Now through two weeks, and Martyball – IFBL is trying to show off his utter eliteness with another ridiculous victory, giving him a 15-2-1 record to start the year.  “Augustus, save some for later!”  Marty’s got an exceedingly deep team, so everyone on his roster is going to have stats McFly.  Big matchup this week as the Barking BassetHounds at 12-6 will try to take Marty down a peg or two.  Barking is gonna rock out and on Sunday exclaim, “I guess you weren’t ready for that yet!”  Here’s how everything else shook out in the Razzball Elite League for Week 2:

1. Martyball – IFBL  (15-2-1)

FAAB Remaining: $84  FAAB Moves this week: Luc Richard Mbah a Moute ($16)

2. Scurry to the Left  (14-4-0)

FAAB Remaining: $100  FAAB Moves this week: n/a

3. Curry burns my ass!!  (13-4-1)

FAAB Remaining: $100  FAAB Moves this week: n/a

Somehow managed to pull out another successful week, winning 6-2, tying steals with Curry stealing five. I’m trying not to get too misguided thinking I have a chance in this league, this year, with this team. I was fortunate enough to face a team ravaged by injuries. I again wasn’t active in free agency, still trying to see what kind of team I have. I face a team with more healthy stars this week, so I will see what my team is actually made of. I imagine in the next week or two, I will decide which way I go with this season, whether I trade off some youth, or trade my stars. I will enjoy my brief stay in the upper half of the league for now.

4. Breaking Batum  (12-5-1)

FAAB Remaining: $100  FAAB Moves this week: Nick Collison ($0)

We definitely snapped victory from the jaws of defeat this week. We were down 7-2 most of the week, including Sundaymorning, to High as Greg Kite. We were able to catch and pass him in every close category for a 6-3 win. We were even happier with the win as Rose missed 3 games and Noah missed 2.

FAAB bidding this week was a different story. We were outbid by $2 on Lamb (hey Ben want to make a trade?), then lost the tie-breaker for Landry, finally settling on Collison. He should do better than Bazemore, and will help with the big man stats/eligibility. So it’s not a total loss.

We have a ton of depth, so the goal is to make a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 trade in the next couple of weeks. If you have any interest in that kind of deal, send us a message and we can try to work it out. Otherwise good luck to everyone (except Daniel, our opponent) next week!

5. JB Gilpin – Razzball  (12-6-0)

FAAB Remaining: $89  FAAB Moves this week: Beno Udrih ($2)

Well, this past week was a little ridiculous.  So much going on!  First let’s start with the waiver wire uproar I started by dropping Jeremy Lamb.  Of course, had I known he’d be back by last Friday, I woulda held.  But the back injury scared me, and I thought he’d be out until everyone was getting back.  He may be getting huge minutes now, but all those wings are returning soon (Roberson, Jones, Morrow), on top of Durant down the road, so I don’t see much value, and 3PTM are the least important stat to me, so at least $45 go cleared off the books in FAABing.

A nice 7-2 win over RotoGold, but it came at a horrific price.  Arguably the most important player on my squad is lost for at least a month as Ricky Rubio’s foot went the opposite way of his body.  Devastating blow, and probably cost me the golden 8-1 win as I lost steals by 3.  Not that I’m complaining!

And finally the first trade of the year went through, as I dealt DeMarre Carroll and Khris Middleton for Josh Smith.  Everyone knows I bash Smoove, but my FG% is likely to lose most weeks and I’ve got a very TO prone squad as it is.  So I’ll take the hits there as I desperately need to boost steals and assists with no Rubio, and need one more blocker.  FT% is the killer though, I’ve won it the first two weeks, but not by huge margins even though no one on my team is a FT drain.  My hope is that by the weekend several weeks, I’ll know my fate in Pts/Reb/Ast/Stl/Blk and can sit Smith if I need to run at %s or TO.

