1617-rcl-logo

Week two has wrapped, week 3 is halfway home, and the RCL picture is starting to be drawn!  Welllll, that’s not exactly true at all.  We’re still barely scratching the surface on the NBA season!  So have no fear if you started slow, add some upside guys off the wire, and turn this baby around!  I already have a team or two that needs a full 180!

Check out how your teams stacked up after week 2 in the 2016-17 RCL Master Standings Table table, and here’s some notable takeaways from the 2nd regular season week across our 23 RCL Leagues:

JB’s RCL 3: “RCL Harder” – Duuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh, duh!  Ding, ding, duh duh, ding ding!  Trying to type out the Mission Impossible theme music is tough, OK!  Our first RCL 9-0 week goes to  ImpOSHible Mission, who bested poor Sheed. in all 9 cats.  I have been doing this a long time, and I think I’ve only ONCE had a 9-0 week!  Hard to do!  But not like it was a runaway – .013% wins in both FG and FT, and only 1 TO got Mission to perfection!  The big win also propelled them to 16-2, and is our early RCL leader.  My best RCL squad so far is in this league at 14-4, so I’m gonna be coming for ya, Mission!

Take on the Jay – Two huge wins in the Jay league: 1. Cronos’s coming up oh so short of a perfect week as well, besting Boston Tea Party 8-0-1.  The only tie being blocks, but Cronos eked out wins by .003% FG%, 1 trey, and 5 rebounds.  Just needed more tea in that party, Boston!  2. Ewwwww, 8-1 win for a team calling themselves “Dick Champagne!“…  How does it stay carbonated?!  Champagne moves to 13-5, but Cronos remains the toast of the ball with a tied-for-second 15-2-1 record.

JB’s Random Commenter League – Tied with Mr. Champagne is the ferocious elbows of the Hassan’s Whitesiders!  Although not for long, the JB squad is making a comeback!  I’m currently up 5-4, but it’s going to be a battle through Sunday in several cats.

RazzBlueBalls – All alone in 4th place at 15-3 are the Nami’s Chickadees.  The team name actually makes some sense, as Nami went with all guards!  Very G and wing (I guess that fits too) lineup, but it’s working right now!

WE-GOT-A-TROPHY! – Nice 8-1 win for Hopefully not last, who with a 6-3 lead thus far this week, is looking like definitely not last!

Slim’s League – Love it!  The Slim leader is EMBIIIIIIIID at 13-5!  Laying the long stick of the law out on Slim’s RCL!  I wish you continual ascension and success, may it last over 4 hours good sir!

I hope everyone is enjoying the RCLs thus far, and good luck to your squads wrapping up week 3!  Catch you with the update next Friday!

1617-rcl-logo

1. Jeremy says:

My erection still has a 24 minutes restriction and continues to limp up in back to back sections, but it will be full blown for 35 mins at the end of the season, that I promise!

-Team EMBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

@Jeremy: Hahaha, unleash the power of embiiiiiid!!!!!

2. Pong says:

Hey guys would you trade Derozan and pg for harden in a 8 teamer that counts fts and fgs ?

@Pong: Yup I would!

• Slim

@Pong: Yeah in an 8er you always consolidate.

• Pong says:

@Slim:

Instead of that I ended up trading lavine, gallinari and love for Giannis, Ryan Anderson and mkg.

@Pong: Thats an awesome trade, especially for an 8er, nice!

• Pong says:

Hopefully this doesn’t affect my FTM and FT% too much since Gallinari was a high volume and high % guy. But I still have guys like Derozan, Hayward, PG and CP3 to anchor things.

I figured that there’s always going to be the injury scare with Gallinari, and his ceiling is somewhat capped playing with a PG like Mudiay and bigs like Jokic and Nurk. Lavine is getting a lot of minutes this year, but I can’t help but think his current value is a bit buoyed by his ridiculous 3pt shooting right now. As for Love, he’s definitely playing at a much higher level this year and has been a steal for me, but he’s going to get his DNPs down the line.

