Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+

1617-rcl-logo

5 weeks down, 14 to go!  Well, 15 technically, as Yahoo smartly defaults to have the All-Star Break worked into a two-week matchup.  So 5 outta 20 means we’re 25% through the fantasy regular season!  But if that sounds like it’s going by too fast, remember how boring 1st quarters usually are in the NBA.  It’s not until the 4th or the 1st or 2nd OT (like last night) until things get interesting… That is, unless you own Kevin Love!

Check out how your teams stacked up after week 5 in the 2016-17 RCL Master Standings Table table, and here’s some notable takeaways from the 5th regular season week across our 23 RCL Leagues:

Take on the Jay – And the Jay has been taken on indeed, as Cronos’s remains our fearless RCL leader with 69 (teehee) RCL points, at 34-10-1.  Give someone else a chance!  Another 6-3 win last week has Cronos’s on cruise control towards RCL contention, and is sitting on a 6-3 lead this week.  Cronos’s doesn’t have a disparaging amount of breakouts, just working as a well-oiled machine!

WE-GOT-A-TROPHY!  Greek Squad is certainly looking like they’re getting a trophy!  Hey, the Greeks need SOMETHING right now as their economy rebounds.  Have Giannis donate some of his salary!  “Only” a 5-4 week last to get Greek to 33-12, good for 66 RCL points.  Still love dat logo, doe!  Twin towers of Myles/Kristaps next to the Greek is some crazy young length!  Bet Greek wishes this was a keeper!

Slim’s League – After a tough start, it looks like Slim is starting to bounce back in his RCL!  But the powerhouse of EMBIIIIIIIID just keeps surging, and is pitching a tent towards the tip of the RCL leaderboard!  That might be my finest sentence ever written at Razzball…  7-2 win last week, but they did lose the mad hot Mike Conley.  EMBIIIIIIIID will need to keep from going half-mast with a little less wind in their sails.

H2H 9-12 RCL – What better way to segway from EMBIIIIIIID, than to talk about Dicks Out 4 Harambe?!  Just as poor Harambe got taken out, so did Inglorious Ballers, as Dicks took all 9 cats out for Harambe with a perfect victory.  Finish Him!  Fatality!  With the monster W, Harambe moves into a tie at 14th place.

EmasculatingThroatLozenges RCL – 2 9-0 victories, 1 cup!  I mean, 1 RCL week…   Andrew’s Cool Team was just too cool for school, dispensing of Anson’s Noob Team like they were indeed super n00bs to get pwned!  Only TO was close, with a nary 1 TO victory.  Andrew still has a big hill to climb though, in the large tie at 74 with a 25-20 record and behind in their matchup this week.

1617-rcl-logo

1. Not Your Average Joe says:

The trades, the trades, what what the trades! Throwing out some ideas for your review, with or without tweaks, in my 12-teamer.

1. Conley/RoLo/ 2nd round/4th round for Embiid/5th round/7th round

2. Conley/Batum/Rolo for Wade/Griffin or Wade/Love (Should I add a pick swap? Do I want to avoid due to injury risk for Wade? And am I giving up too many blocks and going too PF heavy?)

3. Conley/3rd round for Jabari/7th round. (Too steep with those pick swaps?)

4. Conley/Batum for Bledsoe and Wiggins (Is Wiggins not worth the price? Should I include a pick swap?)

Just trying to get creative with ideas! Thanks as always and feel free to keep pounding this weekend.

12-team league with some keeper rules: Lowry (PG), Conley (PG), Collison (PG), Beal (SG), KCP (SG), Batum (SG/SF), Harkless (SF), Millsap (PF/C), Zingis (PF/C), Gobert(C), Rolo(C)

@Not Your Average Joe: Haha sounds good!
      1. That’s a ton for Embiid, meh
      2. Rolo blocks are mad fluky, I like both of those
      3. Yeahhh, i wouldn’t give up that pick swap gap
      4. I like this one!

• Not Your Average Joe says:

Oh shoot! For #3 I meant the pick swap the other way around. So I’d give Conley and a 7th round and get Jabari and a 3rd round. Would that change your view of that one?

@Not Your Average Joe: Aha! Hmmmm, I think the value is close. If you had more PG depth I would do it. Eh, I think it’s still good enough to do it, but does that #3 trade guy have a PG instead of Jabari you could get?

2. mikeg says:

Hey guys, wondering what you thought of this trade:

(10 Cat Espn, 3% and TO) 10 Team League

Jymichael Green
    JR Smith
    Ersan Ghostface Sova
    Bazegod
    Danny Green
    IR: Chandler Parsons

Currently in last, But winning this week even with the above injuries.

Thanks for any input!

• james says:

@mikeg:
      Are you able to win FT now with still drummond and gobert on your team? Why did you decide to stop punting. Just curious, I have some of the same guys as you and am punting, by its kinda rough too

@mikeg: @james: I would hold on that deal. Wiggins is shooting 3s at 40% this year after being right at 30% his first 2 years, so I think that hurts. i would stay strong and keep FT punting!

