctor G: Yeah, that’s what I’m saying Las. I still think he’s good! 12/8 2 blocks, sure thing! Last 7 he’s 13.4/9.0 2.4 blocks, so a little better than that.

13. Henry says:

Hey JB,

I need to bring crowder out from inj list, so I need to drop one of my guy at the end of bench: knight, roderigues, Marvin Williams, jokic or parsons(Iol, I know ur love for him so I guess parsons is a hold)

@Henry: Ugh, any IL spots? If your AST are good it’s Rodriguez. If no IL spots and a tough matchup… ughhhhh. I guess you can lose Parsons, but it hurts! IT HURTS!

14. Fantasy guru says:

Hello everyone.
    I can win my week by trading my batum for Ellis and muddiay.
    Your thoughts?
    Thanks

@Fantasy guru: Sorry if we missed ya! Ehhhh, I think if it helped you win this week it’s ok, especially if it’s a 1 win or 1 loss setting. But I would typically hold

15. new to this daily stuff says:

12 team h2h daily league 9 cat FG, FG% PTS, 3’S, FT%, RB,AST,ST,BLK, My team goes a s follows……… Guards —- lin, schroder, collison, p bev, t frazier,
    ….. center/foward——- tobias harris, drayman, horford, anthony davis, derrik favors, covington
    center —- tyson chandler, robin lopez

would you drop any of these guys for this new guy jonathan gibson?? thx for the help

@new to this daily stuff: Without TO, sure I think i would take a stab at him and drop Tyson.

16. Scott says:

Whats Jonathan Gibson worth in a dynasty league?

@Scott: I kinda blew my wad at him (hah!) for $52 of my FAAB in REL. In a 12er dyno though, very meh. He’s 29, so not like he’s super young

17. Dante Green says:

14-Team, 9-Cat

C.J. McCollum
    Karl-Anthony Towns
    Gordon Hayward
    Tobias Harris
    Jae Crowder
    Josh Richardson
    Maurice Harkless
    Jusuf Nurkic
    Nikola Jokic
    Markieff Morris
    Dennis Schroder

After almost a month I’m brandishing a losing record of 16-18-2.

My team is strong mainly in 3 categories: 3PM, PTS and FT%, and everything else has been mediocre. Steals took a hit with Crowder missing a handful of games and of course, if your PG1 is Schroder who’s just averaging 0.6 SPG I don’t think you will be competitive in that category. I’m gonna try and move his ass (using Kieff as a kicker) for a better point guard. Gahd, he’s been a bust. I hate him.

@Dante Green: Eh, well its better than last year with all those injuries! And yeah I can see that, good shooters, good FT guys. Hah Schroder has been a little annoying, but I wouldn’t just “give” him away. That said, for a good stealing PG, it def makes sense!

• Dante Green says:

Hah yea, last season was a disaster. And though I’m currently ranked 11th, I’m just 1.5 games behind the 6th ranked team, that’s how balanced our league is this season.

Yea, I MIGHT totally punt assists if Schroder can’t up his production in that category. My boards and blocks though.. If Maloney Baloney just finds a way to play Nurk like 26-27 minutes per night, and Joke like 24, those categories will be better. Gahd I hate Malone

@Dante Green: Oh for sure, it’s def early, all leagues are still close. Hah yeah Malone is killing the Nugs sexy upside. Trade Faried and fire Malone!

• Dante Green says:

Really running out of patience with Schroder; he was able to dish out 7 dimes, but failed to record a single steal. How patient do I still need to be?

@Dante Green: If you can deal for near draft day value then that’s fine, but not like you’re giving him away. He’s been OK!

• Dante Green says:

Hah yea, thanks bud. Happy Thanksgiving

@Dante Green: Happy tgiv!