1617-rcl-logo

The REL season is back!  And I’m still as lazy as Brad Pitt in True Romance with paying off my YouTube bet to Nick is Razzy!  Nick, it’s coming my man!  It’s on the docket!  I have my food contest all picked out and everything…

With the season kicked off, we’re now 1.5 weeks in for our run at Hall of Fame immortality.  If you started rough, one week certainly doesn’t sink your chances at glory, and the first week of the season wasn’t even quite a full week of action…  So if you started with an L, keep your head high, and Keep Pounding!  Oh wait, that’s my real-life football team…

Check out how your teams stacked up after week 1 in the 2016-17 RCL Master Standings Table table, and here’s some notable takeaways from the 1st regular season week across our 23 RCL Leagues:

JB’s Random Commenter League – I’m bringing some weak bacon in the first-created RCL league!  Rough 2-7 loss for my FT punt team, although two games of Chris Paul was mad annoying.  We also house the overall RCL leader!  Hassan’s Whitesiders was the only RCL squad to not suffer a loss, going 8-0-1, only tying with 25 steals.  Obviously Whiteside started strong as the namesake of the squad, then the Whitesides did well by following Razzball’s advice and nabbing Elfrid (I think I got sniped there), and the big one – Avery Bradley.  I have a feeling he’s going to be an RCL-winning staple.  Our league also had My Little LeBronie go 8-1 and 3 teams go 7-2 for an epic decide in class warfare.  My team needs to get its ish together!

RazzBlueBalls – The menacing Nami’s Chickadees is off to a great 8-1 start, but the 7-2 KAT’s Out of the Bag are giving them a tough run in a 5-4 battle through Thursday’s games.  Who wins in a fight, a chickadee or a KAT?!

The Effing Catalina Wine Mixer – Our Step Brothers themed RCL, repped by your’s truly as the Boats n Hoes!!!!! squad, saw Beardy Ballers start off hot 8-1.  Not on my watch though, bruh!  I’m gonna throw all my boats and all my hoes at ya!

The Cavs Did It – QueefJames Baldspot – which I’m not sure is run by a Cavs fan or a Cavs hater… – also put together an 8-1 start, riding the coattails of Cleveland’s winning ways.  Or losing ways…  Browns are awful!

Kap vs. Razzball Round 2 – Round two of the Kappers belongs to Bryce’s Best Team thus far.  What they bring in fantasy dominance, they lack in team name creativity!  Really needs to use our Razzball Basketball Team Name Generator!  Big 8-1 start, but is locked in a 4-4 deadheat thus far in week 2, during a sophomore slump.  Needs a clever team name boost!

JB vs. Slim Year 3 – Slim narrowly bested me with his slimy ways with a 5-4 win, but it was Big Baby’s Lovechild who was the cock of the walk with an 8-1 W, in the tie for 2nd.  I just imagine this team is literally run by Glan Davis’s kid…  I sure hope it is!

BestCoast – Our final 8-1 winner, stevend’s Rad Team gets a big head start, despite repping the West Coast (West Coast I’m guessing is the best coast…?) with some creativity shortcomings.  Although I shouldn’t talk, I just call my teams “JB”!  Maybe next year I need to put the generator to good use, and people can figure out who I am with my avatar…

I hope everyone is enjoying the RCLs thus far, and good luck to your squads wrapping up week 2!  Catch you with the update next Friday!

1617-rcl-logo

1. Scott says:

Should i drop Lin, Noel, or Jackson?

@Scott: I’d be most apt to drop Noel.

2. MJC says:

Yo, what do you expect from J rich this season? Should I drop delly or mkg or Wilson chandler-who I was holding for his sat/Sunday games for stream spot?

@MJC: Good D stats, I don’t think he can replicate his crazy 2nd half shooting %s though. I’d prob lose Chandler for him, I know you’re streaming it, but could be worth it. Unless you wanna risk waiting and swap J Rich for Chandler after

• MJC says:

Thanks J Beezers. I actually could use more D stats! Perfect

• Slim

@MJC: Yeah definitely won’t shoot 52% from 3s, but he’s also going to shoot alot more.