As mentioned above, no Rubio means I’m desperate for dimes, and Udrih will get two more weeks as the primary backup to Mike Conley before Nick Calathes returns from suspension.  Conley is dealing with a sore ankle, so I think Udrih will give me some decent minutes for a couple weeks and then I’ll move on.  2.7 APG may not seem like much, but in the REL it’s enough!

6. Barking BassetHounds  (12-6-0)

FAAB Remaining: $74  FAAB Moves this week: n/a

7. SethDaSportsMan  (10-8-0)

FAAB Remaining: $61  FAAB Moves this week: Leandro Barbosa ($5)

8. Hoopus Alleyoopus  (10-8-0)

FAAB Remaining: $82 FAAB Moves this week: Carl Landry ($18)

9. Pete Nice – Razzball  (9-9-0)

FAAB Remaining: $95  FAAB Moves this week: n/a

It’s starting to look a lot like 2013! That was back when the injury bug hit Pete Nice’s crew hard, which led us to go into full-on tank mode (which I later found out was pointless). Anyhow, despite a roster ravaged by absences, including Dwight Howard catching the clap I MEAN the flu, Klay Thompson dinging up his hand, Jerami Grant still out with a bum ankle, Archie Goodwin never playing, Jimmer Fredette never playing and playing poorly when he does, and Dario Saric goin’ wild abroad until who knows when, we came away with a 6-3 win. Chris Copeland and Trevor Booker have been key additions this year, and Reggie Evans is actually contributing something other than rebounds and a killer Amish guy impersonation. Whiffed on Jeremy Lamb by $32. Bummer.

10. The Nature Boy  (8-10-0)

FAAB Remaining: $100  FAAB Moves this week: n/a

11. High as Greg Kite  (8-10-0)

FAAB Remaining: $86  FAAB Moves this week: n/a

12. ChazTop–KevinBottom  (8-10-0)

FAAB Remaining: $100  FAAB Moves this week: n/a

13. Slim – Razzball  (7-10-1)

FAAB Remaining: $95  FAAB Moves this week: Kevin Seraphin ($5)

Phew, I needed a good win after my week 1 shellacking.  Granted the team I was playing is crushed by injuries but still, I’ll take it.

PG play was solid.  The Omen, Damian Lillard, by far my best player, is off to a slow start but he easily paced my team this week.  Reggie Jackson, who I believe is the 6th member of the Jackson 5, showed why I’ve been so high on him for so long.  My 3rd PG is DJ Augustin and even though his minutes are fluctuating, in a league this deep 24 MPG are plenty.  MY 4th PG is Patrick Beverley and it’s going to be another week before I get anything out of him.  Even with the poisonous Pat Bev Devoe down this group is still my biggest strength.

The wings were simply OK.  Alec Burks and Terrence Ross are my best and this week they showed why.  Burks was particularly good as my number 3 scorer and assist guy.  Andrew Wiggins still has a long way to go before his $38 price tag can be justified.  He chipped in a little bit of everything though and I’m not at all interested in selling him.  Unfortunately Corey Brewer is playing off the bench now but his minutes are fine and the steals are still there, he should still be a very valuable member of my team.  Then there’s my pair of Suns, Marcus Morris and P.J. Tucker.  Both are getting plenty of minutes and responding with across the board production and both should easily outperform their $1 and $5 price tags.  Finally there’s my kids, Rodney Hood and Cleanthony Early.  Hood was playing well but now he’s hurt and will miss time.  Darn.  Early has worked his way into the rotation and has responded well.  I’m still expecting no less than a 20 minutes role from both, this year.  I’d sell them both though if I could get a decent piece to help me now.

