RCL LogoIt’s championship week baby!

144 teams entered, only 24 remain, and we’re less than a week away from crowning the 2014-15 RCL Champion.  And the champion will be a…  champion (?) of endurance!  Navigating these DNPs, injuries, and tanking teams have driven many-a-fantasy-player to neurosis!  So may the healthiest and strongest, and well – sanest team prevail!

Check out how your teams stacked up in the final 2014-15 RCL Master Standings table, and here’s how the finals will look across our 12 RCL Leagues:

JB’s Random Commenter LeagueJooooooonnnnaassss came into the playoffs one of the hottest teams, knocked off the #3 seed (me) then dismantled #2 seed #Occupy DGreen to try and win the league title as a 6.  Cinderella story!  And 4th place Hayward Ginobili advanced past Metal Face Doom to make it a 4 vs. 6 final.  Upset central during March Madness!

EmasculatingHoopsLozengesRCL – #3 seed Cronos’s Team will face 4th seed Hibbert Forever in another final with no #1 or #2.  The bye week is a curse!  Both teams aren’t carrying too many injuries, but a concussion for Rudy Gay might keep Cronos from donning the gay apparel!

Slim’s RCL – Finally, a bye week team advancing!  And who other than our own Slim – Razzball moving on to play 6th seed Hibbert Forever.  David vs. Goliath!  Slim advanced even without Whiteside, and may have to stream out Schroder’s spot.  But other than that, how the hell do you have a healthy team Slim?!

Hoops fanatics only leagueMedley has been strong all year, and advances from the #2 spot to take on #4 Super Splash Bros in the final.  I like you Medley, but man sick logo from Super Splash Bros and owns both of them!  Unlike that Hinrich Maneuver in the RCLs this year, not owning Kirk Hinrich…. For shame!

Razzball League Awesome – Another league with no bye week contenders!  3rd seed dan’s buzzer beaters advanced alongside #5 02NBAChampsSacKings,  Vlade Divac leading the champs to victory!  Whoa, I need to get on my history, didn’t know those playoffs were part of the Tim Donaghy fix!  Crazy…  Well, let’s hope he’s not secretly a Yahoo programmer from his prison cell!

Take On The Jay(Wrong) – RCL final of the year!  This one is going to be an absolute slugfest with 1st place Pops’s Team vs. #2 seed My dog Lucy.  On the overall leaderboard, #2 overall vs. #4 overall.  Unfortunately for the field, it limits the chances for an RCL title to anyone below 4.  Way to ruin it guys!  And dogs!

JB vs. Slimrazzball rookie playing with some moxy, that’s for sure!  Rookie is not showing any signs of amateurism and will face 6th seed Hairbooze in the championship.

Take on SethDaSportsMan – One of the few 1 vs. 2 matchups in RCL land, Cronos’s Team will take his heavily-favored #1 seed vs. GottaBasketballJones for the league title.  Both teams seem blessed with fairly good health, so may the best team win!

Kap vs. Razzball – Nice work My Heart will Goran!  That team name got some well-deserved props last week, and rode the buzz to the league final.  They’ll face 5th seed Connor’s Team, whose team name is… um…  Not “quite” as good…

Razzball Snipers – RCL nation, everyone keep this league bookmarked!  The Akron Lebrons, the #1 overall seed, has indeed advanced and it’s all up to #2 seed Prestige Worldwide to defeat the evil empire.  Uh oh… only the 2 games from Kyrie Irving for Akron!  “So you’re saying there’s a chance!”

Jedball – Well, strike my comment of the rarity of #1 vs. #2!  Another league where the best advanced, with #1 micoolj79’s Team taking on #2 ReasoNoahble Doubt.  Nice work ACTUALLY owning Noah, Mr. Doubt!  A lot of team name commandeering out there!  At 3rd in the overall standings, Mico has a decent shot to sneak out the overall title.

Latecomers! – Hah, usually I hate the team name changes, but 5th seed team name of oops is pretty funny.  I feel like I should’ve changed my team name to that a ton of times!  oops will face off against #2 seed Brixton Guns.  That’s not a good combo…  Guns+oops!  Hah!  Good luck in the finals guys!

Thanks again for playing in 14-15 RCLs and good luck to your squads in the finals!

1. Frank White says:

Hey JB.. I dropped Dieng and picked up Haslem for tonight then dropped Haslem and got Whiteside off waivers. Good?? Now hw do I handle Ellis and Favors?

@Frank White: Yup, good moves! Dieng changed from facial contusion to concussion like symptoms means he might not play. Trying to hold Favors, but ugh, and same with Ellis, I’m shocked he’s practicing already

• Frank White says:

Dude also Millsap is resting again today.. JB I can’t catch a break.. Lol. I worked my ass off all season and between me and your help almost half my team is off of the wire. I’m excellent in every sport for my waiver wire pickups. By the end of the season you wouldn’t be able to recognize my draft. Lol.. Wait until you hear what happened to me in baseball yesterday!!! Either way this is my 3rd year of fantasy basketball and it went 1st place, 2nd and now in the middle of the championship now

@Frank White: Ugh, yeah this year in particular has been really bad for resting and DNPs. Hah, yeah it def takes skill to get through this! Nice work my man!

2. Connor says:

Hey! I like my team name lol

@Connor: Hahahaha, well that’s all that matters, is if you like it!

• sam says:

I like it also because in the future when I’m old and retired as a fantasy player I’ll always know who it was I beat for my title back in ’[email protected]JB Gilpin:

3. A Hill O' Beans says:

Made it to the finals and it feels good. What doesn’t feel good is that one day into my championship matchup the injuries are coming back for my team.

Rudy? Knocked unconscious after a concussion so he had to go. Schroder? Dislocated his toe and he’s not traveling with the team, so he’s gone. Lowry? I don’t have any faith they’ll bring him back this week, so sayonara to you. That’s one day down and three of my four moves burned. Hopefully Whiteside plays tonight…

I’m curious, do you think anyone else will win their titles relying on a full week from CJ Watson, CJ Miles, James Ennis, Anthony Tolliver, and Anthony Morrow? I’ve gotta say I was honestly THIS close to picking up Joel Anthony for the blocks he’s racking up too.

On the plus side, I’m sure there’s some good team name in there about all the Anthony’s and CJ’s my team is rolling out. Could be three Anthony’s if Whiteside doesn’t come back too.

@A Hill O’ Beans: You did good green beans, you done good…

Yikes, scary for Gay. Hah you’ll def need to cobble it together… Leaning you’ll have trouble, but you can do it! I’m cheering for you so at least I can say “well, I lost to the champ”

Maybe the “Susan B-Team Anthonys” ?????

• Miles proudfoot says:

@JB Gilpin: last year I had “DeTeam”. Cousins, Carroll, Derozan. Was there one more?

• A Hill O' Beans says:

@Miles proudfoot: That’s a good name. I’ve got 2 out of 3 on my REL team too.

• A Hill O' Beans says:

@JB Gilpin: I like the Susan B-Team Anthony’s, haha. Its lacking a reference to my multiple CJs, but I guess they’re already covered by the B-Team portion.

Speaking of which, you know what would be great? If the B-Team guys I picked up to replace my many injured guys didn’t get injured too……I’m looking at you CJ Miles! Try not to break your ankle in your first game on my team. Like WTF man…

• A Hill O' Beans says:

@JB Gilpin: Haha, I like it!