The 2015-16 NBA Season is now over! Well, the regular season that is, the playoffs still have another 3 months of basketball going on, but that’s another issue…  On today’s show we of course recap the Warriors breaking the record and winning 73 behind Curry’s 402 3PTM on the season, Kobe Bryant’s 60 Pts in his final NBA game, and the biggest storyline of all – Jordan McRae scoring 36 Pts!  Hah, I keed…  We also take a look at final rankings numbers with the book closed on the regular season, and interestingly have very little debate on my Top 10 Way Too Early Rankings.  As we wrap, we preview the upcoming offseason content we’ll be posting, then of course thank everyone that helped make this year at Razzball Basketball our biggest year yet in comments, page views, etc.  Thanks so much Razzball Nation for an amazing season!

Download in iTunes

1. Marc says:

Hey guys,
    thanks for the awesome job all-season long!
    My league has a thing of making predictions for the nba playoffs and the winner gets a top-6 protected pick in next year’s draft. I’m still thinking on some of the matchups and was wondering what would be your projections…
    For now, mine are warriors in 4, cavs in 6, toronto in 6, spurs in 4, miami in 7, okc in 5, boston in 7? and clippers in 6

@Marc: Appreciate it man, thanks for listening! Whoa that’s an awesome rule! I like Cavs in 5, Clips in 5, I think those are near-sweeps. But yeah, that Hawks Celtics one is the toughest. I’m gonna lean Hawks in 7

2. Alex says:

Thanks and good job guys. Made my commute to work much more enjoyable, and helped me stay awake as well.

BTW you guys forgot to thank Kobe

@Alex: Thanks man, really appreciate it! We’ll still have the show up for morning just record the night before 🙂

Hahaha you’re right, we shoulda thanked him for a lot of fun talking points on the yr!

3. Adam

Adam says:

Haha, the bet was between Matty and I. I believe it was whether he finished inside or outside the top 12 based on basketball monster rankings, and technically I won with a 9th overall finish. https://basketballmonster.com/PlayerRankings.aspx

I do think the drop off comes this coming year though.

@Adam: Hah I thought Matty was bolder than that! But yeah if BBM has him there, you def won. I think I’m gonna have LeBron 15ish…

• Adam

Adam says:

@JB Gilpin: Sounds about right for next year. I doubt he drops too far though because he’s really the only playmaker on the Cavs.

Btw I think it’ll be Spurs and Celtics in the finals… It’s a bit of a longshot, but the Spurs are a touch better in a few different metrics. I firmly believe they’re the best team in the west, especially since they’re well rested, and the dubs looked gassed at the end. The Celtics have really made it rough on the Cavs in their matchups this year. They have a great young core, that is great defensively, and I think they can just outlast an older Cavs team. Just a hunch.

• Adam

Adam says:

@JB Gilpin: Also, Matty’s bold prediction was that LBJ wouldn’t be top 20, but I believe the bet was top 12 or 15.

@Adam: Yeah he’ll still be usable, and despite the DNP Rests, he’s been fairly durable. Hah, well Spurs I think have a good shot, but I dunno about the Celtics… Would be nuts if they went to the finals with all those picks!

Yeah that sounds about right. Matty wasn’t too wrong with the overall point though!

• Adam

Adam says:

@JB Gilpin: I think the Cavs are the favorites for sure, but the Raptors and Hawks just don’t seem to have their act together.. It’ll be interesting for sure! My heart says that the Westbrook will drag the thunder to a ring, but the Spurs just look so damn good.

@Adam: Yeah I don’t think either make it to ECF for sure. Damn that would be crazy for OKC, beat Spurs, then Warriors, then prob Cavs?! Would be epic!