3. NameNotFound says:

Was offered Oladipo for my Dragic. Would you accept this? I know you ranked Oladipo higher but I’m not sure about this.

Thanks!

• Slim

@NameNotFound: It’s looking like Dragic is going to be better, it looks like he’s going to get back to his PHO numbers, *pats self on back*, well not the steals since he’s older now, but he’s also taking more 3s. Oladipo looks like a wing only nowadays *pats JB on the back*, but the dstats will be significantly better than Dragic’s. I’m gonna have to call it need based, assists/FG% vs steals/blocks.

@NameNotFound: @Slim: So much patting! Agree, depends on D stats needs

4. Chase says:

As the owner of the team that got manhandled by the Whitesiders…….it was one heck of a week for his celtics players. And a horrible week for my second round pick, Brook Lopez. And somehow, I’m still happy cuz i’m a celtics fan lol 🙂 Hope the celtics win more and the Nets lose a ton this year!

@Chase: Hah all good, glad you got to see your real life team have a great start! Avery Bradley looking like a steal….

5. Jay says:

12 Team 9 cat H2h

PG Kemba, Schroder, Hill, Collison
    SG Harden, Gordon
    SF Parsons, Winslow, Marcus Morris
    PF Pau, Vucevic
    C Brolo, Nurkic

Was offered Nikola Jokic for Pau Gasol & Marcus Morris.

What do you think about this trade? Definitely worried about both of their minutes but Jokic has the potential for more right? & Marcus Morris is probably a sell high guy anyway right?

• Slim

@Jay: That’s a solid buy low for Jokic. I’d do it and I do kind of like the Jokic/Nurkic pairing. Pretty much guarantees a big game when the other has an off game.

@Jay: @Slim: Agree with Slim, nice to have both the Nugs bigs so you’ll be getting night to night value starting them both

6. Mak says:

is selling d wade high a good idea? i have him in a 9 cat h2h league and was thinking of sending some offers. who should i look to target (any position)?

• Slim

@Mak: Yes definitely. I’d go for a top-50 guy in a position of need.

@Mak: @Slim: Yeah I think so too, I dunno if you can get top 50, but I own Wade in an RCL and I’m starting to shop

7. Boldin says:

Hi JB,

My super young team is proving to be quite unstable but I will need to stick with most of the players, first, I have faith in them and, second, the free agents are not very good (16 team league).

Round Pick Player Position
    1. (7) Karl-Anthony Towns C
    2. (26) Kristaps Porzingis PF,C
    3. (39) Derrick Favors PF,C
    4. (58) Dennis Schroder PG
    5. (71) D’Angelo Russell PG
    6. (90) Jordan Clarkson PG,SG
    7. (103) Avery Bradley PG,SG
    8. (122) Justise Winslow SF,PF
    9. (135) Terrence Jones SF,PF
    10. (154) Buddy Hield SG
    11. (167) Josh Richardson SG,SF (PLACED IN IR, brought Jerami Grant)
    12. (186) JaMychal Green PF
    13. (199) Alec Burks (DROPPED FOR Trevor Booker)

Richardson will need to be taken out of the IR soon I need to drop a player, I think I should choose Jerami but Buddy Hield could also be dropped, even thugh id feel bad, I think he deserves more chances and will feel bad if he starts doing great if other player picks him up.

On the other side I was interested in players of the wire such as Nance, Powell, Muscala, Chriss, Ingram, Stephenson, Sabonis, Kaminsky, Etwaun Moore, Jeff Green, Bjelica. I like Nance progression, however I have 2 Lakers, Stephenson (very unstable in every way but he could provide some more needed assists and Chriss (only for his preseason).

What do you think?

Thanks and have a great weekend

• Slim

@Boldin: I’d hold Buddy, it should get better as the year progresses. Your blocks are fine for a 16er and you don’t really want what Grant does to your FTs. That waiver wire is better than my 12ers! E’Twaun definitely sticks out there, and yeah I would probably go with Nance next, he does look good. This team is going to destroy in a 16er.

