Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+

1617-rcl-logo

Soooooo, a big mea culpa from your’s truly.  On top of an epicly busy weekend (is it epicly or epically?  Even online it’s hard to get a definitive answer!), I at least had an epic (no adverb!) epiphany…  Doing the RCL recap post on Fridays was just plain silly, as half of the next week had already gone by.  Due to having multi-posts dedicated on the other days, and two posts on my plate for Monday, I thought Mondays would be rough doing it then.  I mean, who wants 3 posts of “me”, and who would want the world to know I have no life and write all day on Sunday and Monday morning…  Oops!  Too late!  So we’re going to do these on Mondays now, except, well, probably not the next few Mondays…  Stupid holidays!  But earlier in the week than Friday, and on Mondays once we flip to 2017 and get through all this awful Christmas music…

We’re still all chasing Cronos’s in the Take on the Jay league, sitting pretty with a 46-16-1 record, good for 93 RCL points.  A 5 point lead on the field!  I’m going to yell at Jay, both for letting this happen, AND for my Panthers beasting his Bolts…

Check out how your teams stacked up after weeks 6-7 in the 2016-17 RCL Master Standings Table table, and here’s some notable takeaways from the past two regular season weeks across our 23 RCL Leagues:

Take on the Jay Cronos’s be owning’s!  It’s like Cronos deleted what he’s being possessive of!  Is it “… Team”?  Or “… Squad”?  Or “…p0wners”?!  6-3 win last week keeps Cronos’s atop the leaderboard, with Chris Paul still owning and great value on Kevin Love.  Gets Chris Kaman UR Face this week; with a name like that, we need to see some numbers get sprayed all over the place to bring Cronos’s down a few points!

WE-GOT-A-TROPHY! – With a 44-19 record, Greek Squad remains in 2nd.  But #1 in my heart with the best team name/owning Giannis and the best logo!  Check it out if you haven’t yet.  The huge start from Trevor Booker has helped, but losing Mike Conley still looks like an uphill climb.  I believe in you, Greece, don’t let the world economy slipping bring you down!

Philzilla’s Pac Coast Razzer – Also at 44-19 and tied with those Greeks is the surging A Very Solid Team!  Geez, is this team in fantasy witness protection or something?!  After a 3-6 start, things have mightily turned around, with 8-1 and 6-3 wins these past two weeks.  It started runny, but after some fiber, things are staying solid!  But man, they don’t have a single guy ranked top-20 thus far!  Getting 60 from Klay Thompson was fun though!

JB’s RCL 3: “RCL Harder” – I figured I’d check in with at least ONE of my teams, so alas, my best team went from RCL title contender to blah/barely in the playoffs.  Had a rough 2-7 loss, but actually the rest of the year has gone pretty well!  This is my Brow/Lillard team, so I’m expecting the big Anthony Davis injury to derail me…  How it always goes!  At least I held my own and got a 5-4 win over first place ImpOSHible Mission, who is sitting in 5th on the leaderboard at 42-20-1.  I’m trying my best to keep things close!

Thanks again to everyone playing in RCLs this year, and I’ll be back probably ~mid-week next week to update the standings through week 8.  Good luck this week!

1617-rcl-logo

1. Threekola says:

Alright guys…..shits getting annoying now. But a first world problems kinda annoying. I have 2 guys in the IL, and another guy injured on top of that, and trynna figure out the best way to go about a 2 for 1 to make space for when they’re healthy.

My roster:

John Henson
    Will Barton
    Marcus Morris
    Justise Winslow (INJ)

Mike Conley (IL)
    Nernels Noel (IL) *no longer has INJ sign*

I’m trying to tank FG%, like JB read in a comment earlier. Trynna trade Curry + a couple trash pieces for a couple elite fg% tank guys.

Basically what I’m trynna figure out:
    1) Who do I value more between Noel, Henson, and Pau? Which one (or two) should I look to throw in for a 2 for 1 and which of them should I want to hold on to, if I had to make a move NOW. My order right now is Henson > Pay > Noel. So, trade Noel first, but I can REALLLYYY regret that later. I don’t know what the odds he gets traded are.

2) I’ve already decided Barton is my go-to throw in guy here, as he’s proven he can provide value and guys with empty roster spots wouldn’t mind him at all.

3) Do I consider packaging Winslow. I think for me, I keep him. I’m elite in threes and bad in fg%, so I don’t mind his %s, and I could use another all around type of guy to go with Dray.

Thanks guys

• Threekola says:

@Threekola:

Might not even tank fg% btw, depending on what trades I can get.

Thinking of offering Brook + (Any of Noel, Pau, Barton, or Morris) for KAT. Guy will probably do Pau + Brook for KAT.