4. Steve Stevenson says:

Playoff auction tonight, need to fill 1G, 2F and 2 Flex spots. Roster so far is LeBron, DeAndre, Lillard and IT2. Best available are:

G – DeRozan, Parker, Wade, Ginobili, McCollum, Harden and the scrubs on the great teams (Livingston, Danny Green, Shump, etc.)
    F – Aldridge, Duncan, Barnes, Iggy, Millsap, Deng, J. Johnson and scrubs (Frye, JR Smith, etc)
    C – Bogut, Kanter, scrubs on good teams (Adams, Ezeli) and good guys on 1-and-done teams (Drummond, Howard)

Who would you be targeting in the auction? Is Bosh worth considering as an end of bench guy on the off chance he returns?

@Steve Stevenson: Mehhhh nah I highly doubt I would risk Bosh. Guessing rosters are for whole playoffs, I think Aldridge sticks out the most to me

5. decaf says:

Hi Razzball,

I won our Roto League, without making a single trade the entire season. 🙂

That means my auction draft really went well, and I have you guys to thank for that. The brunt of my research was during the off-season a month before the draft, and you guys killed it by being the earliest with the lists and being consistent in responding to questions.

I didn’t make the playoffs in my other H2H league, but that’s because a few picks didn’t pan out (Gobert, T. Jones). I also didn’t punt any stats, which I may change this next season, just for fun.

So thanks again, JB/Slim, for a job well done! ^_^

@decaf: Hell yeah, awesome man! Yup we def try to get our ranks 1-200 out there before the end of August, mostly so other sites/ranks don’t mess with my thoughts haha.

Thanks man, can’t wait for 16-17!

6. MAC says:

RAZZUP GUYS?!!!

since fantasy season finished, ive had the time again to comment here. hehe. looking forward to ur rankings man. u guys do a great job and i learn a lot of stuff every season. anyways, where do u see bledsoe in ranks? im a big PG fan and i get them early and often in any build. well except for punt asst obviuosly. u still like ur rubio? hehe.

@MAC: Razzup! Hah there’s always time to comment! And appreciate that man! Bledsoe is gonna be 25-30, he barely didn’t make my top 25 cut. Hah def still love my Rubio, look at that top 25 finish! And was healthy! Probably staying at about the same rank for me at 45-50 🙂

• MAC says:

@JB Gilpin: bledsoe at that range? man its gonna be tough to draft him but at the same time i can see why he should be there. maybe hes after IT2 and kyrie in the ranks, above oladipo, mccollum, rubio. its just that its always the knees with him.

@MAC: Yup, I mean he had the surgery so he could be the same player, and his upside is still top-20, so the risk sinks him to 25-30. I dunno, it’s a real close battle with IT2/3 (team construct) and Kyrie (DNPs, team construct again)… I gotta think about that one!

• MAC says:

@JB Gilpin: yah man! no question bout eric “mini lebron” bledose upside, we all “witnessed” it this season for 31 games. but another season ending knee injury. meeeen! but as the pattern with him, its every other season we get a full season out of him. so it might be wise to gamble on bledsoe next season. hehe.

how bout Jrue? i mean, just looked at his stats, and to my surprised he actually played 65 games! nyc per minutes stats. and its not like his season ended due to his legs. i think it was a facial fracture. i might be high on him next season if his ranking ends up at around 60-70 range.

@MAC: I know man, injuries are killer! It’s so tough trying to figure em out, but look at KD last year… A lot of people avoided for fear of the foot again.

Yeah I’m gonna have to like Jrue. Unlike Beal, who had the leg thing come up YET again, it seemed to go away. Still a little risky, but I imagine I’ll have him 50ish

• MAC says:

@JB Gilpin: yah man, KD fell in the middle 1st round in a lot of leagues. he did miss a couple of weeks early with the foot. but all in all, i think the gamble on him was a success, considering where u got him.

beal is definitely on my cant draft list. unless he falls in the ranks, maybe in the 90s. would rather have garry harris. hehe

@MAC: Oh for sure! KD was gold.

Yeah I can’t touch Beal either. Hahaha can’t blame ya there!