And my teams biggest weakness, the bigs.  The Larry Sanders show looks good with boards, steals, and blocks, everything I wanted from him.  My #2 center is Steven Adams.  I think the kid is going to be really good but he isn’t blocking shots and I’m a little concerned he might top out at only 1.0 per game.  Amir Johnson is next but he just can’t stay healthy, I just can’t afford DNPs from my bigs but there’s nothing I can do about it.  Speaking of DNPs, Hickson returns and Jusuf Nurkic doesn’t get off the bench.  Frustrating to say the least but he’s the future there, he’ll get his minutes eventually.  It would take an impressive haul to steal him away from me.  Adreian Payne on the other hand hasn’t looked good since leaving Michigan State and can’t seem to shake his current injury.  I gave him up for Kevin Seraphin.  I know, not a sexy name but it looks like he’s the 1st big off the bench, playing behind 2 guys with lengthy injury histories.  Give me 20 minutes and I’m happy, but like everyone I pick up there’s potential for more.

14. Team Tough Guy Town  (7-10-1)

FAAB Remaining: $100  FAAB Moves this week: n/a

15. Mr. Green – Nowhere  (6-11-1)

FAAB Remaining: $68  FAAB Moves this week: n/a

16. Cigar Smoking Monkey  (6-12-0)

FAAB Remaining: $100  FAAB Moves this week: n/a

17. Ben – RotoGold  (6-12-0)

FAAB Remaining: $55  FAAB Moves this week: Jeremy Lamb ($45)

18. The Struggle is Real  (5-13-0)

FAAB Remaining: $100  FAAB Moves this week: n/a

19. Kap’s Team  (5-13-0)

FAAB Remaining: $99  FAAB Moves this week: n/a

20. Like A Josh – IFBL  (4-14-0)

FAAB Remaining: $85  FAAB Moves this week: n/a

1. spo says:

Should I drop Iguodala for Lamb? Wilson Chandler, Foye, Gerald Green, E. Gordon are also available

@spo: ehhhh I probably wouldn’t, can you stream the spot? One guy playing every day is better than any one of that group

• spo says:

Not 100% on what stream is but I think I have a little idea. I have 4 moves a week and its a days delay until they get onto my lineup

@spo: Ok cool, yeah some leagues you have unlimited moves, so every day you can “stream” that spot. Since you can make moves pretty regularly, I’d grab Lamb short term but be ready to move on

2. Bobby says:

Being offered Love and Oladipo for CP3…what do you think??? 9-Cat roto league…

@Bobby: It seems like a decent offer, and Love is a little better for roto… I dunno though, gut is telling me no, very close

3. Hamtime says:

Lavine or kanter in a 14 man? If only kanter blocked or stole… Do you see him solidifying his role or is there still a chance trevor or Rudy take his job? On the flip side, lavine is intriguing due to his starting role and athleticism. Just worried it’ll be too temporary.

@Hamtime: Eeesh that one is close. Booker didn’t get the run i thought he would last couple games… I’d probably go with Lavine unless only needing Pts/Reb

4. Lawson says:

How are you doing?
    Should I drop Copeland for Solomon Hill, I also have Fournier and I will consider some player with more whole-season potential. You guys were very high on Hollis but I didnt really feel it…McLemore, Jack, Exum or Morrow…
    Thanks for your advice in advance!

@Lawson: Good man thanks! And yourself?

Very high on… Hollis Thompson? I dunno if I was that big on him but he’s decent. I may be putting too many eggs in the Exum basket, but there might no be a worse NBA starting PG than Trye Burke, so an opportunity is there and def fits the whole-season potential scope well. Any time man!

5. Know One says:

Hey Guys! Team is not looking good right now. (KD and Rubio both out) Should I drop KCP or Tucker for Exum? My team –
    (18 teams, weekly H2H)
    PG – Collison
    SG – Tucker
    SF – Draymond Green
    PF – Millsap
    C – Gortat
    UTIL – Faried
    UTIL – Frye
    Be – KCP
    Be – Adams
    Be – Rubio
    IR – Durant

Also, is it time to sell Draymond Green? Who are the possible targets?
    Thank you!

@Know One: 18 teams, nah I want KCP and Tucker. Yeah Rubio injury kills ya, def need a PG. Green for… Elfrid Payton?

