REL BasketballBIG

None of this “wait until the home opener next season” ish, we hang the gold jersey on the rafters right away in the REL!  Congrats to I Ain’t No Jok(ic), winning their first REL title after not making the playoffs and rebuilding the first two seasons.  Playoff experience is overrated!  3 years are now in the books, and we have 3 different champions.  No “dynasty” team yet!  Good luck to everyone in their offseason dynasty prep, as we all look forward to competing for 16-17 titles in our dynasty leagues.  I want that golden jersey dammit!  Here’s how the finals went down in the REL:

RAZZBALL ELITE LEAGUE

Finals:

4th seed I Ain’t No Jok(ic) DEF (5-3-1) 2nd seed Slim – Razzball

I Ain’t No Jok(ic): Yeah Baby!! Victory is mine!

I Ain’t No Jok(ic) will now live on forever. That feels good. Damn good! Is my jersey on the REL Banner yet JB? Let’s get this done!  [editor’s note – you really doubted me?!]

It was another tough matchup that came down to the final day, in the end though I managed to knock Slim off to complete a great season. Both teams suffered from DNP-REST and injuries all week, so I think those ended up being fairly even overall. Somehow my guys won turnovers again, and once again percentages were my friend as I won both FG% and FT%. Oh yeah, and my guys also managed to put up an epic rebound number which was 3 off of the all time single week record with 336, despite missing Nerlens Noel all week. Oh, and that all-time record that they just missed? That was set by my team in week 16 earlier this year. Shout out to Slim though, who did set the all-time record for most assists in a week with an amazing 200! Well done sir. And thanks for a great championship matchup Slim!

Looking ahead to next year now. While I did trade away a solid keeper in Porter in order to make this run to the championship (as well as a $1 DMo earlier in the year), other than that I didn’t sacrifice the future for this year. I should still be able to return a core of George, Oladipo, Noel, Middleton, Aaron Gordon, Jonas, DeRozan, Carroll, Jokic, and Schroder. Throw in possibly Tim Hardaway and WCS and I should be competing for a title again next year. On the downside I doubt I can afford to keep Batum, and Ibaka is way too pricey for what he brought to the table. I also will be pretty capped out so there won’t be any flashy draft picks next year unless something changes, but I’m okay with that as all my guys are young and improving.

Thanks for a great season guys, and I’ll be looking forward to trying to be the first to successfully defend the title next year!

1. A Hill O'Beans says:

Thanks JB, all over that banner I see. I shouldn’t have doubted you, haha.

@A Hill O’Beans: Never doubt my photoshopping expediency! Ha. Congrats again man!

2. Rob says:

Congrats on a well earned victory!

Damn you are going to be really tough next year and for a while going forth. Good job on building your team the last three years.

Looking forward to next year.

@Rob: Yeah his team looks pretty scary. … It’s no Jokic!

• A Hill O'Beans says:

@Rob: Thanks Rob, appreciate it. I’m already looking forward to next year!

3. Lior says:

Great job Mr Green! See you next year in the commenters REL!

• A Hill O'Beans says:

@Lior: Thanks Lior! And congrats again on the Commenters REL title, well done.

@Lior: @A Hill O’Beans: I want to be invited to the REL Champ club 🙁

• A Hill O'Beans says:

@JB Gilpin: Be honest JB, have you already got a version of that REL banner created with your Jersey on it somewhere? Just in case.

Oh, and I’ll bring you as my plus one whenever we have our annual party JB. Don’t worry I got you!

@A Hill O’Beans: Haha nah… Well… Hah jk, nah… Thanks man, I’ll be your hot date, don’t you worry!

4. Threekola says:

JB…I wanted to write a long warm thank you speech to both you and Slim for the help this season, but let’s keep it short.