@Boldin: @Slim: Yeah I was about to say, this team looks awesome in a 16er! And you made some great early roster moves! Yeah Nance is enticing… Agree you don’t really need Jerami’s blocks, but damn he should be owned in a 16er. I’m just not a Buddy guy, I would probably nab Nance for him. Have a good weekend!

• Boldin says:

Thanks for the praise for the team, i think its gonna get better with the weeks. I see that both of you like Nance but i still have the same problem with Richardson getting out of IR. Who you think I should drop for him?

Muchas gracias

BIGS
    KAT
    Deing
    Nurk
    Mason Plumlee
    Omri

I was offered Terrance Jones for Monta. With JRICH back and Jrue rumored to be close should I make the deal?

• Slim

@Bonzie: Nah, that’s too risky. We don’t know what we will get from Jones game to game and he’s had a rather lengthy injury history. I like adding Jones or trading a bottom of the roster guy but not Monta.

9. Bye Felica says:

Are you dropping
    MGK
    Fraizer
    Marcus Morris
    Jaylen Brown

For Terrance Jones

• Slim

@Bye Felica: Frazier or Brown since neither has season long appeal, then again neither does Jones, but yeah I’d make that move, probably losing Frazier. I don’t like how the rotation’s been going. E’Twaun playing next to Buddy, Langston getting good minutes and once Jrue returns they are all going to take a hit.

@Bye Felica: @Slim: I still dunno if I trust Jones. Big game last night of course… Yeah I would lose Brown for him too though

10. Bye Felica says:

Oh yeah btw
    My team is Queef James Bald Spot and yes it’s true… i hate the bitch ass Cavs lol

@Bye Felica: Hahaha nice!

11. Michael says:

Hey JB,

In a 14 team H2H:

Would you do a trade giving up drummond for myles turner given my current team is:

AD, wall, bledsoe, drummond, george hill, wade, crowder, bazemore, okafor, jamychal green, matt barnes, evan turner, mason plumlee

Thanks!

• Slim

@Michael: Yeah I think so. Outside of drummond it isn’t really a FT punt team. Yes you lose a fair amount of boards but you may not lose blocks again.

@Michael: @Slim: Agree, Drum doesn’t really fit and Myles does

12. Johnc says:

Where do you go to add an avatar?

• Slim

@Johnc: IT’s called “gravatar” I believe. Y! uses it too.

@Johnc: @Slim: Yeah, I’m not 100% on how it works, but if you add a gravtar to the email associated with your commenter name, it’ll work.

13. a bag of sand says:

Covington or Bazemore?
    Standard 9cat H2H
    Thx

@a bag of sand: I’ll stick with Bazemore, nice game last night

14. Slim

I think we can safely call that 4-1 Nurk, although both were getting whooped by Drummond. But these Jokic duds are getting bad, 6/6/0/1/0 on 3-9 shooting and 1 TO in 23 min. Nurk, 10/12/1/2/1 on 5-8 shooting and 4 TOs in 24 min, Nurkic is up to .526 FG% with nearly every shot at the rim. Lookin good.

Juancho wants to play so bad, he looks like that kid on the court thats always going as hard as he can but everyone just refuses to pass the ball to. Malone says he looks great in practice and I see what he means, swings the ball like he should, takes open shots when he should, he just needs more resposibility and he’s going to be a solid player. I’ve had a few offers for him in REL and I’ve been kind of dragging my feet unless I get exactly what I’m looking for. It’s getting increasingly tougher though to trade an upside guy who’s actually getting some minutes.

Talk about the return of the dead this weekend, Richardson, Harris, Hayward, Parsons, Olynyk maybe, Collison on Tues, and I’m sure I’m forgetting someone. That effects everyone of my teams with each having at least 2 guys on this list. 2 teams have both Hayward and Parsons and those 2 teams are starting to look really good right about now. We just can’t expect everyone to be their usual selves immediately, especially the guys coming back from injuries. Patience will almost certainly be rewarded.

@Slim: Yup. Jokic is looking like the biggest bust if you drafted him top-40. Unlike where we ranked him 🙂

I’ve got a lot of Parsons too, a Hayward team as well… Investing in early injured guys is working!

