[Re-posting to the top! Last time, I promise! We still have spots open, and would love a few final leagues to come to the RCL battlefield. Hop on in and start up a league today! 100% free, 1,000% fun, I’m going to eat 10,000% too much!]
Chug some Pepto-Bismol, down some glasses of milk, and be sure there’s a lot of toilet paper because we’re back with the Razzball Commenter Leagues! That’s right, after embarrassingly not coming close to the RCL title last year, I burned out my insides beating a hot wings challenge for reigning champion Akron Lebrons. At least it was only a day of pain, not a month-long shaming of having High as Greg Kite shaved in my head. Well, now that I’m married, that latter one is definitely out…
And now it’s your turn to beat the best fantasy basketball community around in the RCL leagues, and immortalize your 2015-16 season with a spot in the RCL Hall of Fame! Not only does your banner fly forever, but 1st place will win a $50 Amazon gift card, along with the JB YouTube shaming video. I think the eating challenge went really well last year – after, well – the head shaving wasn’t too legible… So this time I’ll do a volume eating challenge of the winner’s choice somewhere in the NC area, but nothing disgusting! I’m not chugging a jar of mayonnaise, aight! I’m thinking 5-pound burrito, 72-oz steak, 30 happy meals… whatever you’d like! 2nd place gets a prize this year as well, with a $20 Amazon gift card.
We’re going right back to our standard head-to-head 9-cats this year (FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, STL, BLK, TO), even though Yahoo currently has H2H Pts as the default. Last year they changed this mid-preseason, so they may change it again; we’re gonna stick with 9-cat H2H. We’ll have 12-team leagues (Yahoo default – the only Yahoo default change this year is Yahoo has defaulted to 2 “IL” spots for players with the “Injured” designation, which should make streaming even more interesting) and the same easy way to track the overall winner. The top prize will go to the team that A) won their playoffs/league title and B) of the champions, had the best overall W-L-T regular season record. So to topple the RCL field, you’ve got to weather the playoffs yet have a dominant record in the regular season. This takes out any crazy logarithms, any of that technical wizardry Rudy does for baseball, and any of that math beyond 7th grade algebra that I can’t understand… Why Slim handles the numbers!
We’ll all be chasing defending champion Akron Lebrons, so come one, come all, and start up an official RCL Hoops league today!
TO CREATE A LEAGUE
- Create a league in Yahoo using this link.
- Type in your league name.
- Change League Type to “Head-to-Head” (changing it off from “Head-to-Head – Points”) from the drop down menu.
- Set your Draft Date/Time (leave draft as “Live Standard Draft”). (NOTE – you must keep your original draft time the same or have unanimous agreement to change the date once your league is set to ensure everyone that has signed up for your league can make the draft.)
- Click Finish.
- After completed, ***Make your league public*** (click “Commissioner” – Edit League Settings [3rd link down under “League Management”] – then scroll down to “Make League Publicly Viewable” – “Yes”)
- Add the league info to the Spreadsheet (which you see below). You can’t add into the spreadsheet directly in the post, you have to go through that Spreadsheet link. To get your link to allow RCLers to join your league, click “Commissioner” – “Invites Settings” – (scroll to the bottom) – Invite URL. Copy and Paste that link in Column G of the spreadsheet.
- Update how many spots are filled as frequently as you can and enjoy your RCL League!
TO JOIN A LEAGUE
- Click the Link of the league you’d like to join in the spreadsheet below and create your team. That’s it!
I’ve already got my JB’s Random Commenter League ready to be joined, so good luck in RCL action this year and we’re looking forward to a big 2015-16! If you have any questions/comments for setting up or joining, shoot your comments below. Or if you have RCL questions for me via e-mail, hit me up at [email protected] Thanks for playing in the 15-16 RCLs!