Sunday marked the end of Fantasy Basketball Week 12, which also happens to be the halfway point of the regular season. It doesn’t just happen to be the halfway point, it’s math. And because math has reared its ugly head once again, we might as well take this opportunity to crunch a few numbers from the Razzball Commentor Leagues. A couple inches below you’ll see that the league leaders across all four leagues also happen to make up the RCL’s total top four. Isn’t it nice when everything comes together all clean and orderly like that? One representative from each league in the top four.
As of Sunday , January 16, the RCL top 4 were:
Team RBAej, White Shadow League, 337.5 total points
Mayweather’s Baby Mama, Teen Wolf League, 319 total points
Team Richard, Blue Chips League, 297 total points
Charlemagne Barclay, Juwanna Mann League, 293 total points.
If you click on the RCL Midterm Rankings spreadsheet, you’ll see that all four leagues were combined into one and each team ranked in each category from 1 to 48, just as they are ranked 1 to 12 in each category in their individual ESPN leagues.
Don’t fret if you didn’t make the list. You’re still a beautiful and unique snowflake. Think of it this way, you made it into the top 50! Bully for that!
Some fun facts I noticed across all leagues:
- Among the top four teams, no player was owned more than once, although it should be noted that Mayweather’s Baby Mama has only five players on his roster (Grant Hill, Bogut, Billups, AK47 and Terry) that were unowned on any of the other four teams.
- Not to take anything away from Mayweather’s Baby Mama, but his Teen Wolf League has four of the five worst teams across all four RCL’s. I won’t name them, but you know who you are. Actually, you probably don’t, as it’s likely you haven’t looked at your team since Oden was a week away from returning.
- North Kingstown RI deserves special recognition for having two different teams, both of which are among the 10 best in the league (No. 7 and No. 10).
- The four Commissioners of the RCL leagues are ranked in 4th (Charlemagne Barclay), 33rd (Stumptown Pirates), 40th (King & Duck), and 45th (Louie’s Legends) … which is just weird.
- Team Richard would be significantly better if it pulled up its FG%. As of Sunday, it was ranked 39th out of 48. That’s the second-worst single-category ranking of any team in the top 10.
- The worst is North Kingstown RI’s FT% in the White Shadow League. It’s ranked 43rd out of 48.
- Team RBAej doesn’t rank first in any category, but ranks no lower than 13th in every category.
- None of the teams in the top 15 changed between their simple point totals and the point totals + team averages Power rankings.
Congratulations to the teams that are still in it. Generic words of encouragement about moral victories for the teams that are not in it, but are, at least, still trying. And zurberflipnoptic superkligg to those of you who gave up on your team before it was sweater weather outside.