6. Aiden says:

Hey JB

I need to boost FG%, AST, and points.

Rodney Stuckey, D.J. Augustin, Hinrich, Mike Scott is on waiver. Would you take any of them for Nelson or Iggy or Ginobli?

I can’t really complain with Nelson’s 11/2/5/1/0 and 10/2/3/1/0 last 2 games. Is he going to take a huge hit once Felton comes back? hmm..

Iggy 1 point last night? WTF was that? I lost my point total by 2 points. Only if Iggy scored 3 more points…am I asking too much??

@Aiden: Well first off, nah I don’t think Nelson takes a big hit, but not much to hit! Haha. Oh man, rough for Iggy! Wow, that blows. Ummmm, Augustin is close, finished out tonight’s game, but I probably would stand pat. Augustin hurts FG% too.

7. A Hill O' Beans says:

You guys seen much of the Hawks lately? Schroder getting some run lately and looking good. The kid is like a glove on D guarding his man and he’s insanely quick. I never really caughtbany games where he got run last year, but he looks impressive, even if the stats aren’t there yet necessarily.

On a side note, may I never have to listen to another game with Walt Frazier doing color. OMFG! Of course without him I wouldn’t know that Teague is leading the Hawks in “dishing and swishing”, or when someone is pontificating……so……umm……..yeah.

@A Hill O’ Beans: Yeah I saw a little bit of him last year and was impressed as well. But they went to Mack. Still think when Teague is on, it’ll be tough for Schroder to stay valuable. Haha poor Frazier, lost that Just for Men promotional deal and losing it on TV…

• A Hill O' Beans says:

@JB Gilpin: Yeah, in standard leagues it’ll take an injury for Schroeder to be worth owning, although somehow the 3 games prior to this have him as a top 90 player already. Top 70(?) after tonight maybe.

Now in a really deep league he’s already got good value……say in the REL for example. He clearly outplayed Teague tonight, and surprisingly the coach actually let him close out the (close) game, where he scored 12 of his 14 points. Considering where he was a week ago even, things are looking up for him in a big way.

On the opposite side of the scale, Trey Burke. Ughh. I guess the bright side is he had a season high in assists tonight…

@A Hill O’ Beans: Eh, just a mirage. REL, yeah for sure, I’d be ecstatic to have him. Things can change that fast!

Yeah I just finished the update for tomo morning that’ll be up in like an hour, and yeah, so frustrating after pumping up Exum. Such a bad team.

8. hamtime says:

Have mo will but looking to drop him for: lavine (strictly for upside), mason plumlee, ed davis, o’quinn, kanter, or gobert. hunting for boards, blocks, and good %s.

@hamtime: I’ll take Davis, wish a little more minutes were there, but being pretty consistent

9. LightSpeed says:

trade question Ryan Anderson for Josh Smith 10 team 10 catg(dd), i need help in both blk and 3s. just based on value should i accept this deal. i sense smith has more value due to the fact that its harder to obtain blk than 3s in the waiver wire.

@LightSpeed: Yeah while true, Smith kills your %s and TO, I would take Anderson I think, but pretty close, Anderson is a little inconsistent.

10. AJ says:

Thoughts on trading Gordon Hayward/Dirk for Cp3, too much? Which side u got? Thanks

@AJ: Nah I’d take CP3 with the premium on those nice assists, I think it’s a fair trade for both sides!

11. Tyler says:

Should I trade cp3 and horford or brolo for anthony davis?
    Is it worth it? My remaining PGs will be rubio jrue and beverley then i might stash george hill.. Do I do this and get the #1 fantasy beast?

@Tyler: Yup I would! Worth pretty much any big trade, if you can swing CP3+Brolo for him, that’d be unreal

12. JJ says:

Who is a better add Bogdanovic or Hickson? My team is weak and I’m trying to drop Eric Gordon and/or Shawne Williams

Dragic