15. Tyler says:

Is Carroll droppable in 12ers? Other possible drop candidates I have are Jamychal and LouWill but both seem to have mins and production.

@Tyler: Yeah def dropping Carroll before those guys right now

16. Tyler says:

Should I drop JaMychal or Carroll to play Hayward from IL?

@Tyler: Sorry was a little behind! Yeah if you still can, Carroll I would drop to activate Hayward

17. Nick says:

Marvin Williams just got dropped in my league, think he turns it around? Trying to decide if I should make a play for him off waivers

@Nick: There’s no way we were expecting last season’s numbers, but he’s taking a ton of shot, just a little cold. I’m good adding him, but of course depending on who the drop is

18. Tyler says:

Hey!
    So I wanna try and trade for Whiteside or Turner and owner seems interested.
    What do you think of these trades for my team? Is this enough or too much?
    Can you rank them from best to worst as well. Appeciate it!

Option 1: Lowry + Hood for Whiteside
    Option 2: Lowry + Carroll for Whiteside
    Option 3: Lowry + G.Harris for Whiteside
    Option 4: Hayward + Carroll for Myles Turner
    Option 5: Hayward + Hood for Myles Turner
    Option 6: Hayward + G.Harris for Myles Turner

Basically want to mix and match one of Lowry/Hayward then one from Carroll,Hood,Harris to get Whiteside or Turner.

Lowry,Dragic,Hood,G.Harris,Sergio,LouWill
    Giannis,Gay,Hayward,Carroll
    Gobert, Nurkic, Capela
    IL-Tyreke

• Tyler says:

@Tyler: also would you do Hayward + Carroll for Deandre?

@Tyler: Yo! Def have good PG stats, I like this line of offers. 1. Like 2. LOVE 3. Like more than 1 4. Eh, probably fits, but like 1-3 better. 5. least fave. 6. same as 4.

I’m almost thinking you just cut Capela or try him in one of those offers, and hold on on DeAndre and not FT punt

• Tyler says:

@JB Gilpin: you think i can do away not punting Ft with nurk and gobert on my team?
          Was also thinkin dragic+nurk for whiteside or gay+nurk perhaps?
          Was initially thinking capela + one of dragic or gay but dont think thats enough.

@Tyler: Yeah I think so, I still think Nurk can get to like 70% for a while and be even better in his career. I’d be good with both those Whiteside deals if they could work!

19. Big Baby's Lovechild says:

JB, I wish the team was managed by Glen Davis’ kid, the way the kid crinkled up that paper, I’ve felt like that on many a draft day after making a terrible pick.

Alas, I’ve been using the Big Baby’s Lovechild team name for longer than Glen Davis has had a kid and am older and a heck of a lot shorter than the real Big Baby myself.

@Big Baby’s Lovechild: Hahahaha I hear ya! And yeah, I feel like I’ve seen this name before, but wasn’t sure… Thanks for playing, and nice start this yr!

• Big Baby's Lovechild says:

@JB Gilpin: Thanks. Hope this start continues!

Enjoying the H2H differences as the other comp I am in with mates is a Roto comp. Both formats are a lot of fun, just different.

By the way what’s your view on Luol Deng – I agreed with being high on him in rankings but the Lakers are keeping him in low 20’s and low usage and trusting the baby Lakers to close out games – has surprised me, but its worked a bit for them and may continue.

@Big Baby’s Lovechild: Hah for sure! Yeah H2H is fun, it’s what I’m used to. More stratgery with punting.

Hating Walton’s rotations. There should be no Swaggy P. Should be very little Ingram. I’m holding in one 12er, and just riding it while useful in 20 team REL dynasty

• Big Baby's Lovechild says:

@JB Gilpin: Thanks.

I am holding (just) in my Roto comp, and streamed him and then dropped him pretty quickly in the JB vs Slim RCL. Agree the Walton rotations are very frustrating right now.

@Big Baby’s Lovechild: Yeah I think I’ve streamed him in one or two of the RCLs as well, then cut