3. #flytheW says:

Daily league fg, ft%, fg%, 3’s, pts, blks, rbds, stl, ast.
    Start covington tonight vs Orlando or Brandon ingram vs Toronto?

@#flytheW: Ah sorry I missed ya! Def woulda said Covington, bad matchup for Ingram and not a big fan. Looks like about even value for either

4. Hi guys!

Dinasty-12er-roto-11cat
    Do You prefer ups & downs of the combo Nurkic+Kanter or the security of S. Adams?

And I have an offer for CP3 that is Griffin & top3 pick of the 2017 draft? Accept it or I keep CP3?

• Toni Vidal Ribes says:

@Toni Vidal:
      And just one more.

Nurkic or Monroe? It´s dinasty, then you think about Nurkic´s upside, but Greg is only 26 and he must go in his best basketball years.

@Toni Vidal Ribes: So is it true dynasty, keep as many as you want with no penalty? I would hold Nurkic if that’s the case. Hmmmm, I kinda like that offer of Blake and a high pick, as long as you have PG depth. And def Nurkic, I know Monroe isn’t that old, but he doesn’t give consistent D stats upside and we kinda know what he is at this point

• Toni Vidal Ribes says:

It´s true dynasty. We have an extra excel doc with the contracts of every player and We bid years in an action for each player that finishes contract that year. There is no money, only years of players. The teams have a “salary year cup” and to do trades one has to stay within that “salary year cup”.
          Based on the own rankings, we have our draft rounds to choose the players that come in the nba from the draft.
          My team is:
          G- Westbrook, CP3, Bledsoe, E. Gordon, B. Knight
          F- Tobias, Parsons, Justin Anderson, D. Valentine
          C-Vucevic, Ibaka, Dieng, Nurkic, Henson, Kanter
          Keep CP3?
          Any other advice?
          Thanks a lot for your work!!!

@Toni Vidal Ribes: Gotcha, ummmmm, def hurts your dimes a little… I think I might hold actually, I’d be more apt to sell someone else. Team looks pretty competitive right now!

• Toni Vidal Ribes says:

I´m terrible with 3´s and 3%. And today arrived an offer with Mr. Stephen (Curry)but I have to give CP3 + Vucevic. I´m always say myself “I bring the best player”. And in this case is right. But maybe I loose too much, not?

@Toni Vidal Ribes: in 3pt% leagues, Steph is soooooo valuable given the % and volume. I like that deal

5. Chris says:

Would you trade dangelo Russell for Nikolai jokic? (Dynasty)

@Chris: Eh, probably not. I don’t know if Jokic is an “alpha” and will ever take that big step to be the #1 guy on a team

6. Ball Junkie says:

Hi guys!!
    2 questions….ROS (both 9 cat PT FT% 8 team)

1) TJ Warren or Gary Harris? (For IL slot)
    2) Drop Frazier for Lin or Rondo?

Thanks!! Love your site and visit daily

@Ball Junkie: Yo! 1 – gimme TJ 2 – Hmmmm. I would say (assuming this is the same league) that I would rather drop one of those two wings, hold Frazier, and IL Lin. Appreciate that, thanks for dropping by!

7. Johnc says:

So pushing your consolidation recommendations around the best players to the fullest,

I ended up in two deals gaining KAT, Horford, Jokic and lost Myles, Howard, Crowder and Hood.
    12 team, 9 cat, h2h. Here is my team:

CP3, R Jax, Frazier, Delly
    DeRo, Leonard, Porter, Poison Goose, JaMychael, Leuer
    KAT, Horford, Jokic, Adams

Thoughts on the trade?
    Next area to focus on for improvement? ((Delly and/or JaMychal may be streamers or a low end 2-1 deal)

@Johnc: Whoa, lots of value flying around! Getting a stud like KAT in a 12er is def worth it, love that deal! You could probably use one more PG piece. I might shop Otto high and see if you can find another PG that also gets decent STL and helps AST in short LAC weeks

• John says:

Thanks! Maybe keeping Dragic instead of pushing for Horford would have been better. Too late now…..onward and upward.

@John: Yeah but it’s still solid, nice work!

8. Threekola says:

Yo JB/Slim, what’s good?

What do you guys think of me trading my Pau + Schroder + Collison to get Capela + Isaiah.

I’m trying to tank FG%, and both Smart and Mudiay are available, one of which I’ll probably use to replace Colly if this happen. Probably Smart to recover steals.

Pau is coming off a strong game other than the fluky ft% and I still think he’ll overall be good, but I give Capela the edge ROS, UNLESSSSS they hack him. My team is low volume good ft%, so if he ever gets hacked it’ll kill me. Do you guys think he will?

Then the swap from Dennis to Isaiah is obviously an upgrade. It’s those two upgrade for the price of switching out Collison for Smart. If we’re not counting fg%, I mainly lose some assists, but I’m good in that category.