@Pong: Yeah you should be fine, with a solid rest of your roster. Giannis is just soooo valuable. Agree on your LaVine assessment and the Love DNP concerns!

3. Maverick says:

Hey just wondering if I should pick up Will Barton from the wire. I am in an 18 Team League…is he expected to match last years results? Thanks.

• Slim

@Maverick: No, he won’t match. But in an 18er for sure he should be owned.

@Maverick: @Slim: Slim = hits nail on head

• Maverick says:

@Slim: Great Feedback…
        May I ask who I should drop to allow picking up Barton?
        Barnes or Ennis?
        Thanks!!

@Maverick: Guessing M Barnes right? Either way I think it’s Ennis

• Maverick says:

@JB Gilpin: Sorry Yes M Barnes. I will drop Ennis. Thanks!

@Maverick: Any time!

4. Michael says:

hey I need some advice. I am in a 12 team roto. I was rolling in 1 st place but dropped to fifth I don’t know if I am making the right moves right now. I recently dropped bogut for korver.

pg: damian lillard, chris paul, Mathew delledova
    sg-sf: gary harris, kyle korver, Giannis antetekumpo
    sf-pf: tobais harris, Jabari parker, Terence jones, Robert Covington
    pf-c: gorgui dieng, nelens noel, cody zeller, Tyson chandler, al Jefferson, Zach Randolph

my team is doing okay, I am trying improve on 3s but what do you think of my team going forward

• Slim

@Michael: There’s alot of medicrity going on. The bigs need an upgrade. PGs are fine, wings are ok. Yeah flipping a wing for a big might help alot. Need blocks, might have to go back to Bogut as much as I hate to say that.

• Michael says:

yeah I think so to, I made a mistake dropping bogut.

@Slim: @Michael: Yeah unless Noel comes back and shocks with a huge amount of production, it’ll be tough up front. I think your scoring is decentish, I like shopping Harris or Parker for a big

5. MJC says:

Kanter or MKG ros?

• Slim

@MJC: I’ll go MKG. I don’t see Kanters minutes moving.

@MJC: @Slim: Unless a direct need for points, yeah MKG

6. Peaniece says:

Today is the day I pulled the trigger JB! Straight up traded kilpatrick for knight just cuz #yolo
    Also, what do you think are slim’s thoughts on this because I read a comment about him saying hes just absolutely done with knight. Aaaand I don’t rlly know how to call out slim. He just randomly comments on threads. I was lucky to be blessed by his presence twice in my lifetime. ^_^

• Slim

@Peaniece: Good luck with that. Yeah Knight is barely even in the rotation right now, but Kilpatrick isn’t without his own issues, low steals, poor ast:TO ratio, granted Knight isn’t doing anybetter there but he should be…

If you leave a comment on the podcast post I’m more likely to reply. Alot of times though if I don’t dissagree with JB then I won’t even bother to comment. If there’s a comment that seems like a continuation of a conversation with JB then I tend not to jump into that either. Throw my name at the very beginning of the comment and I’m sure I’ll respond.

@Peaniece: @Slim: Yeahhhhhhh, I sadly kinda like Kilpatrick more too… I like trying to buy low, but you really need an injury to Booker or E Bled for it to work.

Yeah I’ve got people from outta town so a little slow, Slim is sure to jump in when he sees me slackin too 🙂 Slim is a godsend

7. Phranque (Pronounced Frank) says:

Need some insight from the brain trust:
    This deal is on the table: MOI: The FREAK; NURKIC & WARREN
    The Swedish dude: GEORGE; HAYWARD & DIENG

I love Gianis (I planned my draft around grabbing him in the 1st R.). Too good an offer to decline?
    Thoughts? Thanks for the insights.

• Irk NO D Nowitzki says:

@Phranque (Pronounced Frank):

Honestly it is very close. It depends on what you need. With this trade you should lose much fg% and blocks and some rebounds but gain much more ft% and 3’s.

What could be the tie breaker in this decision is what you think about nurkic and warren’s roles the rest of the season compared to dieng’s.