Using your ranks, this was the team I drafted:

Chris Paul
    Paul Millsap
    Draymond Green
    Al Horford
    Derrick Favors
    Elfird Payton
    Goran Dragic
    Danilo Gallinari
    Tyson Chandler
    Myles Turner
    Deron Williams
    Wesley Matthews
    Aaron Gordon

In that order. So, sure, a few didn’t work out. The rookies didn’t get PT, some people just inexplicably played like ass, *cough* dragic payton tyson *cough*, but it’s all good. You know why? Because of TRADESSSS BABY. Yes, I had to do a lottt of arguing and hustling, but with you guys’ help and advice on trades, and a few drops and pickups, I ended the year with this team:

Chris Paul
    Kevin Durant
    Karl-Anthony Towns
    Klay Thompson
    Rudy Gobert
    Victor Oladipo
    Monta Ellis
    Jonas Valanciunas
    Gary Harris
    Darren Collison
    Avery Bradley
    Ed davis (stream)
    Jeff Green (stream)

Look at that transformation. Here are all the trades that went down:

1) Draymond green + D-Will for PG13 and Tony Parker

^this doesn’t seem great…but I flipped PG13….see below.

2)Traded Paul George, Goran Dragic, and Terrence Jones (lol) for Kevin Durant baby!

^this trade was amazing and KD is my baby, dude had a month of 50% 90% 4 threes, 32-12-7 1 steal 2 blocks, just stupid good

3) Traded Derrick Favors and Tony Parker for Rudy Gobert and Victor Oladipo

^This was when Favors was at his best pre-injury, and Tony was playing well because no fatigue yet. It was also when Rudy was just 1 week into his 6-week timetable of an injury, and Oladipo was still coming off the bench and barely producing. To say the least, I took advantage of the moment.

4) Traded Al Horford and Darren Collison for Klay Thompson and Jonas Valanciunas

^It doesn’t seem amazing now, but here is what the situation was. The owner I traded with told me he wants to do it but he’ll probably end up dropping collison if he doesn’t produce. This was during Collison’s 25 mpg days. I needed the scoring and threes form Klay, and didn’t need assists from Horford, so Val wasn’t a terrible subtitution. I did the trade, and surely enough, in 3-4 days, I see he drops Colly, and I pick him back up. I knew Rondo would break down eventually as he was slowing down. Colly’s role grew and that’s all she wrote, I stuck with him for the year. This trade helped me tons, especially because Klay went off late in the year.

5) Traded Paul Millsap and Al Farouq Aminu for Karl-Anthony Towns and Monta Ellis

^This trade was the cherry on top to completing my team. It took a lot of arguing and convincing, but I got it done. I knew I should do it but I asked JB on his thoughts just to confirm. He gave me the green light, and boy were you right on Towns. Millsap with a decline in production and Towns with an incline. (How about Towns’ 11-21-9-1-3 line to finish the season? Hah.) Yeah, Monta is inconsistent, but his defensive stats are as consistent as they come. Can always rely on him for a couple steals and a block every other game with some point guard-like production.

Worthwhile waiver pickup of the year:

Gary Harris! Shoutout to Slim. Picked him up the second I lost Gallo, beasted. Amazing efficiency to top off his solid production.

Now, y’all didn’t think I’d write you all this shit without a W did you? That’s right! 1st place baby! Can’t wait till next year and thanks for everything boys!

So, will there be anything NBA related for the next few months? Maybe some early ranks or something?

Thanks again and much love, Cheers,

Threekola

@Threekola: Damn, quite the face lift! That’s how to win a league right there! That KAT trade was def highway robbery haha. Congrats on the title my man! Of course! I do “way too early ranks” 1-50 every season right when it wraps, prob mid-to-late April with all of those, then Slim and I mock the NBA draft, we’ll have Pods, we won’t leave ya hangin thats for sure!

• Threekola says:

@JB Gilpin: Alright my brotha, sounds good, and can’t wait for those early ranks! I’ll do my top 50 to compare XD

@Threekola: Hah cool sounds good!

5. Threekola says:

“Let’s keep this short” he says.

@Threekola: Hah longer the comment means more the love!

Congrats @A Hill O’Beans – well deserved man! Here’s to next season

@Lasandro: Cheers!

• A Hill O'Beans says:

@Lasandro: Thanks man, it wasn’t easy that’s for sure.

7. Bye Felica says:

You went harder in the paint than me.
    Congrats and thank you for beating adam for me! Haha

Payback for barely beating me in the RCL last year Adam

@Bye Felica: Street justice!