The dude I’m trading really wants to do Pau for Capela, so I think he’d do this trade too. Should I do it?

Th

• Threekola says:

@Threekola:

…anks guys! lol

@Threekola: Hahaha, …anks for dropping by as always my man 🙂

Capela has shown spurts of FT ability so I think he won’t get hack treatment very often, if at all. I think I like the deal, although I might get Mudiay given your FG% tank and I think he’s still worth owning. Isaiah would fit the build – and help FT volume – a ton

9. Andrew Ringer says:

On a punt FT team would you rather have Danny Green or Covington ROS? I love covington but he’s killing my FG%

@Andrew Ringer: Yuck. I’d still just hope and pray Covington can string together some good games, Green is too blah

10. Tyler says:

Is it time to give up on Mirotic? Do you think he can turn it around? I also have DJA at the end of my bench. Should i just stream both spots?

Also, metrics really love PatPat. You see him keeping it up ROS? 2seasons ago he finished top 90 i believe. Seems like a DannyGreen / PBev metrics player. Have Kaminsky and Jamychal at the end of my bench to swap.

Thanks Jb!

@Tyler: Yup, stream away both spots if you can! Ehhhhh on Patterson, he was ice cold from deep to start the year, but is now 50%+ in like 7 of 8 games. Screams hot streak to me, def holding Frank and J-Mike

11. Tyler says:

Punt FT 10teamer, should i drop Payton for Markieff, Marcus Morris, AGordon, Smart, Covington, Jr Smith, Kaminsky, Jahlil, Mills, Beverly, PatPat, Jamychal.. Have Lin and Parsons in IR and Warren also inj. I like to keep these 3 as they have high ceilings.

I know you love Elfrid but my team is decimated by injuries with TBooker not playin and Ariza having spasms. Do you still think Elfrid worth holding on to with DJA seeming the better fit so they might be in a value killing timeshare Ros? And fournier handling the ball a lot so they can also slot Meeks or Watson in that PG slot.

@Tyler: Sure, I would get J-Mike I think? Beverley is certainly an option too. I still think Elfrid could have a run in him sooner than later, but can’t really wait for that in a 10er

12. Johnc says:

Two questions for you this fine Sunday morning…..cuz RJax is back baby!

1. Commissioner in our 12 team, h2h league, 9 cat is questioning the fairness of a recent trade that you have helped me with ( good news I think!). The basis is the relative draft positions…..

I got the #5, 29 and 77 picks…. KAT, Horford, and Jokic
    He got #55, 64, 88 and 112 picks…. Howard, Crowder, Myles and Hood.

My point of course is who cares when they were drafted. Why penalize me for drafting well?
    Does this deal look close to fair?? I like my side but not unfair especially since he is punting FTs already with Jordan, so he likes Howard.

2. Just for revisionist history, which side you like long term of these two options?

Add Horford and Jokic or Hood and Dragic?
    My team:

CP3, RJax, Frazier, Delly
    Leonard, DeRo, Porter, Poison Goose, Leuer,
    KAT, Adams, JaMychel

Thanks a bunch.

@Johnc: Hell yeah! Sorry I missed ya til now, busy Sunday…

1. Point commish to this comment – THIS WAS A TRADE AGREED UPON BY TWO OWNERS! Rejecting a trade that two owners liked that both feel like improve their teams is fantasy immoral. I mean, i like the KAT side, and other owner is punting FT, it makes sense… If the comish or other owners get mad, tell them to get mad at the other trader, it’s not fair you got a deal you liked then have it nixed, so someone else could get a good trade from them down the line.

2. I think Horford will age gracefully, and Jokic still has upside. I like the bigs.

• John says:

@JB Gilpin: thanks.

Deal was approved. Such drama given only one owner voted NO

@John: Nice, glad it went through! Hope your commish got a nice slap in the face wake-up call for considering not putting it through haha

13. Stat Studded says:

Hey JB,

Would you do this trade: my Fournier and Rubio for Jrue Holiday? There’s Evans, Parsons, and Conley I could pickup in waivers, as well as JaMychal Green.

@Stat Studded: Damn nice waiver options, yeah I would do that deal and probably nab Green if dire production needed short-term. If not, I would stash Parsons

14. Clos says:

Rubio got dropped in my league. Would you drop Elfrid, Bogdanovic or Bazemore for him? Also I have one IL Spot with parsons being stashed there. Would you drop any of those 3 guys to stash Simmons on the bench?

@Clos: Got ya on this AM’s daily notes!

15. Fizz says:

Points league. Who is getting the better end of the below trade?
    Holiday for T Harris.

@Fizz: I’d likely go Harris for the safety, but it’s reallllllly close

16. Tyler says:

is JRich must own in 12ers? He just got dropped and I only have Kaminsky and Jamychal to drop? Should i swap either for more long term outlook or just stay put? Thanks JB!

@Tyler: I don’t think he’s must own, but I would lose Kaminsky for him