• Slim

@Phranque (Pronounced Frank): Yeah that is really really tough. I hate giving up the best player but you get 2 top50ish to boot and Nurkic and Warren are both coming down from their strong starts. But now George has an ankle… Damn this is tough. Gorgui is coming down with KAT taking over, but Hayward looks AMAZING! Sigh… You all make this too hard sometimes. I guess if I must give an answer then I take the trade.

@Phranque (Pronounced Frank): @Irk NO D Nowitzki: @Slim: Yeah 3 top 50 guys for a top player and some ups and downs. I honestly think I’m passing though. I think you have more upside and I love Giannis too much haha. And I think Warren is legit. So that isn’t helping

8. The Gintern says:

Was offered Myles Turner for BroLo, am I taking it? Seems pretty close, BroLo should keep rounding into form especially if Kenny Asshole keeps adding mins slowly like he said he would, but if the rebounds stay low with the new jack-up-as-many-3s-as-possible strategy…. Thoughts?

16 team 9 cat roto:
    Lowry, Jrue, Joe Johnson, JRich, Jameer Nelson
    Tobias, Crowder, Parsons, Matt Barnes, ET
    Trillsap, BroLo, Vala, JaMychal

Thanks!

• The Gintern says:

@The Gintern: Woops… last spot is Kilpatrick

• Irk NO D Nowitzki says:

@The Gintern:
        You should keep Lopez because you really need points with your team.
        In the long run he should be better than Myles who is in a team that has too many mouths to feed.

• Slim

@The Gintern: Gimme Myles! The loss of 3s isn’t a big deal. You do lose some points but you gain a bunch of boards plus steals and blocks. Yeah Myles is breaking out something nasty right now. Might get into the conversation as a 1st rounder next year.

@The Gintern: @Irk NO D Nowitzki: @Slim: I think I’m keeping Brolo too. The 4 steals last night (thanks to my REL opp) throws off steals a little, blocks aren’t a huge win, I mean it’s razor close. I just think I would go Brolo

9. Irk NO D Nowitzki says:

You should keep Lopez because you really need points with your team.

@Irk NO D Nowitzki: Kinda swung that deal for me too

10. JPaul says:

Hi JB…

Right now my team is struggling…. I can’t win… on our 9CAT H2H 10 teams winner takes all per week…

KAT
    Giannis
    Millsap
    Brolo – I am proposing a trade for gobert or favors or aldridge.. if they decline its ok i will keep this guy!!!
    Bledsoe
    Rubio – Collison (this 2 players is supposed to be mine but I throw Rubio on waiver wire and get it yesterday)
    Jokic- observing until next week
    Crowder – on IL if he is ready to play i will throw either Jokic or Parsons
    Parsons-observing until next week
    JJ Barrea – from a waiver wire
    G. Dieng
    A. Bradley
    Wiggins – a great trade for my gordon… ^_^
    T. Booker – from a waiver wire..
    my team called Team Minnesota.. ^_^ bcoz of 4 players from Minnesota..

Please advise me what to do next… who will i throw incase Crowder is active..
    what drastic measure will i do? should i wait a bit more? thx JB and others please feel free to advise me… thx…

• Slim

@JPaul: 10ers are tough to win. Everyone has a good team. Nothing strikes me as a problem except for all the games missed so far. Things will definitely get better. I guess Booker can go for Crowder and Jokic is making a strong case to be dropped in a 10er. Parsons will definitely get better, I’d hold that for the long haul. But no, I don’t think a drastic move will help.

@JPaul: @Slim: Crowder back will help a ton. Parsons was always going to be a slow starter. Barea has been a good find. I like your gaurds, scoring looks pretty good… Bigs look OK. I think you just need some health and then readdress

• JPaul says:

Some one proposes me…. Gobert & Hayward for my Giannis & Jokic… should I grab it?
          We have 1 team that soooo IMBA… In just 1 week he gains 808 pts. 70 3pts. 0.519 FG and 0.859 FT.. a sure winner for every week winner takes all.. 3rd straight… deym!!! this guy…. lol

@JPaul: Naaaaa, don’t give up Giannis for that. Hah wow, that’s a huge week! But things can change fast!