But the main trade he wants is Curry + Pau for Kemba + KAT. I know you like it JB, but Curry =/

Sorry for the lengthy question…again

@Threekola: Noel gets cut! Easy peezy. I like the idea of selling Curry for your build tho, but you def need a lot.
        1. Still Pau 1, then henson>Noel. I dunno if you can get much for Noel TBH…
        2. Noel and Barton for a good FG punt guy? Sure!
        3. I’d rather hold him and shop Noel/drop Noel.

Whoa, yeah take KAT at that price for sure!

Curry one… Eh I like the Brook one better. But end of the day I would do the Curry one too, I don’t think gap btw Curry>KAT is nearly the gap between DNP hell/benched in fantasy playoffs Pau < Kemba

2. Colonel Angus says:

curious what you think about an Embiid for Jokic trade. I added Jokic in one league and really think he is going to have his hands full in the second half while Embiid’s missed games are starting to cost me match-ups. Interested to hear who you may target with an Embiid trade if you were dealing with same dilema. and the fact I can’t spell dilema highly suggests that I don’t frequent them. keep up the entertaining podcasts, Slim is a great straight man.

@Colonel Angus: Hello Colonel! Oh that’s a good one. Agree on Embiid’s matchups and I think he’ll get shut down in March. Could be by the fantasy semis or finals. I think I am leaning Jokic for the safety, although both have their risks.

Haha autosuggest usually can help me out! I think it’s dilemma. Wooooo, no red line! And hah yeah Slim is a great straight man, are you implying I’m batting for the other team?! Haha or just like I’m goofy and he’s a good straight laced play off that?

• Eggo Leggo Man says:

@JB Gilpin: straight laced i meant. I made the trade last night and Jokic had his best game ever. If only he could play Dallas every night while Wilson Chandler took the night off. Emb==============D
        wait that was Lance Armstrong
        EmB=======================================D
        you will be missed. :-(…..

@Eggo Leggo Man: Haha I figured, but it made me laugh 🙂 Nice on the trade! Hahahaha

3. Stat Studded says:

Hey JB,

Would you trade Myles Turner for Andre Drummond in a 9-cat H2H? It’s a weekly matchup, so tanking a category would be okay, but is it worth the tank? I am middle of the pack in FT, and 3rd in the league, but the 1st and 2nd teams are last in FT. When playoffs come around, that might be an important advantage..

@Stat Studded: I think I’m holding Myles at this point. Yeah having that FT win in the bank against the 1/2 teams sounds crucial

4. Tyler says:

10Team League, need advice:

Who should I drop to activate JLin? Also should I swap one of my guys for any of the FAs available? Trying to punt points and FT since this is the only way I think I have a chance to win.

G-Oladipo,Dragic,Holiday,Beverley,
    F-Lebron,Ariza,TBooker,Kieff,Thad,JaMychal
    C-Whiteside,Deandre,Capela
    IL-Warren,JLin

FAs:
    Henson
    Tony Allen
    Mills
    Covington
    Roberson
    Okafor
    Aaron Gordon

Thinking of dropping Thad (activate JLin) and Kieff then scoop up one of Mills, Henson, RoCo or Tony Allen?

• Tyler says:

@Tyler: oh and Robin Lopez also got dropped but I feel like he loses some value since im already punting FTs?

• Tyler says:

@Tyler: do you like rolo over henson?

@Tyler: I think i would indeed drop Thad, hold Kieff, activate Lin, and yeah pass on Rolo. Don’t really need Henson either and those other guys are kinda blah to me

• Tyler says:

@JB Gilpin: Don’t you think Kieff’s FG% will be problematic for my team build since i’m already a punt FT?

• Tyler says:

@Tyler: Also, I’m not as dominant in blocks as I have expected? Do you think its worth losin Markieff for either RoLo or Henson? I mean Capela hasn’t been blocking well for 2weeks now. He’s like at 1bpg and Deandre’s not as dominant as before averaging around just 1.6bpg. Whiteside’s my only blocks anchor but isn’t enough. Thad helps some with 1bpg and booker at 0.5bpg

• Tyler says:

@Tyler: or perhaps Okafor fits better on my team since im punting FTs.

@Tyler: I would think your C’s and high-volume good FG% LeBron should be able to pick it up there. I like Kieff’s out-of-position steals for you build. Def not rolling dice on Okafor. Man Rolo looked good last night for the swats. Eh, yeah I think he’s the best asset and you can consider trading from strength if the blocks get awesome. Kieff out for Rolo

5. Tyler says:

Drop Zbo, Mirotic or Saric for Thabo?

Who would you drop first among Zbo mirotic or saric?

• Tyler says:

@Tyler: Casspi, Deng, Evan turner and James johnson also avail while MKG just got dropped

@Tyler: Hmmmm, prob losing Mirotic first, unless you had good Pts/Reb, then ZBO would be mad expendable. Actually Miro and Thabo both give decent D stats, I think only move I’d do right now is Zbo out for Thabo if you need D stats over Pts/Reb