11. Dante Green says:

Jurkic duo has been a pain in the ass lately. Lol

• Slim

@Dante Green: Yeah noone is winning this debate right now.

@Dante Green: @Slim: Well, I still think Razzball wins vs. the contingent pushing Jokic to top-30

12. Mcgruber says:

Terrance Jones, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, or Nikola Mirotic…. pick two rest of season in a dynasty league

@Mcgruber: I’ll take RHJ first now. I guess I’ll go Miro second, but it;s close

So as it turns out, Dangelo is a trash player to own in a 10 team 14 cat roto. Absolutely no one wants to trade for him and his inefficiency is really pulling my squad down. Hell, I’d argue that he’s not even the best guard in LAL to own! Would rather Lou Will.. but yeah, I fear that I’ll have to drop him right now.

Who should I grab between Kieff (inefficient too, but I like that his mins are being staggered to allow for more usage, and he brds well), RHJ (is the added offensive aggression legit?), or Wilson? With jrue and hopefully Lin returning soon, assists aren’t much of a need. Pls rank.

Well…. what to do about this Nurk situation? Malone seems to have really pulled back on playing the two giants at the same time. He also seems very content having Wilson out there quite a lot. I won’t drop Nurk but I’m not liking this dramatic downward trend after his blistering 15/10 type start..

• Lasandro says:

@JB Gilpin: Another big need for me are boards and I see that Tyson C has just been dropped. Should I put in a waiver to pick him up, dropping my DRuss?

I dont see myself dropping RoCo anytime soon due to the D stats, and Porter is a very solid guy to have – outside of these two, MAYBE Nurk is the potential drop for Tyson? I know D’Angelo has upside but I just dont see Walton using this guy as a #1 option this season. Whatever they’re doing right now is working too well for them..

@Lasandro: Yeah it hasn’t been a fun start, especially with the hype. Kinda wish the hype didn’t sway me a little bit, I think I had him a little lower before moving him up a little.

Yeah the luster has quickly faded off both the Denver bigs. I think I would add Kieff over Tyson or RHJ. Wait, so this add is dropping Russell? I wouldn’t drop him yet.

• Lasandro says:

@Jb gilpin: yeah I guess Dangelo and Nurk are my current drops. I thought I’d go Dangelo because I’ve got Lin, jrue, Kemba and harden on my team, so assists aren’t a thang. You think kieff over Nurk then?

• Lasandro says:

@jb gilpin: Nurk’s now been dropped for kieff. i guess this is what it feels like.. when doves cry 🙁 Cmon Malone!

So you think this scrub Dangelo is still worth rostering in a 10 teamed? Why? I’m telling you man, id be so much happier having sweet Lou instead. Those bench boys are averaging damn near the same amount of mins the starters are.

@Lasandro: Damn. Although, I can’t fault it too much. I’m OK with it. I just think the upside for the mins to climb over 30 is worth holding for that scrub D Barksdale!

• Lasandro says:

@jb gilpin: what about other 30min players still available on the wire, a la RHJ, JRich and GHarris? Hell, is likely get more value there.

To put it into perspective, I even offered the owner of Tyson a trade for DRuss.. ho said no and proceeded to drop Tyson for someone on the wire. He woulda rather done that than trade for Russell!! He’s a Lou owner too, so I guess he’s been watching how things are playing out in LAL.. this is killing me.

I just really need a solid big man. Of course have tried for Gortat, but no bueno. Could possibly try for JV.. but I fear owning him would be just as annoying. Capella, tyson and Henson are on the wire and they’re all seeming like bigger contributors to my squad that Russ.

• Lasandro says:

@jb gilpin: RoLo is available too. Question: if he plays 30 and attempts more than 10 shots again, is he worth an immediate pickup?

@Lasandro: Wowwwwww. Yeah I think there’s still upside there for Russell, I wouldn’t be bottoming out like that. Nah, not with someone like Capela out there, for Rolo to be an “immediate” add. Your league is impossible to answer questions for, too many people avail!